Thread: Settlements updates and new models....if they're ever done :)

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default Settlements updates and new models....if they're ever done :)

Hi,

Just adding a little fiddler on customising settlements in battle. We do see this as important...you can't fully convert it all without doing SOMETHING to battle map settlements; it would be weird.

So, here's a very small and simple peek at an Ildiri type, texture wise. These will improve, get done etc....we've been quiet here, so it's worth a post for you all. There will be something a bit more major soon...

There are some issues with textures, but minor and easily fixed later.

The inside of the city will be heavily reskinned too, so ignore the dark and grubby inner buildings.

--------------

Makanyane is tottering about a lot as it is, but there is a wish to do at least a couple of major places given unique fortifications from her. Just chuck that on the list.... :p

Anyway, things are going well for the mod...

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Settlements updates and new models....if they're ever done :)

Very nice Squeak, it looks good. I would like to ask a question though, Will you guys be doing similar to what the Third Age team did and put little lore material in some of the major cities/castles?

I think it would make conquering every settlement more fun just to get a piece of that particular settlements history/lore.

+rep(I have to spread some first but ill come back.)
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    Very nice Squeak, it looks good. I would like to ask a question though, Will you guys be doing similar to what the Third Age team did and put little lore material in some of the major cities/castles?
    We're going to stick lore info in various places; references to history, factional bits - every vanilla event string (X has declared war on X...sort of thing) has been rewritten on a 'lore' basis. You'll get a fair bit of stuff from unique building trees. Most factions will have 2-3 unique building trees, some maybe more (nearly all courtesy of BanditKS). There'll be cultural markers and bits you can click on in cities...Danny has fortress (ruins too, by Mak) and stuff that have their names pop up when you hover. We'll do everything we can. There's not much point in making a full conversion if you don't make the most of it.

I think it would make conquering every settlement more fun just to get a piece of that particular settlements history/lore.
    Sure. It would add a lot more depth and belief....it was always the intention to do that, and we've talked about all sorts along these lines. I'd love markers on the map that pop up a message about various historical events that happened there, amongst other things, but it's time and everything else.

+rep(I have to spread some first but ill come back.)
    Heh. Thanks

Here's a little extra....shows the clash between the new and the old. We're altering the buildings' models, so they will be slightly different to the old too. BanditKS has made a much bettter look for some for later...completely new. Also the gold on the gates will shine more - more like gold...

Bit of texture mix...

Neko has Selediri strat map models to show in his big thing coming for you (soon)

nice!

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

I really do like how these have turned out!

Woah. I've been quiet recently but I'm still stalking this forum and I just want to say that I really appreciate your work. This mod is the one I'm most eagerly waiting for. I really can't wait to lay a siege upon those Ildiri's towns.

Thanks All factions will have either a reworked settlement look, new models or, like Selediri, an entirely new building set from scratch. Obviously, some factions don't need much, and some need a lot.

I'd best remind of one point though,....the first release will be a magnified area of the full map (about 1/3 or slightly more of the east continent) with nine factions in it, so many factions will not be available in that leaves a load of cool stuff left for the main though!

You DragonDawn followers should also know that Mak has also modded in the strat map textures onto the battlemaps! This means that the colours you see on the strat map will be mirrored on the battlemap also!

Is it supposed to be a secret?

I'll delete my post

Please don't hurt me, I have a wife and kids,...............hurt them instead.
    Last edited by danny X; November 17, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danny X View Post
    Is it supposed to be a secret?

I'll delete my post
    Naw....it's me who completely forgot...me duh, not Danny duh...

Please don't hurt me, I have a wife and kids,...............hurt them instead.
    Will do. I may steal your tractor too.

Brmmm brmmmm, okey post un-deleted

So basically Mak has also done wonders with the battlemap graphics, there has been a massive visual improvement to the graphical detail and they match what the strat map looks like!
    Last edited by danny X; November 18, 2013 at 05:16 AM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

beautiful changes: