Thread: 'This File Contains Invalid Data'

Icon9 'This File Contains Invalid Data'

Once I load the installer for the newest version, thats the message I get. Can someone help? On a sidenote, I honestly think EOD (Empires of destiny) broke my empire. Numerous times have I went through the effort of doing all these steps for the sake of a few hours of gameplay, and then uninstalling, and rebooting, and so on.. I finally put it aside HOWEVER, im unable to play Darthmod ultimate commander edition. It worked fine before when I first got into modding but now crashes at startup of the game. I uninstalled Empire and verified game cache twice, and reinstalled according to the steps. But it doesnt work. After uninstalling Empire I delete the folder since all thats there is left over mod Data. Im not sure if this and EOD are related, but it sill is a concern.

Just to be sure, I get these files in my ETW folder, is this normal?

empire_1332_crash_2013_11_4T3_47_59C0.mdmp

empire_1332_crash_2013_11_4T3_49_11C0.mdmp

Right under my launcher app, and there used to be more. Can someone help me install this, and hopefully get my Empire back to square one?

Default Re: 'This File Contains Invalid Data'

Let me make that simpler:

- All mods had little to no problems before EOD
    - Darthmod worked before, but does not now.
    - Re-installing seems to be pointless
    - Maybe I downloaded a corrupt file?
    - And a hour or so after this post, My empire without the interference of ANY modifications is now crashing.

Default Re: 'This File Contains Invalid Data'

Same problem here. Fresh download/install of Steam. Fresh download/install of Empire. The very next mission was to install TAR: No go... "This file contains invalid data."

I realize it's a terrible sign that this thread is a year old, with no response or help. Stabbing in the dark here.