Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lines of Battle 3.0: Information and Previews. Celtic Preview!

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Lines of Battle 3.0: Information and Previews. German Preview Available!

I'm glad someone is finally doing something about the awful repetitive event pictures. They've bugged me in the past I've just never thought about looking for a fix to the problem.

When comes update 3.0 'Gunny?

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Lines of Battle 3.0: Information and Previews. German Preview Available!

It's like 5 AM for you, Jesus! Get some sleep!

And as I've said, we'll have it finished when we have it finished, but hopefully we'll get it out before the new year!

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Lines of Battle 3.0: Information and Previews. Event Pictures Info!

Hey Gunny thx for the effort.

Is this mod Compatible with Radious?

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    Meraun | HIVE | Community Veteran

Content Emeritus

3.0 will most likely not be. The version out now and the future lite battle version are compatible with radious campaign.

Content Emeritus

Bit of a teaser for something being worked on.

Content Emeritus

Lines of Battle 3.0
    Celtic Preview

The Celts are one of the most interesting groups of the period dealt with in Rome II, and frankly CA didn't do a bad job with some of the early era Celts. But the Celts were missing something: once a player researched the early Celtic units, there was just no real upward mobility, so to speak. A Celtic faction could become a massive empire spanning all of Western Europe, but yet they would still be relegated to early era troops. In essence, the late game for the Celts was quite lacking, therefore we have completely redone the Celtic roster, adding in a late game lineup and changing around a bit some of the early era units, in addition to overhauling the recruitment. The late game Celtic lineup is largely based on sensible progression, as well as migration period plates. Some are slightly anachronistic, but we feel that is a necessary sacrifice for a proper late game Barbarian lineup. With this, I'd like to show off some of the new Celtic units that have been added ingame.

New Units

Briton Youths (Iouncos)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Briton Late Swordsmen (Campgwr Swords)

Briton Late Spearmen (Campgwr Spears)

Briton Late Nobles (Uchelwr)

Briton Axemen (Teceitos) [Picture not available]

Gallic/Celtic Late Spearmen (Gaelaiche)

Gallic Late Swordsmen (Cingetos)

Celtic Late Devoted Ones (Solduros)

Celtic Late Spear Devoted Ones (Solduros)

Boii Late Spearmen (Neitos)

Belgae Late Raiders

Briton Late Raiders (
    Ysbeiliwr)

Belgae Late Swordsmen (
    Milnaht)

Celto-Germanic Warriors

Briton Late Cavalry (Marchog)

Briton Late Noble Cavalry (Teulu)

Celtic Late Noble Cavalry (Rigeporedia)

Celtic Late Riders (Brihentin)

Belgae Late Riders

Special thanks to Maximus183 who is allowing us to use some of his variations for the early Celts, as well as Prussian_Warrior who gave us permission to use some of his work from Armored Suebi.

Expect a German preview later in the week showing off the overhauled German roster. All in all, the Celts have a total of 59 native units (including variations for Boii, Belgae, Gauls, and Britons) and should be much more enjoyable to play.

As for recruitment, we are doing away with the ridiculous vanilla recruitment system (Dogs at a slave trader? C'mon!) and instead are splitting it into 'professional' (mid level troops and other warriors) to be recruited at the Meadhall branch of the City Center, "Retinue troops" (Devoted Ones/other nobles) to be recruited at the chieftains hold branch of the City Center tree, and of course, levies available at all town types. The old buildings will likely remain unless we decide to go through and replace them, however their uses will be slightly different, and they will provide different bonuses.

The reforms them selves are still being worked on, and I'll be sure to let our plans for that be known in the future, to wrap it up, here is an album with some nice eye-candy of the Celts.

Link to Album
    Last edited by 'Gunny; January 20, 2014 at 02:42 PM.

I'll punctuate the previews by noting right now only a minority of the linothoraxes are my textures - a good many are Meneros' or Arthalion, and the shield decorum if not vanilla is Gustave's (we've gotten the gracious permission from all of them).

Libyan Thureophoroi of the line (Medium grade). Libyan hoplites upgrade into them fairly early on. Will probably downplay the number of fully scaled cuirasses, or remove them entirely once I have some more linothoraxes done. Scutum, 2 javelins, spear:

Numidian Cavalrymen. I've added in two more hairstyles (straight hair with a bandana, as I saw EB attribute it to them, and a turban - there's a terracotta (http://i.imgur.com/dCBAipb.jpg) circa the punic wars of a numidian that looks fairly certain to me to have a turban. As much as it still strikes me as a bit odd, I have to remember most of our interpretations of the Numidians are drawn from that more famous Trajan depiction with the ringlets of hair you can see on some of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12