Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Requests, Suggestions, Ideas and Feedback

Default Re: Requests & Suggestions

Magnar, nope, no other mod that touches replenish in any way, and I don't remember researching any technology that cut replenish time rate in half. Or maybe I just didn't notice that kind of technology, playing for Rome... Nor my gens have that sort of skill, and there's no buildings like that... It's simply 2-3 turns for full replenishement =/

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@Golden, any other mods though? they may overwrite the same tables to make other changes.

Just checked it with Mitch's MM, no conflicts, except for battle_cameras and diplomatic_action, I figure those aren't responsible for replenishement?

Not really a req/suggestions, but more of a question here... What's up with Roman garrisons? I mean, on almost fully upgraded Roma, with lvl 4 Provincial Capital, etc I have only 7 units, 3 of wich is Vulgus (Plebs). As you can see in screenshot below:

Now in any other, non-roman, province capital, or any other settlement, there's ~14-17 garrison units:

It's quite sad, as any settlement I'm attacking with less then full stack of well trained legionaries will loose 30%+ man in autoresolve (Or more most of the times). But when AI, with 1 general + 2 levy spearman + 1-2 slingers attacks any of my settlements, it's 80%-100% chance that they'll win in autoresolve. Is it some kind of balance vs player feature?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

cheers for the report golden. Ill boost the roman garrisons in the update after the carthage/iberian overhauls are released. It my explain why rome gets beaten so easily.

Actually, you should get rid of the plebs or replace them by something else that is a bit more useful.

One of the mods in the Steam Workshop improved the garrisons by adding auxilia (or any other type of tier 2 unit).

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@kras, I plan to do exactly that, well not auxillia but some other low unit.

Is there any way to make AI build less temples? I've just took Pella from Macedon, wich was fully grown and every slot was occupied by a temple. As a resolt, instead of recruiting some high-tier units Macedon was recruiting lots of Militia Hoplites and low-tier slingers, also some crappy cavalry.

AI just builds way to many temples, tho sometimes it's nicely balanced, with 1-2 temples in 4 region provinces, and as a result armies are full of elite units cuz AI builds and upgrades military buildings then.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

i can try a few things. thats the first ive actually heard of that issue

i've thought about that problem, and I think having a line of high priority buildings that are only available to AI that as the first slot in province capitals that train units would allow the AI to field full armies

Hey, tried your mod out----really great route you guys are taking like it....I did have a ? about recruitment. I thought all original units were removed. I tried out a campaign and once I built level 2 or 3 manipular barracks all the old units show up. I was playing as Rome.
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

cheers for the heads up ant, ill check it out and hopefully fix for the patch after carthage release. Can u put up a screen shot pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    cheers for the heads up ant, ill check it out and hopefully fix for the patch after carthage release. Can u put up a screen shot pls?

Yeah, when I get back into the game will for sure....Just two more ?s. So, I love the Roman units look fantastic, but I was a bit suprised to see no version of the "armored legionaries". While mixed Rome did in fact us that armour for a good period...but anyways units look great. 2nd ? was I keep getting game crashes on the campaign after like 30-50 turns. Have several campaigns with just about every mod out there and this is a first for me....have you got any other reports out there of this?

Also, if these minor things are fixed (the game crashing), I was thinking about doing a let's play with you mod if that cool with you.
    Last edited by est Dudus; December 13, 2013 at 04:10 PM.

Are you waiting to release until patch 8 or whatever comes out? Isn't that like in 2 weeks?

Sorry, the game crashed before I had a save of that unit bug......I will have to play several turns before I can build the barracks again to screen shot it

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

re: armoured legionaries, please send me a link or source which refers to them and ill consider adding them when i next look at rome.

re: crashes can occur every now and then, though ive not been able to figure out why. Also reloading the autosave generally results in no crash. If anyone can figure out whats causing the crashes (is it even this mod?) then please let me know and ill try fix.

When you do a lets play, please send me a link, i may even put it in the op

Currently we are finalising the Carthaginian Overhaul which will be released when patch 8.1 goes live probably end of next week. The reason being that Patch 8 and 8.1 will require redoing the startpos which will require quite a bit of time to do, so id rather not do it twice in 1 week

The mod will not be updated for patch 8 as it will only be 2 days before 8.1 beta comes out afterwards. I may do a partial release of carthage for the 8.1 beta but ive not yet decided. Maybe best to release it all at once.

Once the Carthage overhaul is released, ill be going and looking at fixing bugs. Then ill look at expanding the gameplay depth before starting on the Greek overhaul.

So any bugs you see keep listing them and I will try my best to fixing them shortly.

re: armoured legionaries, please send me a link or source which refers to them and ill consider adding them when i next look at rome.

re: crashes can occur every now and then, though ive not been able to figure out why. Also reloading the autosave generally results in no crash. If anyone can figure out whats causing the crashes (is it even this mod?) then please let me know and ill try fix.

When you do a lets play, please send me a link, i may even put it in the op

Currently we are finalising the Carthaginian Overhaul which will be released when patch 8.1 goes live probably end of next week. The reason being that Patch 8 and 8.1 will require redoing the startpos which will require quite a bit of time to do, so id rather not do it twice in 1 week

The mod will not be updated for patch 8 as it will only be 2 days before 8.1 beta comes out afterwards. I may do a partial release of carthage for the 8.1 beta but ive not yet decided. Maybe best to release it all at once.

Once the Carthage overhaul is released, ill be going and looking at fixing bugs. Then ill look at expanding the gameplay depth before starting on the Greek overhaul.

So any bugs you see keep listing them and I will try my best to fixing them shortly.
    Thanks for the responce

Re....It is your mod causing the crash.....not sure why (if I did I would have my own mod lol).

Re... On the Roman armour...very quick search but this armour is also in just about every British musuem

The lorica segmentata was a type of body armour primarily used in the early Roman Empire, but the Latin name was first used in the 16th century (the ancient form is unknown). The armour itself consisted of broad ferrous (iron, but steel in modern recreations[citation needed]) strips ('girth hoops') fastened to internal leather straps. The strips were arranged horizontally on the body, overlapping downwards, and they surrounded the torso in two halves, being fastened at the front and back by means of brass hooks, which were joined by leather laces. The upper body and shoulders were protected by additional strips ('shoulder guards') and breast- and backplates. The form of the armour allowed it to be stored very compactly, since it was possible to separate it into four sections. During the time of its use, it was modified several times, the currently recognised types being the Kalkriese (c. 20 BC to 50), Corbridge (c. 40 to 120), and Newstead (c. 120 to possibly the early 4th century) types. There is also a little-known fourth type, known only from a statue found at Alba Julia in Romania, where there appears to have been a hybrid form, the shoulders being protected by scale armour and the torso hoops being fewer in number and deeper./

The earliest evidence of the lorica segmentata being worn is around 9 BC (Dangstetten), and the armour was evidently quite common in service until the 2nd century AD, judging from the number of finds throughout this period (over 100 sites are known, many of them in Britain). However, even during the 2nd century AD, the segmentata never replaced the lorica hamata - thus the hamata mail was still standard issue for both heavy infantry and auxiliaries alike. Roman soldiers, however, bought their own gear and therefore a group of men would not present the sort of 'uniform' appearance we are used to today.[citation needed] The last recorded use of this armour seems to have been for the last quarter of the 3rd century AD (Leon, Spain).

As far as adding a unit I just think you should cap how many you can have in each legion.

Re...... I will give you a link for my let's play when I start it....Have to wait to you figure out why the game is crashing...I tried the auto save and crashes every time.

One of my subscribers sent me this link for a video about the armour..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzTt2uKUhYk
    Last edited by est Dudus; December 13, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

ah u are refering to the segmentata, its not there because it was not actually used until right at the end of the campaign. I plan on adding another reform near the end of the period which would add those units for those that really want them.

can u send me your save game so i can try and figure it out and let me know which of the modules u are using (and any other mods)

how do I send you a save game? sorry never did it before.....I just play lol

ah u are refering to the segmentata, its not there because it was not actually used until right at the end of the campaign. I plan on adding another reform near the end of the period which would add those units for those that really want them.

can u send me your save game so i can try and figure it out and let me know which of the modules u are using (and any other mods)
    Yes, I am but unless we are doing 12 turns per year the timeline is messed up so....at some point you have to make compromises......don't get me wrong your whole setup for this mod is really really cool....I think you are the only one to have done this proper.