Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Requests, Suggestions, Ideas and Feedback

Default Re: Requests & Suggestions

I like how the mod plays, but in my tests I do not see a measurable gameplay difference between 0 (accuracy + marksmanship bonus) and 35 (accuracy + marksmanship bonus). I'm really asking if you're open to playing with accuracy (spread) in the future to differentiate between high and low quality units. I realize to really implement this like I am imagining, you would need to create new weapons/projectiles with different stats, and have one set say for low quality archers and the other for elite archers. That way arrows from elite archers always hit the target, but ones from cheap archers sometimes miss even if the target is standing still. At this point, the only difference between elite archers and cheap archers is reload speed and defense.

I realize that something like this is not a big priority, especially as long as you are working on the west, but I wanted to pick your mind to see if you were open to implementing this kind of specialization in the future. There are factions and areas where a little more differentiation would probably be welcome.

Edit: I don't see any decrease to accuracy in your mod files. I see you increased the effect of experience drastically, which means theoretically my archers should be even more accurate than in vanilla.
    Last edited by Roach; November 24, 2013 at 08:23 PM.

crunchyfrog's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    Carthage steamrolling anyone is news to me. Ive never seen carthage not get spanked by spain and nth africa so it could just be a one off campaign, unless anyone else is experiencing the same thing?
    So far two three campaigns I have seen this happen. Quite early in the game too.

Maybe a better solution is to somehow nerf the North african and Italian tribes a little too.

Ps.

It takes forever, actually almost impossible to level up units by combat. A unit can kill hundreds, even thousands of troops without leveling up.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@crunchyfrog, An auto resolver overhaul is currently being worked on. I think a lot of issues are a result of poor auto resolves. Once it is better, then we can look at the strength of individual nations.

re experience: units take 3 times as long to level up. However the bonuses from experience are much larger. Think of it this way, after 1 battle how much better do u think a soldier would be at fighting? or say a unit kills 500 men (on x1.5 unit size) thats only 2 kills per man on average. How much better would that soldier be after killing only 2 men?

Thats the approach i took to how experience works. The current experience system is a stepping stone to my full unit stat overhaul which is still a long way off and will have experience contribute much more significantly to a units performance.

Hi Magnar. Are there any plans for boosting AI income and food supply? ATM, in my newly started Roman campaign I've noticed that AI barely scraping by, with no gold nor food to build up armies. Some times it's even worser then that cuz AI's income or food goes to "none" and those few armies AI have start to lose troops, and eventually I meet next to none resistance in my conquest. I've seen that with Carphage, 3 different factions in Cisalpina, and now further west.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

actually I think i turned off the neg food causing desertion in the latest version, though Ive not tested if it is actually working.

Ive already significantly reduced food requirements for a large number of buildings to help the AI but it always seems to run into the same prob.

I will keep an eye out for anyway that helps the AI dealing with these and make changes where appropriate.

I’ve been playing a roman (Julii) campaign for a week now on very hard (2tpy and X1 troop size), here’s some feedback :

Globally, this is the mod I enjoyed the most playing (played radious and devide et impera)

I particularly like the diplomacy (aggressive, yet with big alliances forming) and found the battle modifications to be very much to my liking (maybe the artillery was a bit too accurate though, killing off cavalry coming at them for say).

I also liked the low army and unit cap, and the choices it forces you to make and mix in auxiliaries, but midgame, it sort of became a little too «cat and mouse» to sustain different fronts (rising the army cap a bit, not too much, would be awesome).

Also, the flood of crazy aggressive enemy agent was (maybe too easily) crippling cities and provinces (particularly when at war with multiple factions). In a thigh economy, attacking them directly was just too costly (and frustrating) and the only thing to do was to protect with passive abilities and let them fail/die trying (maybe a little to effective those agents…).

Finally, I really missed some conquered settlement options I did not see (like 1. liberating faction and 2. pillaging (cash) without taking the settlement or slaves). The pillaging for cash while taking the settlement jumped the slave population and generated too much slave revolts for too few armies to crush and was not worth the gold.

Oh ! And Ariminum was hit by 6 consecutives earthquake !?! But that’s probably CA…

Hoping you continue your work on this excellent mod,

Cheers Magnar !

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@Filbuster, cheers for the feedback mate

I thought that romans could sack cities now? If not Ill check and see why its not working.

Arminium getting hit by constant disasters is a CA thing definitely and is also rather annoying.

The latest patch reduces the damage agents do to armies but i will look to nerf them a bit with regards to settlements for the next patch.

I put in Dresden's Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod (via steam) and no conflict (so far) : i really like these options and continued my roman campaign. The thing sadly breaking the game and giving the player an unfair advantage are the ridiculous siege AI, but again, that's CA... Thanks for the reply !

A request that might be challenging but that would give more depth to the mod :

Make RRR by Aodh Mor compatible with Magnar Mod.

Or even better, get Aodh Mor into the Magnar Mod team !

He posted in a thread and offered some help, so why not ask him to join ?

1 : Aodh Mor joins Magnar mod team.
    2 : RRR is included in Magnar Mod.
    3 : ???
    4 : Profit

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@Kras, if Aodh Mor wants to join the magnar mod team then he'd be most welcome. However, his mod in its current state will not be incorporated into magnar mod due to historcial inaccuracies and I dont necessarily want to remove all the roman units Ive created to be replaced by his. When I look at the roman faction again i may see if i could include some of his units though.

Is there any plan to make building demand some kind of resources for construction? Like it was in Shogun 2 where you couldn't build all the way without nessesary resources. I've noticed similar feature in DeI, so guess it's possible to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Go0lden_Archer View Post
    Is there any plan to make building demand some kind of resources for construction? Like it was in Shogun 2 where you couldn't build all the way without nessesary resources. I've noticed similar feature in DeI, so guess it's possible to implement.
    DeI uses the Meaningful Resources mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Krasnaļa Zvezda View Post
    DeI uses the Meaningful Resources mod.
    Then, can it be used with Magnar's mod or is it incompatible?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Atm it is incompatible.

After the next patch to change the startpos, I will include it in this mod. However, some things will be changed to be more inline with current changes already made.
    Last edited by Magnar; December 06, 2013 at 06:13 AM.

mennelik's Avatar Civis

why are there no roman archers included? only Syrians ?????

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

They along with the acceni and roarii will be added when we get around to improving the roman overhaul.

Sagittarii will be added to the imperial reforms and recruitable only in the eastern provinces

Acceni and Roarii will be added to the camillian and polybian rosters and made obsolete with the marian.
    Last edited by Magnar; December 07, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    They along with the acceni and roarii will be added when we get around to improving the roman overhaul.

Sagittarii will be added to the imperial reforms and recruitable only in the eastern provinces

Acceni and Roarii will be added to the camillian and polybian rosters and made obsolete with the marian.
    By Eastern, you mean Syria and farther, yes ?

What about the Thracian auxiliaries (archers) ?

Because if we have to wait to get to Syria to have archers, it'll be a long wait.

Can the replenish rate be reduced for 2tpy/4tpy game? It's little dull to watch when a unit looses 90% of man, and in 2-3 turns it's as good as new, even in foreign land, far far away from home, in newly occupied region.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

golden, my armies take 6-7 turns to replenish 50%

Your replenishment rate probably has to do with technolog, your generals traits and skill and buildings.

Are you using any other mods that may conflict?

@kras, i was only reffering to citizen archers. Ive not really looked into it that much and will have a more specific answer when i look at rome again.