Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Requests, Suggestions, Ideas and Feedback

Default Re: Requests, Suggestions, Ideas and Feedback

Hello Magnar / Vea Victis Mod Team,
    thank you very much for for all your huge efforts!! I read about your plenty reasearch an historical accuracy ...

Maybe here's a sugeestion for the mod ... it's about money system. Let me point to Stephen Zarlenga - The Lost Science Of Money: The Mythology of Money - The Story of Power.
    http://old.monetary.org/lostscienceofmoney.html --> table of contents in the middle

regarding Accensi, personally, i think they could be something like "servants" to the wealthier citizens within legion - after all, Legion was composed only from Middle Class citizens, each of them owned a farm, or some small business, or was part of such family (sons).. Higher Middle Class citizens would most likely go to war with some additional servants helping them with their baggage, food, etc.. These men could be then armed in case there is an emergency, so battle of Suessa could be an example of that - they could get reserve shields,helmets and spears from the baggage train, and for enemy, they would be looking a lot like Triarii... yet, they would have no combat experience, therefore would be easy prey for enemy..

but of course, not sure if its even worth adding a unit, that was not supposed to be used in battle at all... (these men would be typical representatives of lower class, which was not allowed to enlist to a legion... yet, sometimes, these men were summoned to defend a city (proletarii) or could serve as rowers in the navy)

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

yeah thats true JaM, there were indeed attendants though i believe they were restricted in number so as to increase the speed of the army and the mouths to feed. There were also examples of slaves who fought when the train was attacked in times of emergencies.

When it comes to creating a roster, we really only look at the units used in battle ie main army and not those that would fight only to defend their baggage train. similarly there will be no farmers with ploughs who might have tried to defend their farms from raiding armies

I'm sorry but not a Rome 2 question. It's FotS.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1088548898

I'm rather new modder who made this FotS overhaul mod recently.
    And I want to stop certain factions from changing their allegiance(in data, it is considered as 'religion').

There are 2 major factions in FotS I think very important. Aizu(Shogunate) and Choshu(Imperial).
    But after I moved Aizu in Kyoto in my overhaul mod, Aizu is betraying Shogunate in turn 5(it is always turn 5, like some scripted event)
    I opened save file, and there was ZERO reason to do so.

Overall Campaign situation when betrayal happened. Changing side was mere suicide.

- Aizu had many strong Shogunate units, which would be disbanded if they ever switch their allegiance.
    - Populace of Kyoto(clan capital) was 100% Shogunate supporter.
    - Aizu had many Shogunate allies and Imperialist enemies. Changing side would only make more enemies.
    - A faction can be converted forcibly if they are subjugated and made vassal, but Aizu wasn't weak.
    - FotS AI faction usually switches side to make enemies to fight when they are surrounded by allies, but Aizu already had plenty enemies nearby.

And CAI setting in current overhaul mod.

- Aizu changed side no matter how high their aggressiveness was. They did that in high, medium_to_high ramdom setting.
    - Their reliability rating is very_high. Highest value in Shogun 2.

I couldn't find any reason or cause.
    How can I discourage or stop AI from changing their allegiance? Is there any db table on this matter?

I really don't want to take player's choice, but I will remove conversion function from Aizu if I have to.

FYI : FotS allegiance is technically 'religion', but it is not in reality.

Many data regarding allegiance is hidden or locked, and FotS playable factions are checked 'false' in 'can_ever_convert_religion' checkbox.
    So they should be unable to change it, but AI playable factions often do change their allegiance in actual campaign as player can do the same.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I've not modded s2 so not sure his that all works. I believe campaign so issignificantly different

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213