Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bugs

Default Re: Bugs

12.2 patch magnar_mod.pack, 4tpy.pack and x2.pack, optimized_magnar_script.pack
    Playing Rome Velites are not in recruiting list
    Rome and Cartagine enter in permanent conflict
    ( posted here because if someone did not read my posts elsewhere repeat question)

Also very minor, but playing as Rome the first 2 legions you get are both named Legio I + some long weird name, every legion started after that is fine...

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I will try to fix these issues for when patch 12 goes live. There have been a number of updates to the patch and could be even more, so will wait till it is ready before testing and fixing further (that way we can spend more time working on the next update)

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Sorry for the debutant question.
    I started with the optimized_magnar_script.pack then can i continue without it the same campaign ? Or will it be buggy ? Do i have to restart ?
    I am at the beginning so no matter what.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

you should be able to continue wihtout it

Clerc's Avatar Civis

I don't know if it's MM relative. Little annoying bug around season's effects.

The first screenshot shows effects/penalties in Winter. But we are in Autumn : see the icon near 264 BC.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Next turn the screenshot shows effects/penalties in Winter. And it's ok we are in Winter : look the icon near 264 BC.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Its not a bug, its a feature

It represents a long and early winter.

The icon says Autumn because that is the phase that it is assigned to. There is a 1/10 chance in most regions of a long and eearly winter.
    Last edited by Magnar; April 27, 2014 at 06:42 AM.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

"I don't know if it's MM relative".
    I like surprises. I love your mod Magnar. Thanks for it
    Last edited by Clerc; April 27, 2014 at 07:11 AM.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

I have an issue in Lemonum.

I cannot click (and convert the building) on the Barbarian Hamlet (WARHORSE) icon. Is it MM relative or is it a mini bug of CA's beta 12 ?

On that screenshot you can see that in same province i can click (and convert) on the Enclosed Land icon.

Anybody knows what to do ?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

That is from meaningful resources but not sure why its not convertible

Will have to look into it.

Also you have expanded a lot quite quickly there... maybe i need to make the campaign harder or maybe its cos of your other mods making it easier
    Last edited by Magnar; April 29, 2014 at 05:35 AM.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Happy to learn that there is a reason and hopefully a solution to that issue.
    Even if you make the campaign harder it would be still too easy for me. Because i am a lucky guy... except for building Barbarian Hamlets.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Problem with making it more difficult is that the AI has to be able to do well with the faction as well as the player. So it is easier now than it was a few updates ago.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

I understand but the Guaranteed Major Faction Empires should resolve this problem (it works well) offering to the player stronger/bigger opponents. This is a suggestion i don't know anything to modding or i would have still offer to you some help because i love your mod. Anyway you are the master you know what you do.
    Also playing Rome is always easy. Atm Magnar Mod is great and harder than DeI is. But not enough according to me. Once again : you are the boss and thanks for Magnar mod. I really enjoy it.
    Once this campaign achieved i restart one with a minor faction on Legendary, it should be something.
    Last edited by Clerc; April 29, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Yes i know that mod and would like to implement something a little similar but its very much dependent on a number of things whether my idea will actually work.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Just to confirm that I've found the problem with buildings being unable to be converted and it will be fixed when patch 12 goes live (today i hope)

Not sure if this is intended but im using the 2x unit size . 4tpy modules , and i notice the garrison sizes are different compared to the recruited ver , for example i was playing rome and the hastati is the normal 320 per squad , but the spear city guard (forgot name but starts with R) is 120 men / same with the javelin levies ?

Also it seems the units on the wall are easily being killed off by projectiles (that arent even siege weapons) like arrows ?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

cheers for the bug report white, will try figure out a fix for the next update

humm not sure if its just me being unlucky , was playing with the Spanish tribes , when i had a slave rebellion , there was a Full stack of high level (3 bronze stars) army right outside my city , shouldnt it started off with a small stack first ? lol

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@whitewolf, usually it should but perhaps there is a new mechanic CA added? ive not really touched it much or you may have just been unlucky

@audy, you've got the wrong mod forum, this isnt thrid age total war

After the download this morning I can no longer load the game with this mod...does not make it to the main screen only the sega screen then it crashes...