Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bugs

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Bugs

hmm, can you send me your save so i can try figure out whats causing it?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

It seems to be caused by something in the base mod pack. Until I find the exact cause, if you want to keep playing, launch the game without the base mod pack and load the save, then end the turn, then quit and relaunch the game with the base mod pack enabled again.

Hopefully it doesnt take too long to find. It's strange cos Ive not modded anything to do with the triumph... but ive included TTT mod which may cause something. Ill post here when the fix is found.

Maybe I figured it out. Problematic character "Cotta" I put into active service as infantry units, not on horseback. At the end pull the trigger triumph and video game does not freeze. Everything is working properly.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

you mean u put a general as an infantry unit ?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

The problem is actually with the TTT mod that is included. Ive deleted all the tables from that mod and there is no problem. I will mention it to dresden and see what he thinks could be the issue and whether its been fixed or not.

So far so'll try it. Maybe it depends on how the first appointment as commander of the army will choose his personal guard. Whether it be infantry or horse riders. Otherwise, no problems have not noticed. Great mode

This isnt the issue with patch 8.1 everyone is talking about? There is a fix out which removes the 'Triumph' film, or you can just ctrl+s when the game seems to freeze and reload to get around it.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

nope its a bug with TTT mod. when those tables are removed there is no crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    nope its a bug with TTT mod. when those tables are removed there is no crash.
    Interesting. This may have affected some other mods using TTT.

There is a problem with my iceni campaign (and I presume all iceni campaigns). At the start of the game none of the other barbarian factions of Britain have a bronze workshop or an iron smith, therefore the only unit they are able to recruit is slingers, rather than build an iron smith or bronze workshop they are just building full slinger armies. Surely they should be able to recruit at least a spear levy?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Have updated the base mod file which includes the latest TTT that dresden said should fix the crash. It was not a Triumph bug but an egyptian trait bug.

@rick, the britons have not yet been overhauled. Once they are they will no longer have that problem.

Ok cool, look forward to it

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Couple problems with Carthage:

1. Only 1 general unit showing up as option, the basic elephant bodyguard labeled "Pilim." The heavy horse and elite sacred band type hoplites are gone. I added a couple more with some mods but before adding the mods via steam workshop only the elephants showed.

2. Carthage shows a trade agreement with Libya but it's not actually importing their grain and fish -- at least they are not showing in the diplomacy screen.

3. I think there are some minor entry mistakes in the buildings, with an elite horse unit showing as unlockable in every type of port -- I think this is also one of the missing general units.

Any luck tracking down the satrap/client state money bug yet? I asked around to see if anyone else has accidently caused it but no reply from them.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

havent looked yet. busy making the mod patch 9 beta compatible and finishing the next update. i will look for it when the next update is released scouts honour

I hope you can fix it for the next update. Not looking forward to going to war with Carthage when they have effectifly unlimited money behind them. I rolled my campaign back by 14 turns (I was on turn 24 when I realise Carthage had unlimited cash) and decided to make the Etruscans my satrap instead of destroying them, hoping they would throw a few millions my way at some point.

Also is it possible to add recruitment slots to barracks? And have Rome start with building which allow it to recruit all early republican units at the start, which would would of been able to do at that period in time?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Roman can already build all early republican units at the start (except equites need to be recruited from lvl 2 farm as they were wealthy land owners).

Im looking at restricting recruitment to 1 per settlement actually. So if u have 2 regions in a prov u can recruit 2 units per turn etc)

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

ok, ive tried another attempted fix for the CS money bug. It will be included when patch 9 goes live. If you wish to test if it works, please do so with a new campaign.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Ill be releasing a hot fix tomorrow to fix two small things, if you see anything else that doesnt seem right then post here and ill try get it fixed for tomorrow as well.