Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Bugs

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by elbomberoloco View Post
    Is the raiding stance working as intended? It seems to have no effect in my campaign...
    which part of the raiding stance are you referring to?

I guess the entire stance. It gives a monetary gain, but no order penalty or food penalty ?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by elbomberoloco View Post
    I guess the entire stance. It gives a monetary gain, but no order penalty or food penalty ?

ah ok ill have to check it out and see whats going on with it.

I noticed that the naked Celtic spear unit are classed a melee infantry in game.

Sometime I see an AI faction in the recruiting/mustering stance but it never recruits any unit. Normally when they are really recruiting they army will say it contain say 13 units but there are one ten cards.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Hi,

In my latest campaign as Rome I noticed that I can recruit Hastati, Principes and Triarii trough the Roman City (I) building, but the upgrade to a larger city (II) the description says that it unlocks garrison units - nothing about recruitment.
    Also the description for Manipular Barracks says that it unlocks garrison units - again no recruitment.

I haven't constructed these buildings yet, so I don't know if the buildings just have wrong descriptions.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Hi,

In my latest campaign as Rome I noticed that I can recruit Hastati, Principes and Triarii trough the Roman City (I) building, but the upgrade to a larger city (II) the description says that it unlocks garrison units - nothing about recruitment.
    Also the description for Manipular Barracks says that it unlocks garrison units - again no recruitment.

I haven't constructed these buildings yet, so I don't know if the buildings just have wrong descriptions.
    the garrison units cant be recruited, but they should appear in your settlement garrisons. The Manipular Barracks no longer enables the recruitment of early citizen units, instead it now increases public order, increases garrisons and enables recruitment of later period roman elite units.

Hi all is it normal for the new iceni faction (can't think of the name) to have -100 campaign map movement range while on the stance Feasting they can't move at all. I'm not bothered as I don't use it just want to know if everyone else gets it.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by jscpsg View Post
    Hi all is it normal for the new iceni faction (can't think of the name) to have -100 campaign map movement range while on the stance Feasting they can't move at all. I'm not bothered as I don't use it just want to know if everyone else gets it.
    yes it is intended. The stance that replaces forced march is intended to not allow armies to move to guarantee the AI doesnt use them when attacking.

Hey Magnar very nicely done. Two notes from my first experience with your mod. 130 turns into a campaign with as iceni 90% of other faction army's are levy (at least every faction i've seen yet on the map). Aside for being attacked by enemies on the Brit mainland, nobody in Europe has picked a fight with me; rather they all seem to like me (iberian, German, other celts). Who knows, maybe just this campaign...

good day to yo!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Bslade View Post
    Hey Magnar very nicely done. Two notes from my first experience with your mod. 130 turns into a campaign with as iceni 90% of other faction army's are levy (at least every faction i've seen yet on the map). Aside for being attacked by enemies on the Brit mainland, nobody in Europe has picked a fight with me; rather they all seem to like me (iberian, German, other celts). Who knows, maybe just this campaign...

good day to yo!
    cheers for the feedback mate,

we currently have someone reworking all the army templates to get more balanced armies.... though 90% levy units for a barbarian faction does sound quite historical

As for aggressiveness, that will come when we overhaul diplomacy and ai (wont be in the next update though ). Essentially the current system has been there relatively unchanged for about a year so is well due for a revamp me thinks.

Daizus's Avatar Foederatus

In emperor campaign not show factions names.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Daizus View Post
    In emperor campaign not show factions names.
    This mod is only for the Grand Campaign, we transfer some of the factions from the Emperor Campaign to the main campaign which will cause issues when playing the Emperor Campaign.

There is a bug with the current release; starting units are the default from Rome 2 Vanilla; as in, Rome for one starts with the vanilla hastati, leves, and even some mindblowing Velites. Can be an issue for the initial fights, as everyone still has the vanilla units, might be unbalanced when they're combined with the mod's ones.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    There is a bug with the current release; starting units are the default from Rome 2 Vanilla; as in, Rome for one starts with the vanilla hastati, leves, and even some mindblowing Velites. Can be an issue for the initial fights, as everyone still has the vanilla units, might be unbalanced when they're combined with the mod's ones.
    That was left like that as i was having issues getting the mod units to work with the startpos.

A work around has been found and starting armies have been added to the next update. Because the next update is scheduled for next week we wont be adding starting armies to the current release as it would mean not adding stuff for the new update (it takes hours to add those starting armies).