Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Westeros: A New Beginning - Version 2.1 released!

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] Westeros: A New Beginning ~ VERSION 2.0 RELEASED!

Great work! I think Halys Hornwood was with Roose Boltons host, might want to add Tallhart closer to the twins with like 2 units of archers and 1 unit of swordsmen.
    Here is also a great possible portrait for Hornwood:
    http://imgur.com/FIaCUIM

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Cool portrait indeed!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I just noticed that Seagard is for some strange reason on the wrong location. If you want to fix this mistake download this file

http://www.filedropper.com/mapregions

and extract it to your NewBeginning/data/world/maps/base folder. At the end don't forget to delete map.rwm file in the same folder or nothing will change.
    TATW HS Community Award

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Looks awesome, downloading now.

Heyho!

I've just completed a Stark campaign with this excellent mod. Just wanted to say a big thank you! Renly and Highgarden were the two powerhouses with Tully receiving artificial help from myself and becoming strong later on. Joffrey was wiped out pretty early on, as was Stannis but the Lannisters clung on for a bit.
    Perhaps the only thing that annoyed me a bit was the constant reminder about the victory conditions, but maybe there was no other way to get that in. This submod will tide me over nicely until the main version comes out.

Thank you Matto!

how do you get that advisor back , the one that asks you if you want to declar your own kingship, i "X" it out in the beginning and built up a strong force, now how can i get that option back, also is there any updates in the near future, i have developed a lust for lannister gold

Some problems
    1. No or very little income or hard to get income
    2. maxed empire- no rebel settlements though this makes sense in relation to books
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; December 28, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

I am happy that you like it. This is my first biggest project by far and as I enjoyed working on it you can enjoy playing it.

There are still some issues which will be fixed in next small patch that will also balance economy a little bit since I didn't pay much attention to in my latest release. Rebel settlements doesn't fit to Westeros and you can't get advisor back once you claim kingship. If you don't claim it he will get back some turns later when you click on your faction leader that should be out of settlement.
    TATW HS Community Award

are units balanced? also some bugs i think
    1. by going to agent list i was able to move sansa stark out of kings landing on the first turn, i just assumed you cant cause of story line but wwhat ever
    2. i got a mission to marry sansa stark to Robb Stark lol so wanted to do it but i was not able to becasue there was no option to but i still failed the mission and got what ever penalty comes with it.

also the most important thing , is there going to be "THE WALL" and the 2 added factions of the nights watch and the wildlings/"OTHERS" in the north cause thaat would be a cool edition, since i see in custome battles when i choose hungary there is a night watch icon

Units are as much balanced as they are in original Westeros mod so my answer could be yes. We know that Greyjoys are a bit superior but otherwise there aren't other differences between factions.

1. I just added Sansa and Arya to Stark without changing anything else. There may be a script or a trait that prevents Sansa moving out of King's Landing but I haven't figured it out yet.
    2. Family trees are still incomplete as I had much problems with them. This will be fixed in next patch and then you won't get such silly missions.

No, I am not planning to add anything north of the Last Hearth to the game. There are two reasons for that:

- I don't have enough experience in modding to expand the map
    - This submod is concentrated on Westeros and War of the Five Kings where the Wall and the Land beyond it doesn't play any important role.
    TATW HS Community Award

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Give sansa the taken prisoner trait, then a script to remove it when KL falls to stark.
    As to stark family tree, you may want to make Robb the child of Brandon Stark (ned's elder brother) as m2tw only allows a max of 4 children

i really wish there was enough lore or info to make a mod involving the dathroki (spelling) and that other continent cause that would be cool

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Essos Total War isn't complete but a rough version had been released

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis the Mannis View Post
    Give sansa the taken prisoner trait, then a script to remove it when KL falls to stark.
    As to stark family tree, you may want to make Robb the child of Brandon Stark (ned's elder brother) as m2tw only allows a max of 4 children
    This is what I will try to accomplish in my next patch.

You have many other mods outside Sigmar you just have to check the thread and you will find both Essos Total War and Fire and Blood 0.8 that includes the Wall and everything beyond it.
    TATW HS Community Award

It seems that the available number of generals for marriage, foreign and domestic, is a small amount to non-existent. Is this because of a bug or is it because most of the generals are in a family tree?

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

Would you be able to add some units from Fire And Blood ?

I also think Harrion karstark was with him as we'll instead of karhold.

I have to say that I got back into MTWII only because I saw that there were WTW mods, and I have to say, your mod is superb!!! Not many bugs, and great depth and accuracy. You would give creative assembly a run for their money on a franchise WTW release. I'd point out some changes that could be made, but I know it'd take hours probably to fix the smallest item. Mad respect to people who mod in their free time..especially when their mods rock

do i need to have the other westeros mod installed or can i just install this mod without having the other origional westeros mod installed?

DrakeRox's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    do i need to have the other westeros mod installed or can i just install this mod without having the other origional westeros mod installed?
    You don't need any other, just download the mod and unpack it on your mods folder.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Hey, so I get a crash when launching a new game. Anyone else have the same problem?