Thread: I"m Sick Of These God Damned Sappy Ncaa College Stories

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default I"m Sick Of These God Damned Sappy Ncaa College Stories

why do they need to make a sappy story every week before going into the game? Last week it was clemson, a team favored btw, about a player his little brother and his drugged out mom. This week it is about some crippled guy and wanting the play on Ohio state. Does ohio really honestly need a sappy story to pump them up and surpass the insurpassable mighty Penn State...? Notre Dame slaughtered them by something like 30 or 40 points.

or how about this pic on ESPN's front page:

with the title above it, "living on a prayer"

anyone wanna know who they are playing??? Freakin Michigan State. An unranked team that while undefeated and toppling the mighty Idaho, E. Michigan and Pittsburgh, they just aint that good. Grantd that last stunner was in Pittsburgh...

So I ask, why all the sappy stories??? Why all the sappy stories for the favored teams. Are they really that necessary?
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: I"m Sick Of These God Damned Sappy Ncaa College Stories

I don't think that they pick sappy stories for favored teams really, they just find the sappiest story that they can find on either team and show it.

I liked that story about clemson btw, I had seen stuff about that guy "Ray Ray" before, it's a good story.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Freakin' Michigan State is kicking Notre Dame's ass right now. MSU's had ND's number for a ling time now. Total joke of a team, they're gonna get killed by two Michigan teams in back-to-back weeks.
    In Patronicum sub Seleukos.

I am the living death
    The memorial day on wheels
    I am your yankee doodle dandy
    Your John Wayne come home
    Your Fourth of July firecracker
    Exploding in the grave -- Ron Kovic

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Where was the sappy story about FSU against rice??? Granted we won 55-7, but still.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Obviously since you are isolated completly. Michigan State is one of those teams with a knack for crushing peoples hopes.

Watch them beat Michigan when they play them. And then turn around and get bombed by the Fighting Illini. That is just the team the Spartans are. And no one cares about Felony State.