Thread: MOS 1.6 Hotseat

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Default MOS 1.6 Hotseat

A few days ago I installed that submod on my computer and it is really great. The map is much more lore-accurate, there are many interesting events, some factions have been changed, some added... However I am talking about hotseating now and MOS has another great archievement which is more balanced AR (definitely for Mordor/Gondor) so I am sure that this also counts for all other factions.

I would like to try one hotseat using this submod with only 4 or 5 factions and players that are experienced and reliable in my opinion. If you are interested of course, I propose that we concentrate either on Gondor - Mordor scenario with Rohan and Isengard-Dunland/Harad or northern scenario either in Eriador or Rhovannion since the map is bigger and it would be better to concentrate on one part of Middle Earth.

The players I would like to see here are joerock22, Chieftain Khuzaymah, JWANT, maybe Panda and myself while knight of meh can become admin. However before we can be talking about details of such hotseat I would like to hear if you have any interest to join.
    TATW HS Community Award

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: MOS 1.6 Hotseat

MOS is a submod on Third Age right? What does this mean for my other TATW hotseats? Do I have to change maps and folders everytime or can you play TATW and MOS alongside eachother without any manual modifications?

Well I had made a copy of my original TATW folder so that I now have 2 of them, one for original TATW and one for MOS submod. I just renamed the original TATW to ThirdAge_3a and changed direction in CFG file and running file to ThirdAge_3a instead of normal Third Age_3 and now I can play both versions without any problems.
    TATW HS Community Award

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Count me in! Once I tried playing MOS, I never played vanilla TATW against the AI again. I've never tried it in a hotseat game, so I don't know how it would work. As far as I know, nobody has tried it yet.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post
    Well I had made a copy of my original TATW folder so that I now have 2 of them, one for original TATW and one for MOS submod. I just renamed the original TATW to ThirdAge_3a and changed direction in CFG file and running file to ThirdAge_3a instead of normal Third Age_3 and now I can play both versions without any problems.
    This I don't understand.

I will join if one of you guys cant play. MOS will certainly be very different, the map especially. I have started an Isengard campaign and they are much weaker as they start with just Isengard, obviously Rohan would still have to defend against Dunland.

@Chieftain http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ent-submods%29

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I`ve played MOS a lot. It`s a fantastic submod. A hotseat can be done... but with so many scripts designed to give a single player experience it may cause some weird occurances. I`d be up for trying one out.

Emperor of Hell made a guide for having multiple copies of TATW

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ent-submods%29

Edit: PandaChef beat me to it by seconds ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post
    This I don't understand.
    Take a look at your TATW folder where you can find 2 files - one is CFG and is named TATW and the the other is a shortcut for starting the game and is named Third Age. You must edit both files with notepad and change the direction of those files to your new copy of TATW (for example in the copy of ThirdAge_3 which you named ThirdAge_3a you will also add a in those files).

start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3a\TATW.cfg
    cd mods\Third_Age_3\
    wscript G5BAISwitcher.vbs

instead of

start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg
    cd mods\Third_Age_3\
    wscript G5BAISwitcher.vbs

I have to check it yet if this is true but it would be a shame. Because using MOS we could create an excellent hotseat.
    TATW HS Community Award

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChef View Post
    A seperate install would definitely be needed. MOS doesn't support HS but it doesn't mean it won't work. More like use at your own risk since who knows what could break.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi
    It is possible, but a lot of stuff won't work since many scripts are based on "what faction is the player" and in multiplayer many factions are players.
    Not only does that mean scripts won't work, but also that we simply have no idea about what will be the result of content failing, very likely unexpected and untraceable CTDS in the middle of campaigns, so we do not support hotseat gaming
    Here is our answer. I don't want starting this hotseat only to crash somewhere in the middle, so we will have to play further with 3.2 mod or try to find other submod that is more suitable for hotseating.
    TATW HS Community Award