Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AMD Driver Updates

Default New AM​​D Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta6 Driver update for Rome II

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

-------

The AM​​D Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta6 Driver can be downloaded from the following links:

​NOTE! This Catalyst Driver is provided "AS IS", and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewith.
    Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta​​6 Driver for Windows

• Includes all Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta
    • Includes support for the new prod​ucts:
      • AMD Radeon​™ R9 290X
      • AMD Radeon R9 290

• ​Performance improvements
      • ​Batman: Arkham Origins - improves performance up to 35% with MSAA 8x enabled
      • Total War™: Rome 2 - improves performance up to 10%
      • Battlefield 3 - improves performance up to 10%
      • GRID 2 - improves performance up to 8.5%
      • DiRT Showdown - improves performance up to 10%
      • Formula 1™ 2013 - improves performance up to 8%
      • DiRT 3 - improves performance up to 7%
      • Sleeping Dogs - improves performance up to 5%

------------

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta 1 Driver for Windows
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• ​Includes support for the new products:​
      • AMD Radeon™ R9 280X
      • AMD Radeon R9 270X
      • AMD Radeon R7 260X
      • AMD Radeon R7 250
      • AMD Radeon R7 240

• Performance improvements for the AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series in the following games:

• Total War™: Rome 2 - improves performance up to 10%
    • Splinter Cell® Blacklist™ - improves performance up to 7% on single GPU and AMD CrossFire™ configurations
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® - improves performance up to 9%

Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; October 30, 2013 at 02:05 AM.

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta​​6 Drivers out now!

Wait, Brig

I have 13.11 and it said the same thing for Rome 2. Improves performance up to 10%. So is this additive or inclusive? I think it's inclusive, meaning that the same 10% gain of 13.11 is in 13.11 Beta6. Not 10% MORE with Beta6.

1-2fps more, I guess I'm so heavily CPU limited.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    Wait, Brig

I have 13.11 and it said the same thing for Rome 2. Improves performance up to 10%. So is this additive or inclusive? I think it's inclusive, meaning that the same 10% gain of 13.11 is in 13.11 Beta6. Not 10% MORE with Beta6.
    It doesn't say its limited to 7k series cards, and the list doesn't include the other games listed for optimisations in the 13.11 Beta. There is a remote chance this is a further improvement (or someone just screwed up. Either way, wish I could install these things)
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Default Catalyst 13.11 Beta

New beta driver for AMD gives 10% increase in performance for Rome 2 and improvements for some other games aswell.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx

Default Re: Catalyst 13.11 Beta

Thanks

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

yay
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

But is it still flickering with crossfire enabled?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    Wait, Brig

I think inclusive as nvidia also repeatedly claim same improvements over several versions
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Default New AMD BETA driver 13.11 v7 (28/10/2013), performance improvement for Rome II

The latest beta driver for AMD cards is supposed to improve performance in Rome II up to 10% (and not just on the 7000 series, like the first beta). You can download it here http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx and see if it helps in your case.

ATTENTION: If you do not un-check it during the installation this driver version will install the raptr AMD Gaming Evolved app (http://raptr.com/amd), which basically is nVidia experience for AMD (but has less game presets at the moment), personally I find it useless, but if you have a hard time adjusting game settings by yourself it could come in handy, once enough games are supported, Rome II isn't supported yet.
    Last edited by SamueleD; October 29, 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Default Re: New AMD BETA driver 13.11 v7 (28/10/2013), performance improvement for Rome II

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Thank you kind sir!
    You are very much welcome, sir! If you do install it, be wary of the "AMD Gaming Evolved app" it will be selected by default when installing, but you might not want it.

Default Re: New AMD BETA driver 13.11 v7 (28/10/2013), performance improvement for Rome II

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that improvement an effect carried over from beta 6 and not a new addition in the latest beta?

Quote Originally Posted by zlamaj View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that improvement an effect carried over from beta 6 and not a new addition in the latest beta?
    You are entirely correct, and now that I look more in detail Graham did announce them (beta 6), but his thread got merged with the nVidia drivers thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rivers-out-now!), so I didn't see them, my mistake.

However I'll report my thread, and ask for it to be merged, and also ask if they can make two sticky threads in the tech section, one for AMD and one for nVidia.

I did notice a marked improvement. The forest benchmark itself now runs pretty much flawlessly on extreme (i7 4770k, 16gb ram, radeon HD 7970 here). Fighting any large battle, however, will still get choppy. The game is still not fully using the CPU and GPU, which I suppose is the main reason why performance is so much worse than in Shogun 2.
    believe in nothing.

Do you guys read changelog? No Rome 2 improvements in beta 7 since beta 6. (And still nobody has told me if the crossfire flickering has been fixed yet)

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta7 Driver for Windows

• ​Includes all Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta6
    • Increases AMD CrossFire​™​ scaling up to an additional 20% for Battlefield 4

Test Hardware And Software

Processors: i5 3570
    Memory: 16 GB (8 x 2 GB)
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870 XT 2 GB

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
    Graphics Driver:
    - 13.9 WHQL
    - 13.11 Beta v1
    - 13.11 Beta v6
    - 13.11 Beta v7

Options:

Results: ROME II (v1.5) at 1920x1080

New beta driver v7 for AMD gives 4% increase in performance for Rome 2

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: AMD (Beta) Driver Updates

Merged AMD driver update threads.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Default Re: AMD Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta9.2 Driver for Windows® get it while its hot, its lovely!

I had to go back to the 13.9 stable after 13.11v8 beta because it made Assassin's Creed III crash. So I guess I'll just wait until they release the new official version of the drivers. But thanks anyway.

Default Re: AMD Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta9.2 Driver for Windows® get it while its hot, its lovely!

Welcome old chap! you might try it? you can always go back to 13.9 sir!
    after losing 4 hours of gaming last weekend, because of a crash and the utterly stupid way ACIII and Uplay handle save-games and cloud backups, I'm not too much in the mood for experimenting, I'm afraid.

Welcome old chap! you might try it? you can always go back to 13.9 sir!
    Eh, he did try it and then said he had to go back.

10% improvement for RTW2, that's not bad. Hopefully Nvidia will be helpful too.
    Generous of you to share the info Brigadier!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast