Thread: Help with adding units to custom battles

debux's Avatar Senator

Default Help with adding units to custom battles

Hey all,

I hate to be asking about a simple task that seems to be so simple, that no thread pops up when I look for "adding units to custom battles". It seems I've been away from RTW too long. I went into the EDU, changed the first unit that looked like a good idea to add to more factions ("aor_thrace_infantry", or Thracian Infantry) and changed the ownership to the factions I wanted (namely the hellenistic ones). No changes in the custom battle unit selection. I was thinking that it could be by the fact that it's an AoR unit, but almost all the units I want to add are AoR, so I decided to ask here. What am I missing that seems so blatantly obvious?

Thanks in advance!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Help with adding units to custom battles

I think you have to delete 'no_custom' entry in EDU for that said unit ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

debux's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Help with adding units to custom battles

Ouch... that hit me directly in my "RTW-knowledge" pride... I guess you never finish learning about new stuff from the good ol' RTW engine (I had no idea about that attribute! I never even bothered looking for it!).

Thanks, LestaT. I hope this didn't interrupt you much in your life (and more importantly, R2TR ). I hope you don't mind me releasing a few minimods that add more units to custom battles and balancing pop growth (eliminating the flawed "grain exports" mechanic and reimplementing the base growth values from RTRPE 1.9)?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )