Thread: Eastern Empire Campaign Guides

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Eastern Empire Campaign Guides

Eastern Empire Campaign Guides

Posts yours here

At the top of your post (preferably in bold print) Please put the name of the Eastern Empire you're playing as.
    Last edited by Omnipotent-Q; October 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Default Re: Eastern Empire Campaign Guides

Pontus

Here's a link to a short discussion I put together over at the totalwar.org.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...-Initial-Turns

Foederatus

Default Re: Eastern Empire Campaign Guides

Just a quick guide for Hayasdan/Armenia if anyone is interested. The best way to go with them is taking Caucasia first, ignore everyone else. There are two ways to go about it, you can either build up 2 armies as quick as possible while setting up your economy, food and gold maybe a consecrated grounds as i find sometimes hellenic culture goes up, influenced by nearby hellenic factions. Once you have 2 stacks of units you can either declare war on Kartli and take them out first followed by Ardhan though sometimes if you have to siege Kartli, Ardhan may send an army to reinforce them so you will either have to retreat or fight on the battlefield. The other easier way is to simply go after Ardhan first, Hayasdan/Armenia has an advantage with their edict that allows +2 recruitment slots and cheaper costs as they can build up armies fast so by the time you have 2 full stacks Ardhan will barely have one full stack, that's when you attack, just leave your two armies on the border while building up. After they have been taken out let your troops recover for a turn or two and while doing so raise a third army in your capital to prepare for war against Kartli. Then when you feel you are ready attack them with all 3 armies, siege if you need to which ever way you prefer to capture it. Once this is done rinse and repeat with Colchis, raise a 4th army while the other 3 recover then Colchis will fall easily to your 4 armies as they will probably only have one or two, they are also usually at war with Cimmera/Arche Bosphorus, Trapezos and/or Pontus so they may even be distracted elsewhere leaving their settlement ripe for the taking.

Once you have taken these three settlements where you go after that is up to you. You can ally up with Media and focus on the north or the west or you can turn on Media and go conquer the east or if you are feeling brave you can even try your luck taking on the Seleucids and their satrapies though you will need to be well prepared as they usually have Sardes still on their side and quite often they still have Drangiana and Persia as satrapies too so if you are going to attack the Seleucids it may be best to ally up with Media so they can help keep Persia and Drangiana in check while you focus on the Seleucids. If you are lucky enough Baktria and/or Egypt may already be at war with them by the time you take Caucasia, if this is the case Baktria will keep the satrapies occupied and Egypt will keep the Seleucids themselves occupied regardless of who is winning the war.

All i can say really is take advantage of that edict, Hayasdan/Armenia i find is a little bit OP sometimes. Good units, economy gets going pretty quickly and that edict is really handy plus diplomacy is good as you only have one or two unhappy factions nearby including Ardhan who is at war with you, basically you can take your time if you want to. I enjoyed my Hayasdan/Armenia campaign, i conquered the east and am currently fighting what's left of the Seleucids on one front and Pontus on another front as well as a couple of armies up the top keeping the Germanic and Dacian factions at bay.