Quote Originally Posted by von_zuchter View Post
I'm playing this campaign right now on Normal and its crazy. The most difficult I've played for years.. Cant even imagine how tough this is on Legendary difficulty level. I'm thinking of restarting the campaign. I've tried to battle all fronts and Its impossible. I also won an epic battle on the first few turns against syracuse and I made peace instead of trying to destroy them because I had to disband the mercenaries to get money to support the was in Spain. This messed up my game cause syracuse declared war again and again and I was never strong enough to capture the city. I wonder if anyone has actually won this in Legendary
Yes, done it twice with Carthage on legendary. Syracuse you should take out on turn 2 (impossible to reach on turn 1). Leverage your elephant generals in the starting battles (until you get sword infantry) and you should be OK even if the rest of your army is just militia hoplites; also try to get dignitaries into your armies asap; you can reduce mercenary upkeep to zero with them + some appropriate general's skills + tech.