View Poll Results: How many campaigns have you finished?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

225 83.96%
  • Less than 3

38 14.18%
  • More than 3

5 1.87%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How many campaigns have you finished?

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default Re: How many campaigns have you finished?

Still havent finished any, I gave up on my Rome campaign when the civil war happened and the rebels starved to death. Waited a while and then began a legendary Athenian campaign after patch 4. Very happy with the game now, nearly 200 turns in, and I built up alot of allies, trade partners and have been hitting on most objectives. Very enjoyable. Battles still prove to be quite easy though. I'd say give it about 10more hours and I'll have finished this campaign.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Wow. So far 36 votes, and 31 of those have not finished a single campaign. If the results continue in this trend, I really hope CA will take note of the results.

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

0 (zero)

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Since I'm the 2nd guy that voted that has finished more than 3 campaigns...

rome, macedon, rome, egypt, macedon, carthage, pontus, rome, parthia, athens, egypt, sparta, epirus and now the seleucitards

its interesting how the romans have a changed feeling every time i play them.

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

I hope CA's 'metrics' squad noticed that I tried powerful hard to finish just one campaign but after forty hours I just couldn't bear all the pointless clicking and auto-resolving.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

haven't finished any.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I haven't finished a campaign since Medieval II.

Since Empire it's impossible to keep interest after awhile. You lose the effect of building a nation and then it's a tedious movement of stacks and the same battle over and over again, giant blobs crashing into giant blobs. Sometimes I just ragequit because something stupid the AI did that just ruined the campaign for me. The longest game of Empire I ever played was as Sweden, I lasted until about 1730. At that point, the Marathas, who I previously had no dealing with at all, suddenly declared war on me and dropped a stack in Norway.

Long story short, what's missing is an engaging campaign. I don't even know how to explain how Med II managed to be so engaging, but it did. I still play it, and I've finished 3 LONG campaigns. :shrug:
    Last edited by Sir Winston Churchill; October 29, 2013 at 07:46 AM.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Chih View Post
    Wow. So far 36 votes, and 31 of those have not finished a single campaign. If the results continue in this trend, I really hope CA will take note of the results.
    Yeah, right.

I haven't finished any campaigns myself. Mainly because a patch would come out, so I'd start a new campaign to get the full patch experience. I'm pretty well on my way to finishing a campaign with the new patch though - as I say this, I'm sure Patch 6 will come out and I'll have to start over again, hahaha.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

I would have finished more, if they didn't make a patch every 10 days...
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

i've started 4/5 with different factions but never finished. I like the first part of the game.. than it takes to much time to develop an empire...

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
    I haven't finished any campaigns myself. Mainly because a patch would come out, so I'd start a new campaign to get the full patch experience. I'm pretty well on my way to finishing a campaign with the new patch though - as I say this, I'm sure Patch 6 will come out and I'll have to start over again, hahaha.
    do it like me, don't update when the new one comes out till you finished the campaign

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Haven't finished a campaign since ETW, and even that was once. Just play til theres not much challenge left or I'm bored of the faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazovmm View Post
    do it like me, don't update when the new one comes out till you finished the campaign
    I would have thought of that, but I also want to get around to playing around with the new patch. Particularly as the patches tend to rebalance the game, or change something, so I want to see how the game plays with those changes.

For me, I started one as Sparta. But five minutes into it my computer shutdown and fried the motherboard. So I haven't gotten to play it at all

quick question thought and its off topic... Are there any emerging factions? I've looked for an answer but haven't found one...

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I have only ever finished two campaigns on any Total War games and that was the Oda on Shogun 2 and Italy on Medieval 1.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Anzy View Post
    quick question thought and its off topic... Are there any emerging factions? I've looked for an answer but haven't found one...
    I don´t think so. Factions that have been conquered can respawn if their rebels take a settlement that used to belong to that faction. But no faction that is not present at start can emerge later AFAIK:

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

In 253 hours of gamelay I have finished all of one campaign as Parthia.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

Two, Rome and Parthia, I started one with Suebi, is a cool faction but now i'm bored.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast