Thread: Candelarius' Mod - Can't get started!

Default Candelarius' Mod - Can't get started!

Dying to play this - and I think I installed right (Galatia and Britain are faction choices when I start up, new units are there for custom battle, so the mod is "in" as it were)- but here's my problem:

1) After choosing faction/difficulty level and clicking to proceed to game, I just get sent back to the Single Player menu
    2) If I quit the game, once I'm back to desktop I get a windows message telling me there was a problem in a string (and provides file and line reference), due to be being unable to locate Selucia_Peirieia (OK, so this is the wrong spelling - typing this at work and don't have the wording in front of me).

Have I done something wrong? I installed RTW, BI, patched to 1.6, installed RTRPE 1.4, patched to 1.7, modified the target path for the shortcut on desktop, then copied across the mod to the RTW folder within my The Creative Assembly folder, and deleted map.rwm where I found it.

If anyone can help I would be slobberingly grateful.

Default Re: Candelarius' Mod - Can't get started!

I had the same problem...
    The return to the campaign menu is a common bug which seems to be related to the descr_strat.txt (read it somewhere on this forum)

I solved my problem by totally erasing RTW, installing RTW Gold edition and then RTRPE 1.6>1.7b, followed by installing Candels gem.
    You probably didn't get rid of some file before installing the mod, which now causes trouble for ya.
    Try erasing every trace of RTW and any mods from your system before reinstalling...
    Horum Omnium Fortissimi Sunt Belgae

Quote Originally Posted by kirroyale
    2) If I quit the game, once I'm back to desktop I get a windows message telling me there was a problem in a string (and provides file and line reference), due to be being unable to locate Selucia_Peirieia (OK, so this is the wrong spelling - typing this at work and don't have the wording in front of me).
    I think that part has to do with RTRPE v1.7 beta. This is from the RTRPe V1.7 change log:
    * Corrected the game engine settlement name from "Seleuceia Pieria" to "Seleuceia_Pieria".
    Make sure you placed the patch in the right place.

I got a similar problem but when i click New Campaign it just says 'please select an item from the list'!? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks to ARCHER29 for the amazing banners!! (I need to work out how to make it actually show the slideshow)

EB vs RTR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LegionairosMatt
    I got a similar problem but when i click New Campaign it just says 'please select an item from the list'!? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    That usually means you forgot to install something, but I can`t remember what exactly. I think it was because you didn`t install the RTW v1.3 patch before installing RTW v1.5 patch. Maybe.
    See this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...9&postcount=12
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...13&postcount=4
    Last edited by florin80; September 22, 2006 at 12:09 PM.

Both people are probably having the same problem, they need to delete their "map.rwm" files. I bet neither of you installed the v1.7 beta patch into your RTRPE folder and/or allowed the installer's batch file to run so that it automatically deleted any "map.rwm" files. If this file is not deleted from your RTRPE than the some of the map changes for fixes will not be used. They require a new "map.rwm" file to be generated by the game engine. Deleting any "map.rwm" files will not hurt anything and will simply require the game engine to automatically generate a new "map.rwm" file that uses the new v1.7 files and the fixes in them.
    Marcus Camillus

deleted map.rwm in Base and Campaign/Imperial Campaign now when i try to run i get to the New Campaign, choose a faction (any faction) then it goes back to the list of:

New Campaign
    Historic Battle
    Custom Battle

and when i exit Show_Err: tells me:

I checked Base/Descr Regions.txt and it says:

Last edited by LegionairosMatt; September 23, 2006 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks to ARCHER29 for the amazing banners!! (I need to work out how to make it actually show the slideshow)

EB vs RTR!!!