Thread: making it to use the -mod: feature

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Default making it to use the -mod: feature

if you guys dont mind do you think i can try to have this mod use the -mod: feature then i can send you the files i changed to see if its fool proof?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Default Re: making it to use the -mod: feature

Nice proposition, thanks. At least it would be good to have a look at it, to haver slighly better installation for the next big updates

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Count Flip
    if you guys dont mind do you think i can try to have this mod use the -mod: feature then i can send you the files i changed to see if its fool proof?
    Very nice idea, Flip I was up to ask the same ... as i think, i will only install mods with the -mod feature in the future.

Agraes btw., you know, that Stuie is a master of the -mod function feature modding?
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 22, 2006 at 08:56 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Stuie is a master modder

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

ok ill try to start work in on it in a few days... hopefully i can get i working in about a week if i start 2 days from now

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Take your time. As most people actually got an "overwritten" install, -mod feature would probably be used more for the next updates. But we can of course propose different installations for the same version

It would be really great. Each overwriting installation of RTW alone requires over one GB of harddrive space, and BI doubled that.
    But does the mod_switch work with BI as well as with RTW? The discussion at the .org indicates there are difficulties with that.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities