View Poll Results: Should I add Warhorses as a campaign map resource node ?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

25 80.65%
  • No!

6 19.35%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Meaningful Resources

Default Re: Meaningful Resources

It was pretty easy. This may be condescending but i was tired of reading those posts where people just get angry there is no copper. Especially when a few posts previous there was an explanation for this. Conflicting startpos.
    The startpos changes i made to afp can pretty much be applied to any startpos. mods that have differing startpos - more so than just a simple turns per year change - will conflict.

I has a question. I posted in the Radious main thread and i know you work on DEI. Ive been watching that mod but i'm not ready to try it. I have both radious and this mod and i know they aren't compatible. I doubt you even like the radious changes but i was wondering if yall have ever thought of collaborating to make a version thats compatible? I could probably do it myself but I really don't know what all the DB files actually do.

Is there an explanation of every DB table somewhere? I mean how did you even figure this stuff out? It's freaking awesome. I've done a little modding to the iberians - but really small stuff. Thinking of releasing it actually as it is my own content and not based on anyone else's work.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinoinsomniac View Post
    It was pretty easy. This may be condescending but i was tired of reading those posts where people just get angry there is no copper. Especially when a few posts previous there was an explanation for this. Conflicting startpos.
    The startpos changes i made to afp can pretty much be applied to any startpos. mods that have differing startpos - more so than just a simple turns per year change - will conflict.

I has a question. I posted in the Radious main thread and i know you work on DEI. Ive been watching that mod but i'm not ready to try it. I have both radious and this mod and i know they aren't compatible. I doubt you even like the radious changes but i was wondering if yall have ever thought of collaborating to make a version thats compatible? I could probably do it myself but I really don't know what all the DB files actually do.

Is there an explanation of every DB table somewhere? I mean how did you even figure this stuff out? It's freaking awesome. I've done a little modding to the iberians - but really small stuff. Thinking of releasing it actually as it is my own content and not based on anyone else's work.

As far as figuring out what certain values do etc. Just constant changing and reloading of games etc. Just process of elimination really. As far as Radious goes, I personally do not enjoy his mod. I'll keep my reasons to myself though. So therefore, you can understand since I don't want to play with his mod, the lack of motivation on my part to make it compatible. I'm already pretty busy as is in RL, not to mention my gaming habit.

If you are the type of person who likes to figure things out, just download winmerge and export database files from mods to tsv format. Load them up and compare and merge etc etc. I'm sure any intelligent person with their mind set on it can figure it out. Then you can make a mosh of all your favorite mods to play together. Of course don't upload it anywhere, but other than that... its free reign. Just keep it to yourself.

I mean on my personal campaigns I use TONS of texture/skin replacements. Lots of them that conflict with each other. I just went in and formatted it all to my liking, including colors, and then made sure it all played well together.

This is pretty helpful information. Thank you.

I honestly spend more time thinking of ways to improve this game than i do playing.
    Some things that i want to change, i can't. oh well.

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Xil0 View Post
    Great job man. Thanks for the explanation for others. I was going to get around to it eventually, but I'm glad someone did it for me. Thanks. And yes, it is slave​, not slaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoinsomniac View Post
    Made the changes to AFP's startpos. It's very simple really to add the tags in as long as you make sure you have no typos. I did it with PFM because i can't figure out how to make the startpos editor work.

i hope this isn't violating some rule somewhere. if it is - i suppose i will be banned or warned.
    instructions to edit all faction playable startpos to make compatible with this wonderful mod.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• get all factions playable - appropriate version to your faction trait and tpy tastes.
    • open with PFM.
    • campaigns -> main_rome -> startpos.esf on right should be more expandable menus
    • campaign_startpos -> compressed_data -> campaign_env -> campaign_model -> world -> region_manager -> regions_array
    • now find appropriate region # corresponding to the numbers Xilo used and posted in OP
    • open region - for example - regions_array-33 -> region_slot_manager -> region_slot_array -> region_slot_array-0 -> region_slot -> building_manager -> building
    • on far right should be data values - the one that says rom_barbarian_city_minor_township_1 needs to be changed to rom_BARBARIAN_city_minor_horse_1
    • make sure to press enter after entering values - I've had issues where i didn't and it didnt register the change.
    • do this for all regions listed - just change the resource tag to appropriate resource
    • grain, iron, copper, horse, slaves, fish ( or is it slave) - and lead is actually silver - not lead. use silver tag for lead.
    • once you are done save your work but make sure to rename it so you don't overwrite the original in case you ever need to revert.
    • don't steal and claim its your work either.
    • make sure to load AFP modified version before Xilo's mod. Like above it in the load order on mitch's mod manager.

it's really annoying how many people i see post on the steam comments of this wonderful mod - that they cant find copper. when they eventually figure out the issue they just ask XiLo to change it for them.
    now keep in mind that after making these simple changes to AFP to make it compatible - Overhaul mods will probably not be compatible with this mod if they change buildings. There are a few DB tables XiLo used the same name as in data_rome2.pack
    This i believe, overwrites rome 2's default data since it uses the same name. Which i think is necessary with his mod.

Sorry if i stepped on any toes with this post. Hope this solves some problems for people wanting to make AFP compatible but dont know how.

Thanks again for the awesome mod and your service.

Mod away, tho I got around to releasing a pack with the MR startpos.esf resouce building updated.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    Mod away, tho I got around to releasing a pack with the MR startpos.esf resouce building updated.
    Yay!

Where can i find the numbers to apply
    rhinoinsomniac's change?

Disregard the last post please, i meant to say where can i find the numbers to apply rhinoinsomniac's change?

the numbers? i'm confused. If you're trying to change izanagi's AFP tho - he made the changes and then posted them on his mod thread in either the OP or one of the latest posts. If you're just trying to make changes to the startpos yourself it's rather simple. I'm confused by what you mean about numbers.

I'm sorry to announce that this awesome mod won't be translated by the UPC-ROM team.

sangnom: Unfortunately not all mods can be included into the UPC-ROM if they change "vanilla texts".

Examples:
    Overhaul mod A changes vanilla faction names or descriptions
    Gameplay mod B changes vanilla building names or descriptions
    Unit mod C changes vanilla unit names or descriptions

If the UPC would contain these changed vanilla entries, then all UPC users would be forced to see these new changes of mod A, B and C, even if they don't use mod A, B or C.

By the numbers i mean like the regions numbers, so i know what to change when i got to PFM and alter the minor towns to things like the minor city horse, so i can know what number numantia per say is to go in and edit it to have copper.

impressive! ++rep

Quote Originally Posted by polk408 View Post
    By the numbers i mean like the regions numbers, so i know what to change when i got to PFM and alter the minor towns to things like the minor city horse, so i can know what number numantia per say is to go in and edit it to have copper.
    XiLo posted the numbers in his OP in a spoiler - but here are the region numbers for altering in the startpos

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -2 tpy

-Lilybaeum Region# 67 Added Iron rom_magna_graecia_lilybaion rom_carthage

-Cenabum Region# 150 Added Lead rom_celtica_lutetia rom_carnutes

-Aktau Region# 26 Added Grain rom_scythia_usturt rom_massagetae

-Segestica Region# 79 Added Timber rom_pannonia_pannonia_superior rom_breuci

-Gazaca Region# 137 Added Lead rom_media_magna_atropatene rom_media_atropatene

-Mons Regius Region# 163 Added Fish rom_sarmatia_aestia rom_aestii

-Alabu Region# 4 Added Fish rom_suebia_cimbria rom_cimbri

-Flevum Region# 70 Added Copper rom_magna_germania_frisia rom_frisii

-Iska Region# 34 Added Fish rom_britannia_dumnonia rom_dumnonii

-Brigantium Region# 32 Added Fish rom_tarraconensis_callaecia rom_galleaci

-Numantia Region# 87 Added Copper rom_cartaginensis_celtiberia rom_arevaci

-Epidamnos Region# 119 Added Copper rom_illyria_illyria rom_ardiaei

-Thapsus Region# 128 Added Fish rom_africa_byzacium rom_libya

-Tanais Region# 78 Added Copper rom_bosporus_maeotia rom_cimmeria

-Phrada Region# 45 Added Copper rom_aria_drangiana rom_sagartia

-Charmuthas Region# 144 Added Fish rom_nabataea_havilah rom_nabatea

-Hierapythna Region# 125 Added Fish rom_hellas_creta rom_knossos

-Trapezos Region# 122 Added Fish rom_bithynia_et_pontus_riza rom_trapezos

-Ariminum Region# 165 Added Salt rom_italia_picenum rom_etruscan

-Myos Hormos Region# 129 Added Salt rom_aegyptos_ta_abt rom_ptolemaics

-Lemonum Region# 33 Added Warhorse rom_aquitania_pictavis rom_pictones

-Amul Region# 57 Added Warhorse rom_chorasmia_transcaspia rom_dahae

-Odessos Region# 53 Added Slaves rom_thracia_moesia rom_odryssia

-Gor Region# 44 Added Slaves rom_persis_Ilyan rom_persia

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

How to acquire livestock?

Don't preorder games!

@Kambe for now. Cattle Farms level 4. (Which Im not fond of.) Im not a fan of resources wherever you want without restriction. I'm thinking of other options atm. Still running tests on this current version of the mod etc. Making sure everything is playing as I imagined it and making adjustments where its not.

Main thing I dont like is that region capitals are much more limited, therefore the AI doesn't have many chances to pass forward the supply chain on salt, horse, slaves. I'm actually thinking of adding another build chain to give them more options of reproduction. Although just adding building chains is not the answer. It takes tons of AI tests to make sure they are doing the right thing, then if they are not, I have to adjust building priority levels etc etc.

could you add 1 tpy version of this useful mod? and of course, thx for your great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Navras81 View Post
    could you add 1 tpy version of this useful mod? and of course, thx for your great job!

Making the mod 1tpy would be quite easy for you to do yourself. Just edit the Campaign Calendar entry in your StartPos. Follow instructions posted earlier in this thread.

On another note:

V2.4 12/10/13 Updated
    Further tweaking to AI use of supply train feature. New Warhorse agricultural building chain added for all factions. This mainly added to help progress the Warhorse resource supply line. AI makes good use of it. It works like the other lines, it requires you have the resource Warhorse, and then upon construction it produces '1' unit of warhorse. Not enough for profit, but enough to progress the chain throughout the world. I'm monitoring salt/grain/slaves. Will probably end up creating new trading ports for these eventually. (will operate in same way)

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Hey Xil0, great mod you've got here, thought Id let you know I plan on adding it to Magnar Mod when patch 8.1 is released. (with credits given of course)

Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    Hey Xil0, great mod you've got here, thought Id let you know I plan on adding it to Magnar Mod when patch 8.1 is released. (with credits given of course)

Keep up the good work
    said it when it was first started, still think so now, best mini-mod (not so mini now) out there

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

tbh, ive been keeping my eye on it since it started, waiting till it was at a stage that i could add it