Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.5 (Patch 17)

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.4 (patch 7 beta, Meaningful Resources, AGA version)

There isn't much I can do about compatibility with some other mods, since AGA and Hegemonia change so much.

Hegemonia + AGA is indeed both mods together, so you only need to use that if you want both mods (doesn't include AGA textures).

I am not going to make any specific changes to the AGA portion of the mod, as that is not my intention to alter their work. I simply wanted a combo mod for those using both mods.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Leonnidas's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.4 (patch 7 beta, Meaningful Resources, AGA version)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    There isn't much I can do about compatibility with some other mods, since AGA and Hegemonia change so much.

Hegemonia + AGA is indeed both mods together, so you only need to use that if you want both mods (doesn't include AGA textures).

I am not going to make any specific changes to the AGA portion of the mod, as that is not my intention to alter their work. I simply wanted a combo mod for those using both mods.
    So now we have Hegemonia Large Empires + Meaningful Resources + AGA?!
    Looks great the only problem for me I think it will conflict with Tonns AIO mod

Hey Dres. Gave it a shot, LOVED it. Now AGA is merging/becoming/having a sub mod 'Divide Et Impera' (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...post13412607)- I am assuming that if that becomes the flagship of AGA you will continue to make your mod compatible?

Again, your mod is great!

in my recent games I have been noticing that Carthage is very passive but Rome is unusually aggressive.
    they declare war on almost all of their neighbors but the funny thing is they never actually expand... they just sit there or go back and forth until they are overwhelmed.
    I think you should give Rome the province to the north as well Dresden, if you do, that should allow rome to freely attack the Illyrians without being bothered by the celtic tribes.
    I would suggest you give very negative diplomatic relations between rome and Illyrian tribes but give vrey friendly relations to the Celts to the north in the alps.

@Aethyr I am actually going to be working with the AGA team going forward on DeI, hopefully we will all come together to make a historical, realistic overhaul mod.

@Toho I will look into that, it is tempting. I think it may be the only way to get Rome to expand north.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

@Aethyr I am actually going to be working with the AGA team going forward on DeI, hopefully we will all come together to make a historical, realistic overhaul mod.
    Really good news...

@Toho I will look into that, it is tempting. I think it may be the only way to get Rome to expand north.
    you might as well return Turdetani (or wtv they are called) to a at war state with carthage or give their territory to Carthage.
    with this Carthage pretty much as all the territories carthage had at the height of its power of course minus the two regions connected to Quart Hadasht but that gives the player to do something.

I dont mind Carthage being passive because if Rome did not mess with them they would just continue to trade and make money.
    I actually enjoy have those behemoths sitting there and staying strong but then I look at rome and sure they are aggressive but they almost never use their large armies to actually conquer anywhere.
    Last edited by Toho; November 21, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

dude, thought this might interest you

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post13425016

- love the mod, using the latest version, heavily modified for my own tastes, but still you get the idea - the AI is expanding! Thank you!

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.5 (a few minor factions playable)

11/29/2013
    - Added some factions as playable: Aedui, Armenia, Boii, Cantabri, Cherusci, Delmatae, Galatia, Garamantia, Getae, Insubres, Massilia, Pergamon, Rhodos, Syracuse, Turdetani
    Thanks Izanagi for letting me use his work!

Also uploaded a version without Meaningful Resources for those that prefer it.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 29, 2013 at 08:52 PM.

Do you mind adding media atropane Or with in too?

Sure, I can add some more factions in the next update.

Edit: Also going to add new Meaningful Resources version in next update. Will require a new campaign.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 30, 2013 at 08:17 PM.

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Hey Dresden, I love your work and tis mod is definitely in my top-5 list! Someone asked before about my Syracuse Expanded mod and getting it working with this mod, I just wanted to say that you're welcome to use anything from my .pack file. I could send you a list of the startpos changes too, I basically only edited the unlocking of the faction, the starting army, the starting General's name and the difficulty heading so it's not too much work. If you'd rather I do the merging for you that's fine too

@Rewinged Hey, yeah sounds good. We can work something out to do a combined version for your users. I am about to update this mod with Meaningful Resources 2, which is a startpos update. I will let you know when that is done and we can work on getting a combined version option.

Update 2.5.1:
    - It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to start a NEW CAMPAIGN. Older saves will work but there will be issues with buildings/resources.
    - Media Atropene now a playable faction.
    - Various changes to improve mod compatibility.
    - Updated to Meaningful Resources version 2:
    - Fixed Copper nodes to be their own resource.
    - Added Warhorses, Salt and Slaves as resources. These are very limited in location. However, once acquired by ownership or import (trade), the player can build new Supply Chain buildings.
    - These Supply Chain buildings (forum, yellow slot capital) produce enough of the resource to then trade. In this way, supply chains can be created across the map (i.e. The Salt Road of Italy, etc.)
    - Many buildings, equipment, and training have been gated via resources. The design intent is to gate off units or excessive income. This was also implemented in a way to NOT hinder the AI.

Default Re: Hēgemonía: Large Empires Mod v2.5 (new MR version, minor factions)

in my campaign as Rome, Carthage seems to always get beaten down by either Syracuse or Garmantia(spelling?). Which kind of takes away the sense of scale this mod adds

Carthage gets ripped apart in almost every game and mod I have tried. In this mod, I made it so they are friendlier with their neighboring factions (other than Syracuse and Rome).

Sadly there isn't much I can do to make the AI smarter when it gets larger. They just didn't do a very good job in the base game of having the AI manage large territories and multiple war fronts. It also doesn't help that the large factions have similar army caps to the smaller ones. However, to change that affects all factions. I may look into having the first imperium level be 1 army.
    Last edited by Dresden; December 01, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Fixed bug with Eastern horse resource. Let me know if you guys find any others.

12/2 Update
    - Changed imperium levels so that small AI factions can only field 2 armies. The intention is to keep the larger factions from being mobbed by multiple 1 region factions.

Dresden, I think I asked this before so my bad to repeat the question but how difficult is it to re-introduce a faction you've removed from the map? I'd like to have the expanded Seleucids but to give back some of their easternmost satrapies. Is it something a novice at the ESF like myself could do?

If you are asking about making your own version, what I do is use an esf to xml converter. I start a game, confederate what factions I want under that faction, then export the save. The general outline of how to do it can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13325878

Basically, you setup the factions to be the same subculture with a factions table mod and give them the ability to confederate with that mod. If you are confederating factions that aren't normally the same culture, you will have to go in and manually change all the buildings cultures.

If you are asking about taking Hegemonia's startpos and adding back factions, that would be much more problematic and complicated. In that same post you will find how to do manual region trading. However, I have found that it is more buggy and problematic than the confederation method.

I would be happy to help however I can, I am currently in a lot of projects right now and sort of spread myself too thin LOL. But, if you have any questions PM me or find me on steam.