Thread: Melee attack speed?

Default Melee attack speed?

Hi, is there a way to mod a unit (or all units) attack speed? As in rate of attack or delay between attacks?

Laetus

Default Re: Melee attack speed?

i think it's can't. thats i know, attack speed is include animation file. so you can't touch them except you make your own animation. if you want to reduce attack speed, just uses slow motion in battle map . CMIIW

regard.

Hi 4ndik4w, thanks for your reply. I understand your answer, but I don't actually mean the animation speed of the attack. I mean the fact that when units are engaging in combat, they kind of wait a few seconds before they attack again. It looks kinda dumb and unrealistic. I would expect them to slash and rack crazy at least until they start to get tired.

Laetus

u mean if troops while engaging combat they will do slash, block, slash, evade, slash, block, evade, slash, slash, evade without gap until they get tired?
    if that u want. so i dont know. but one think, i agreed with you idea. that looks god like war maybe someone know how to make unit war like that. anyone want to help to make this mod idea become true??

hahahahaha I like the way you put it, you definitely turn my original question into a audacious "ultimate combat overhaul" request, but for now, reducing the delay between attack would already achieve a tremendous improve in the way combat looks. It used to be a variable in Medieval 2. Perhaps now it's hard coded as I can't find any reference to it in the db files. I personally doubts it is modifiable as that would add a new dimension to unit "power" rating making it harder to balance.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

you'll probably have to edit the animation files

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

NOPE

you'd think so, Magnar, I was bummed and not touching this and instead going Melee % Chance...

check this out y'all:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nd-Other-Stats

I've tested this briefly before implementing in my Waewulf Battle Mod and it seems to def. work... cool workaround the animations too

[EDIT]

OH WAIT... I just realized you were asking about 'engagement' rather than pure melee speed overall?

Hi Blitz, thanks for that! But I don't think that has any affect on the attack speed. Did you try it? I suspect the "melee_attack" modified is not attack accuracy or chance to hit, while the speed is for unit's speed. But please let me know if I am wrong! That would be exciting changes if I am mistaken.

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

you're right that its not directly related to speed but ive tested it pretty extensively and Melee Attack rating affects counter-attack speed if not attack speed as well... if you doubt me, try my Uberschnell mod (without my battlemod since i raise def for epic battles)...

that is to say, using the fatigue table to modify melee_attack as i have... yes speed was never in any doubt a factor relating to movement

very interesting. what are you saying then? will a higher melee attack rating make the combat more intense?

This is 100% what i need to know,

I wish to speed up the time spent inbetween killing. The characters just stare at eachother and readjust too often.

The thread linked above seems to help slow down attack animations? how are guys applying that here? Any1 else found any other work arounds? Speeding up all the attack animations in 3ds max wouldnt solve this problem, its the idle animations of standing around.. MAYBE U CAN SPEED THOSE UP?