Thread: Looking for a picture of the Campaign Map for RTRPE 1.6

belson's Avatar Civis

Default Looking for a picture of the Campaign Map for RTRPE 1.6

Forgive me if I just didn't look hard enough, but does anyone know where I can find a copy of the campaign map with the all the cities on it? I was thinking something just like the one that came in the R:TW box.
    It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war. -John F. Kennedy

Default Re: Campaign Map for RTRPE 1.6

A picture of the map you mean?
    You can play the game with toggle_fow and see all the map. Or see this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome_Total_Realism
    There`s a political map on the right side of the text, but it`s for RTR 5.3 and I think there are differences.

belson's Avatar Civis

Yeah thats exactly what I mean. It would be great if I could find a picture like that for the current Platinum version. Can anyone help?

I considered taking off the FOW, but its kinda cheating isn't it? I'd rather let the AI have that advantage. Because as much as it sucks to be suprised by the enemy, it also makes the game more interesting.

Actually, that makes me wonder if the AI has FOW on or not. Maybe that should be in another thread.
    It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war. -John F. Kennedy

Back before the RTR Forums went offline, they released a political map for RTR Gold with cities listed on it. RTR platinum uses the same campaign map, so its useable for it too. It was available via the RTR Forums, but since their basically offline for a little while longer and I have a copy of it on my website, here is a link for you to download it. Its in a zip file called "RTR_6_Gold_Political_Map.zip" and contains the campaign map along with a second file that has the map index for the campaign map.

Hope this is what you are looking for. Glad to help if I can.
    Marcus Camillus

belson's Avatar Civis

That is perfect; thank you so much!

I'm on to conquer the world . . .

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Hmmm, doesn't the current version of RTRE also have a couple of landblocks in place in North Africa and Central Asia, too? They keep the Carthaginians and Ptolemies from fighting, and force the Bactrians to expand to the south instead of conquering Siberia like they usually do otherwise.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Heck! I saw this title and thought somebody just released a new campaign map for RTR PE.

me too!

Oh well

Belson's request has been answered, this thread should be closed!

Thanks to ARCHER29 for the amazing banners!! (I need to work out how to make it actually show the slideshow)

EB vs RTR!!!

Good point. I`m gonna change the title and then close it.