Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

The temple that gives increase to trade is the temple of Mercury. Minerva gives law.

The reason why temples (and almost all the buildings in fact) reduce your income, is because of the idea that you have to pay maintenance every turn for them.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Damn plebs, giving money to Ceres and Mercury while telling the other gods to piss off.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

I don't know if anyone has notice this but in all of my campaigns the AI develops their cities WAY to fast I mean the campaign stars in 536 AUC and by 618 AUC many of the settlements of the map are Large Cities or Huge Cities. I think its way to fast. I can understand it in Major cities like "Antioch, Alexandria, Carthage, Roma, Pella, Athens etc etc" but many of them. I want to know if this happens to everyone ?

Yeah population growth is fairly high. I don't mind though - have you ever played TA:TW? What a slow campaign! Villages take about 80 turns on low taxes to grow.

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    Yeah population growth is fairly high. I don't mind though - have you ever played TA:TW? What a slow campaign! Villages take about 80 turns on low taxes to grow.
    You mean 40 years? I prefer a nice slow proportional growth rather than Super Legions by turn 90.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by SD_Man View Post
    You mean 40 years? I prefer a nice slow proportional growth rather than Super Legions by turn 90.
    Everyone has their preference, I find RS2 to be just fine(maybe a little reduction would be good). It makes for some tough fights throughout the whole game, on my Roman campaign im not getting bored at all as the AI always finds something new to throw at me every other turn. If you get tired of stack spam just go in and destory all their buildings and leave and watch them recover.

In TATW I find it to be a little too slow for my taste, you pretty much get half of the map conqured while your waiting on your capital to become a city, or on some occasions a large town. It depends on which faction you play.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

On turn 90 of TA now, I have villages for over 50 turns at low taxes and they've recently reached the 1,000 mark, yay!

Just another 500 to go!

As for RS, I have thought that barbarian settlements grow a little too fast for me to keep up with my buildings. They seem to balance out later on though, in my experience at least.

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    That's exactly my problem I am use to TA:TW population growth and RSII seems too fast for me but I love the mod thou. Maybe a little reduction would be nice.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The one redeeming thought about population growth....or something to think about anyway, is the fact that each region has this one city that is its core settlement. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that regions spanning hundreds of miles in all directions could have one large city, whilst the rest are just villages and towns. Too bad that can't be represented better with 'actual' villages and towns. But anyway, lack of population tends to effectively kill the CAI when they strip their cities of people, so it's kind of a necessary evil.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quick question - do the barbarian factions (in general and celtic in particular) have the opportunity to get gold armor and/or weapons? "Civilised" factions need Pantheon of the chief deity and the highest level of the smith deity, IIRC.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

No, only Silver Armor/Weapons. I think Gold Weapons would make them much stronger and Barbarians generally have high attacks.

It is always possible for the Barbarians to capture a relevant Pantheon - and this does happen. Fairly reasonable in the scheme of things.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

mennelik's Avatar Civis

hi I did read somewhere that a team is starting a RRS for RTW2, and because I want to follow up the progress closely so could you kindly tell which thread I need to follow?

I've been busy playing some Paradox games and doing other stuff for about a year and a half. Now when I've come here to check up on the progress of RSII 2.7, I think is what everyone was waiting for at that time, I found out that you're still going strong although some, gamers new to CA perhaps, don't care for Rome and are playing Rome 2 instead. Is this continuation of RSII you're discussing here going to be v. 2.7 of this mod or are you maybe thinking 3.0?

you should be making the katoikoi and klerouchoi for prolemaics and seleucids like they were shown in the preview. The current helemt they are wearing its not the same as in the previews and its not a very nice either

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

ive being reading around and maybe found some good ideas for in rs2.....

maybe add the batavi rebellion of julius civilis and some sort of rebellion in africa for a more challenging late game.

i like to see some changes to the roman auxillary units to:
    like cohors I batavorum C.R. changed to cohors II tungrorum milliaria equitata C.L.
    and change the pretorian bodyguard to germanic( batavi)bodyguard
    and the AOR units that can be recruited in bagacum other tribe names.nervi is good around there but
    change the cherusci units to eburon,condrusi or segni units, they where decimated by caesar in gaul and the tungri
    ( that wheir gemani allowed to populate the lands they other 3 previously inhabated)

on the city's
    maybe change bagacum to batavodurum(oppidum batavorum in roman times) that lay on a strategic location on the lower rhine where the river splits to rhine and waal river.it lay between both rivers, so hard to take.
    or to atautuca(tungrorum in roman times) whitch lay on the firtile lands near the meus river and became a roman walled garrison city( with walls longer than colonia agrippa) on the via belgica that ran from colonia agrippa(koln) to gesoriacum(boulogne)

Last edited by tungri_centurio; January 07, 2014 at 04:55 PM.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

The changing of Bagacum I support.

no late game small rebellions?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    and change the pretorian bodyguard to germanic( batavi)bodyguard
    The praetorian guard shouldn't be changed to germanic. The germanic guard was a different unit to the praetorians and was much smaller, about a thousand men. They were set up under an alliance with the batavi as caesar's bodyguard in the gallic wars. They only served the emperors of caesar's line up until Nero's death. The praetorians were organised by augustus and were generally recruited from the best within the army but the Prefects were usually Italian, eg. Sejanus, Macro, Nymphidius are only some i can think of.

The praetorians were present right throughout the Roman Empire and played a much more vital role so I don't think they should be changed.

You right about that agrippa19. Maybe ad them as ala batavorum then?