Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

Default Re: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

1. EB mod had a great idea for discouraging prolonged city sieges. Fe. two or three turns in, your general would obtain a trait - a morale penalty. And it would only get worse from that point onward. As for RSII, f.e. when you lay a siege to a remote maritime city, you should also have to ensure the participation of your fleet, as a means of balancing your army's supply needs, and also blocking enemy supply. If you don't, you should have an army which is not willing to fight. Can something like this be done?

2. I really don't like the fact that AI is able to recruit fresh army with +4 experience. I know it is intended to produce a more challenging gameplay, but it just isn't realistic at all, and devaluates the whole experience concept. On the other hand, it is pretty realistic to be able to recruit an army with much higher morale at your homeland towns, than in conquered ones.

3. Slave Trader idea has a great potential. Can it somehow be linked to a process of changing structure of a town's populace, which should at the end result in conversion of Cultural and Economic building. Maybe it can be triggered when a town revolts, or offered as a choice at some point.

4. Maybe some sort of partial recruitment during sieges should be enabled, at least for the non-elite skirmishers... It doesn't make sense that you have a besieged settlement with 10.000 men inside, non of which is able to carry a weapon.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    What did bore you? I only want 4 turns to be able to have my favourite generals for a longer time and watch their progress (or their growing, unholy lust)
    It just does not have that epic feel to it. I can't explain it really, it just doesn't feel the same.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

One other thing occurred to me now, with this new Seleucid fix. This governor of mine acquired a trait "Governor Rebels", which is now visible, and means that he is about to lead a rebellion against my authority. It's great and as realistic as it gets. But, since I already know about it, and can not persuade him to change his mind, I want to thwart his plans. The best way to do this is to simply send an assassin and kill him, which can not be done the way things are now, but maybe this can be changed? Or you can deal with him in some other way.

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by pau View Post
    The best way to do this is to simply send an assassin and kill him, which can not be done the way things are now, but maybe this can be changed?
    I have absolutley no idea how to make mods but currently if you send your own spy into an enemy settlement you can assassinate him. Just don't know if the game could be modded to allow your assassins to assassinate family members and generals also but in the players own settlements.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Can you introduce some tactics which were used by certain factions and certain troops, i mean it would be great if you introduce some specifications to the cultures and factions, to make the game more real, this is the only direction you shall move, i think, cuz the ingame design work is done almost perfect.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post
    Can you introduce some tactics which were used by certain factions and certain troops, i mean it would be great if you introduce some specifications to the cultures and factions, to make the game more real, this is the only direction you shall move, i think, cuz the ingame design work is done almost perfect.
    Can you explain a bit what you mean? I have an 'idea' what you mean, but specifics would be nice.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, when I play some campaign I wish it to be very close to real life, I want to feel that I am creating the true history. Of course all the factions are resolving their optimization problems given buy you, but i would like to see their behavior ass historical as it is possible, in battle tactics, their external policy, and their preferences in their optimization problems. (Romans what to conquer Carthage first and Carthage want to take control on Romans cuz they are the only big opponents in the Mideterenian) So computer may not see that rivality and may expand in other direction, but if the conditions are given correctly, the behavior of factions will be really close to real life. I hope you get it, my English isn't perfect
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Patrician

Ok, I understand.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Whilst I quite understand Vardan's desire, I would note that this would lead to each campaign being rather constrained to a single path. Given some of the limitations of a 'game simulation', I would much rather that there is a chance that, whilst a repeat of history could occur, it is only one possibility amongst many and that each campaign is different to a great degree. In short - re-playability.

It is indeed a limitation of RTW1 in general and the faction-limit that means that many aspects of 'historical' Roman expansion (the early Greek, Egyptian and Near East acquisitions) are mostly non-viable - and this is one area where the mechanics of Rome2 are possibly 'better'.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    ... and this is one area where the mechanics of Rome2 are possibly 'better'.
    Heh, this joke just made my day.

would it be possible to change roman rebel banner color, to blue or something. cuz it's a bit annoying now when all units in the battlefield are with the same color banners. u need to select your troops to see them. and will the hoplites be fixed? i played only with spartas hoplites and they dont line up properly, u cant form a straight line of troops. cartage early spearmen same, and some chimbri warriors i think, cant remember

Patrician

I am going to 'try' and fix the hoplite issues. Not sure what you mean about rebel banners though.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

etc in batlefield roman banners are red, cartage white, roman rebels have the same as romans. so when they fight it's hard to separate them apart from yours cuz they both have same troops. in campaing map rebels are blue, so maybe it's possible to make their banners - flags blue in battlefield aswell

Tiro

True, the rebel battle minimap and battle banner colors are too similar to some faction's colors. Same thing could be said about the Spartan and Greek colors. It can be confusing sometimes.

Hi dvk thank you for making roma surrectum for us , it`s a briliant mod.

1. 40 unit armies please . I think someone made it for medieval 2 already, I just tought 40 unit give more importance to armies.In rome if you lose an army it can be easily replaced.With more units in battle not just the battles would more epic but armies would gane some personality and a certain atachment to them.

2.Unit replendishment.I realy dislice taking my units across europe just to retrain them,it`s just more babysitting.Mercenaries can be retrained second turn after you take a settlement I wish if you can implement a system to retrain units but no 9 units in a turn but 3-4.

3.Army traits.Just like Rome 2 army skill feature, i hope that you can implement a trait somehow to apply for armies, for example ,If your army fights barbarians , it would get a + morale or something against barbarian tribes or siege bonuses ecc.

4.When you win battles, script an event where you get a bit extra coin from sold slaves or armor.

5.Make cities more dark.The more turns you siege the more smocking and ruined it would look.I dont know if its possible.

6.Reduce the acuracy and damage of siege units and add more ammo.For a more cinematic siege.

I don't know if this was suggested before, but can it be possible that Sparta also could have a "rebellion"? I have to say that it gets a bit too easy when you're playing Sparta and you have gathered a lot of power there are few factions that can be a great threat for them. I have played nearly one year, hours over hours as Sparta even on hard. I would like the idea of uprising Helot Rebellions, to simulate the struggle Sparta had with other people/races that aren't Lacedaemonius. These Helot armies could consist of local units for example in Greece Helot hoplites and light Greek/Hellenic units. Maybe you could lose some regions because of Helot uprisings, but not so much than in the big rebellion in the Rome campaign. Tell me what you think. Maybe I can gather up new ideas.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bane1 View Post
    I don't know if this was suggested before, but can it be possible that Sparta also could have a "rebellion"? I have to say that it gets a bit too easy when you're playing Sparta and you have gathered a lot of power there are few factions that can be a great threat for them. I have played nearly one year, hours over hours as Sparta even on hard. I would like the idea of uprising Helot Rebellions, to simulate the struggle Sparta had with other people/races that aren't Lacedaemonius. These Helot armies could consist of local units for example in Greece Helot hoplites and light Greek/Hellenic units. Maybe you could lose some regions because of Helot uprisings, but not so much than in the big rebellion in the Rome campaign. Tell me what you think. Maybe I can gather up new ideas.
    Not all that hard to do, actually, since it is already set up for the Seleucids. I could use the Free Greeks faction as the 'shadow' faction, and the non-Spartan characters could be the ones that rebellion at some point. Could be very interesting. On my list...

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

There was a special event in around this time in Sparta, where one of the kings (could of been Cleomenes, or Nabis, I don't remember exactly) enacted social reforms, where the Spartan agoge training and the whole way of Spartan life was removed from practise. The helots were then enlisted into the army and there were some other important reforms as well, which I can't remember of the top of my head. It could be worth looking into, although that would mean a totally different Sparta from the one we have in RSII, which I think was only implemented 'as is' as an 'what if' scenario, not based on purely historical facts.

Patrician

Thanks for that Rex...good info!! Noted.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

DVK there are many reforms in the Hellenic area which can be depicted in RS 2. I'm gonna post some time later what and when if you are interested.