Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    Is IT possible in the future to change the cultural and economic building,to the one of your culture.i find it oddto have a barbaric culture building in a roman large city,maybe link it to the annex,client state or citizenship buildings. Maybe only change when you Grant citizenship to that city?
    Good thought. I've put that on my list.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

nicegot one other,why not put dirt roads Always on the map,so the AI already have roads ,i think dirt roads formed over time, not like stone roads that need maintenence and hard work to build.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

nicegot one other,why not put dirt roads Always on the map,so the AI already have roads ,i think dirt roads formed over time, not like stone roads that need maintenence and hard work to build.
    Agreed. And I think it would be a good idea (though oddly enough, after years of modding RTW I'm not sure if this is possible or not) to also have all nations start out with trade rights with everyone else, as this would save the trouble of microing a diplomat around the map; besides, it's not like the AI ever turns down trade rights in this game.

i dunno about that, in later tw games i dont like it not having a diplomat to get any agreement.the only thing i dont like in rs2 or rtw is if you at war and beat them 100 times they still refuse ceasefire and(luckely there is forced diplomacy for such frustrations but still feels bit like cheating)im not paying them10000 for 2 turns of peace.i have no cleu about its even possible to mod that since im no modder,only enjoying the hard work of them
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

I agree, this logically makes sense. Although the barbarians did not create actual roads, they must have changed their environment enough to pave a way between villages (Environmental Erosion).

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Barbarian dirt roads are called "hidden paths", I feel like they'd be there already. I've said this already but the AI seems to have trouble building roads.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

One thing I would love to see (if possible) is the feature to recruit a whole legion like in Res Gestae. It's very handy and realistic, especially for the Polybian era. They assembled in a provincial capital on the Campus Martius and went to war. Maybeyou could add that feature and the Campus Martius resource like in res Gestae. The Roman Tribune is already recruitable in RS 2, so it might be possible to add it?!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    One thing I would love to see (if possible) is the feature to recruit a whole legion like in Res Gestae. It's very handy and realistic, especially for the Polybian era. They assembled in a provincial capital on the Campus Martius and went to war. Maybeyou could add that feature and the Campus Martius resource like in res Gestae. The Roman Tribune is already recruitable in RS 2, so it might be possible to add it?!
    Tell you what, I also like this feature.

Patrician

I have put the issue of roads on my list, as it seems logical that at least dirt roads would've been in existence. And also, because the AI does, for some unknown reason, decline to build them. As for Legion recruitment as in Res Gestae.....hmmm, it is a much bigger issue in RS2 in terms of the scope of the scripting, with 28 Legions, and scads of places where they could be recruited. I think it would be a bit much.

But keep the ideas and thoughts flowing. I am constantly looking for good ones, and I have been brainstorming about diplomacy for a long time. I want to make it better....at least in terms of how it works in RTW, even if you can't 'see' what's happening. For example, if you make an alliance with a faction, I would like to create some kind of script that forces that alliance to stick for say, ten years or something....or at least five. Likewise, I'd like to find a way to prevent the AI from asking for ceasefires just so they can create troops, or get money and attack you again in the next turn or two. Again, a way to force a ceasefire to stick for while, rather than use it as a delaying tactic. Or, a punishment for breaking one.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Is IT possible in the future to change the cultural and economic building,to the one of your culture.i find it oddto have a barbaric culture building in a roman large city,maybe link it to the annex,client state or citizenship buildings. Maybe only change when you Grant citizenship to that city?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Good thought. I've put that on my list.
    I have to 'intervene' on this issue. Changing cultures from Rome's point of view is something that took time. I don't think it would happen as fast as the city would grow to a large size - indeed being a part of the Empire meant economy in a city would most probably benefit, and that in turn meant more people flocking into it, but that doesn't mean Romanization happened in a generation. It took time, and somewhere - particularly in the East, where the Hellenic culture ruled supreme, Roman culture and Latin weren't widely accepted, or even not at all. We can see proof of that in the Byzantine Empire - the laws, administration and ideas stuck for centuries, while Latin was dropped in favor of Greek by the time of the Emperor Herakleios in the early 7th century.

Thus, my two cents on this: if you really want to change the Cultural building in the cities - for Rome, do it in the West (historically Britain, Gaul, Italy, Spain, Africa and Illyricum), excluding Sicily. I would prefer it if the major changes happened after the Imperial reforms, as I feel that major Romanization took place AFTER Augustus. Then, in the East, the dominant culture should stay Greek/Hellenic.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Basiliscus View Post
    I have to 'intervene' on this issue. Changing cultures from Rome's point of view is something that took time. I don't think it would happen as fast as the city would grow to a large size - indeed being a part of the Empire meant economy in a city would most probably benefit, and that in turn meant more people flocking into it, but that doesn't mean Romanization happened in a generation. It took time, and somewhere - particularly in the East, where the Hellenic culture ruled supreme, Roman culture and Latin weren't widely accepted, or even not at all. We can see proof of that in the Byzantine Empire - the laws, administration and ideas stuck for centuries, while Latin was dropped in favor of Greek by the time of the Emperor Herakleios in the early 7th century.

Thus, my two cents on this: if you really want to change the Cultural building in the cities - for Rome, do it in the West (historically Britain, Gaul, Italy, Spain, Africa and Illyricum), excluding Sicily. I would prefer it if the major changes happened after the Imperial reforms, as I feel that major Romanization took place AFTER Augustus. Then, in the East, the dominant culture should stay Greek/Hellenic.
    Good points.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

I have put the issue of roads on my list, as it seems logical that at least dirt roads would've been in existence. And also, because the AI does, for some unknown reason, decline to build them. As for Legion recruitment as in Res Gestae.....hmmm, it is a much bigger issue in RS2 in terms of the scope of the scripting, with 28 Legions, and scads of places where they could be recruited. I think it would be a bit much.

But keep the ideas and thoughts flowing. I am constantly looking for good ones, and I have been brainstorming about diplomacy for a long time. I want to make it better....at least in terms of how it works in RTW, even if you can't 'see' what's happening. For example, if you make an alliance with a faction, I would like to create some kind of script that forces that alliance to stick for say, ten years or something....or at least five. Likewise, I'd like to find a way to prevent the AI from asking for ceasefires just so they can create troops, or get money and attack you again in the next turn or two. Again, a way to force a ceasefire to stick for while, rather than use it as a delaying tactic. Or, a punishment for breaking one.

Maybe just for the Polybian era?!

Indeed only the barbaric cultures...or after building citizenship and a new augustus temple that you can build after the reforms. The augustus cult was verry popular in the East also.dunno if its possible that way,but that looks a good way to implement it.

Tiro

What about limiting the port sizes in settlements? Some major trade centers would have all tiers of port buildings, while other less historically significant settlements could have only 2-3 tiers.

And if to go even further: such settlements could have specific buitding (not destoyable), which would limit not only port size, but other buildings as well?

P.S. I've just recalled that you're going to make bigger difference between economic and fortified settlements, so to some extend this is going to be done anyway . Though, I think there should be possibility to turn economic settlement into fortified and vice versa.

Also it would be nice to have agents starting age limited to <30 years. They won't become old so quickly. Now it's possible to recruit 38 years old agent with 0 skill. Agents are quite expensive, so money spent on them should be more 'efficient'.
    Last edited by Zydrius; November 08, 2013 at 12:29 PM.

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

Since we're talking about changes, I was wondering why does the Iberian peninsula only has 1 way of access (on land)? I know the Pirinees are blocking most of way in or out, but there's a forest that I don't think should be there west of the mountain range...

I'm guessing that should be removed right ?

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

The forest was put there to prevent the Gallaeci from conquering in that direction as they were inclined to do, as I recall ...

Tiro

Maybe, opening the Pyrenees would dilute the Gallaeci's Napoleonic power, and would slightly spare Carthage from their wrath. (considering that in lots of games Carthage is powerless, and falls under Galleaci power and gets nearly conquered, even without Roman intervention..)

From another thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?627630-AI-has-some-trouble):
    Quote Originally Posted by Archesel View Post
    ...However i noticed that the Gallaeci are generally agressive against their neighbours, Carthage and Arverni. In a Carthaginian campaign i allied myself with Gallaeci, only to see them betray and besiege me several turns later! Is this Iberian agressivity partially responsible for Carthage unefficiency?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    You're right, they do seem awfully expansionist for a small Iberian tribe. :

Has anyone seen them become one of the power houses?
    The Gallaeci have exceptionally good units, and generally a good deal of money. We actually had to tailor the map to contain them somewhat, and Tone really liked them a lot. So there you go. lol
    There you go; they were contained or else they'd devour Gaul really quickly. Can't have any of that.

Tiro

They devour Carthage. Can have of that?

Better just Carthage than the world right?