Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

Default Re: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Here are some pictures of the new port at Rhodes, which will be used as a 'model' for most other ports. First, from a distance, so you can see the whole thing:

Water level from the front:

A view over the top of the market, temples, shrines, etc:

A view of the King's palace on a raised platform....nice view!

Another view from the front showing the harbor and the greatly improved water which I spent considerable time 'refining':

As you can see, this is much more elaborate than the ports I did at first, but a number of artist's concepts of what the Rhodes harbor might have looked like gave me some nice ideas that included some things I could actually use. Besides, when I get to the ports of Carthage and Alexandria.....well, just wait and see what I can do there.
    most excellent work dvk!!!

What I would Like to see is the ability to incorporate factions into yours, (like confederations in Rome 2) where you take their land over and your faction names change, but it would also be intersting if it also meant you could train their units as well as you are all one faction now, like if sparta joined with say pergamon, you can train the agema pikemen of pergamon and as well as the spartan elites. or Rome and macedon, to really make campaigns unique, and to do this you replace become vassle with become satrapy, confederation, or something similar depending on faction, and make it more of a suggestion rather than a penalty, like becoming vassle is seen as a costly demand where confederation could be seen as mutral befit or something. I would also love to see an Athenian campaign
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

What I would Like to see is the ability to incorporate factions into yours, (like confederations in Rome 2) where you take their land over and your faction names change, but it would also be intersting if it also meant you could train their units as well as you are all one faction now, like if sparta joined with say pergamon, you can train the agema pikemen of pergamon and as well as the spartan elites. or Rome and macedon, to really make campaigns unique, and to do this you replace become vassle with become satrapy, confederation, or something similar depending on faction, and make it more of a suggestion rather than a penalty, like becoming vassle is seen as a costly demand where confederation could be seen as mutral befit or something. I would also love to see an Athenian campaign
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by FOR GONDOR View Post
    What I would Like to see is the ability to incorporate factions into yours, (like confederations in Rome 2) where you take their land over and your faction names change,............
    There is no such facility in RTW - so there won't be such a thing in any of the Mods either.

There are also too few factions in RTW - it is only slightly reasonable with small tribes of similar culture. With that sort of exception, I also cannot think of any decent historical parallels.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

I have find some mistakes on the campaign map.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rometwbi201002210129044.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	312573

I can't modding, just researching a bit about the Carpathian- Basin. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	summer.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	394.0 KB 
ID:	312577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1865_Spruner_Map_of_the_Balkans_-_Geographicus_-_Pannonia-spruner-1865.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	312578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pannonia_térkép_2_század.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	978.6 KB 
ID:	312579(look at the lot of swamps too around the rivers)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pannonia01.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	312580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1024px-Limes4.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	256.0 KB 
ID:	312581

I drawing a Carpathian- Basin picture, which is showing the correct location of bigger rivers and settlements. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carpathian basin.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	917.3 KB 
ID:	312584
    Please fix the RS2.5 campaign map! And should create new region border lines.

(sorry my bad english)

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Olt is a pretty big river, indeed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olt_Riv...:Olt_river.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ferike_2007 View Post
    Olt is a pretty big river, indeed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olt_Riv...:Olt_river.jpg
    In my opinion the Olt river is not as big as like the another four river. So it is lesser important.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Treason View Post
    RS2’s future and mod ideas UPDATED 00/00/00 post # 721 (example)
    It seems a travesty such effort can get overlooked..and every total war fan, if unaware, may start passing through the forum regularly
    (they can see instantly, at a glance, there is something new via the title thread)
    Great idea,mate.

@Voice of Treason: You make a good point about my posts...I hadn't thought about them disappearing because of other comments. Maybe someone could put them all in one thread as a closed preview thread? Or I'll do it sometime.
    Or you can also do it the way 'EB2 Sneak Peak' thread is done.

Once locked thread that will have all the previews and an open thread with title 'Preview discussion' where all the comments, critiques and mind-gasmic repiles can be posted.

Oh! I completely forgot. Great job dvk901! Wish I had time and rank to edit forums. Thursday and Friday (Indian Standard Time) are my week-offs. Maybe I could help. (My week-offs change every month).
    Marcus Claudius Aurelius

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Given the fact that the Rhodes port looked so much better than Syracuse, I went back and redid that:

Just finished setting up a port for Thessaloníki as well.

Regarding rivers, there are scads of rivers missing from the map that 'could' be there....it's just that we had to take into consideration the placement of them, the size and shape of regions, and the playability of the map because too many rivers can result in dead spots on the map, or places where armies can get stuck. So our map tries to be historically 'representative', but not an exact reproduction of what was.

I am now working on the Greek large town\town...which is the last of the Greek stuff. Then I'll be able to start on Carthage and Eastern settlements.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Impressive!!
    Your modelling skill is great.
    Pity that you create custom city models only for one mod .

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

the ports look so nice now,they even have roads,markets...(is there a port near rome aswell?) im gonna take on all the port settlements first when this update comes out
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i´m speechless!
    this looks so awesome!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

miraculous!!

Regarding rivers, there are scads of rivers missing from the map that 'could' be there....it's just that we had to take into consideration the placement of them, the size and shape of regions, and the playability of the map because too many rivers can result in dead spots on the map, or places where armies can get stuck. So our map tries to be historically 'representative', but not an exact reproduction of what was.

It is indeed a balance - the only rivers that should be there are those that are strategically significant (ie should and would impose a serious delay to crossing). Bear in mind, however, that the Roman bridged both the real major ones of the period (Rhine & Danube) with relative ease.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Holy crap dvk, when did you learn to do this? Your Rhodes is better than the one in Rome 2, which features a very underwhelming 'Colossus' compared to the epic statue you created... now that's a World Wonder!

Amazing stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by szikelkun View Post
    I have find some mistakes on the campaign map.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rometwbi201002210129044.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	312573

I can't modding, just researching a bit about the Carpathian- Basin. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	summer.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	394.0 KB 
ID:	312577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1865_Spruner_Map_of_the_Balkans_-_Geographicus_-_Pannonia-spruner-1865.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	312578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pannonia_térkép_2_század.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	978.6 KB 
ID:	312579(look at the lot of swamps too around the rivers)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pannonia01.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	312580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1024px-Limes4.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	256.0 KB 
ID:	312581

I drawing a Carpathian- Basin picture, which is showing the correct location of bigger rivers and settlements. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carpathian basin.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	917.3 KB 
ID:	312584
    Please fix the RS2.5 campaign map! And should create new region border lines.

(sorry my bad english)
    Really love this .

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Awesome progress! Added those screenshots of the settlements to the Authentic Ancient World Gallery as well. Stunning!

Hammy202's Avatar Foederatus

Hey all its nice to rs is still going I'm thinking I might get my Rome cd and install it again as I'm board with empire, Napoleon, and Rome 2. Now to my point, and its probably been asked all ready! But have you tough about doing an rs mod for Rome 2?

hrolphi's Avatar Libertus

Holy macainroni.
    Sry for the swearing, I have just been looking through this thread, this is almost unbelievably crazy nice!
    Good work dvk. I'm in awe!!

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

I am going to compile all WIP from RSII in this thread if you are ok with that. That way you should get some "new" and "fresh" blood checking out RSII.

Furthermore, I couldn't imagine the additions to RSII are going to become like such a large scope. Awesome work dvk901! Things are getting more and more amazing every time you post your latest work.

+ to everyone else: Dont forget to vote on the 1st Annual Modding Awards for Rome II and give Roma Surrectum your mental support for the Legacy Award and maybe Authentic Ancient World your voice for the Peoples Choice Awards: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PFHLFJY

Cheers
    Last edited by Hetairos; September 06, 2014 at 07:18 AM.