Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: RS2's Future and Mod Ideas:

Could the belgae be given more land in Britain? Or even Ireland? I'll explain as I know it may not be historical.... The Late Game

And maybe this could be applied to giving some better lands further to the edges of the map for other factions also and giving those regions big bonuses to income,, BIG BIG bonuses.

No matter what faction I play, and this frustrates me most as the Romans as the end game is just waay too easy to truly enjoy all those fantastic legions I have deployed protecting my border forts. All so prettily arranged whose legates hold ancillaries like surgeon, battlefield messenger, master of the archers of crete and Legate on LEGIO whoever, to guard against................dead factions, rebels, factions too scared and most definately incapable of fighting back. Having these uber settlements at the edge of the map could allow the belge in the north west, sarmations north east, gallaeci/carthage south west and selecuid/ (preferably parthians) in the east to keep kicking back.

I know there's some problems attached like being unhistorical, not realistic, might bolster a faction which becomes huge anyway and now have an unfair advantage and huge secret treasury at their back which is only supposed to be used as a get out card. However I think it might keep a heart beating and motor running right throughout till the end game, as long as it doesn't interfere big time with the early game.

As well as this whenever I conquer southern britain the belgae die off as they've no family members in ireland. So just for the sake of keeping factions alive longer.

Maybe these bonuses would only be under conditions and specific to faction. eg bonuses in caledonia Hibernia specific to factions like Belgae, Averni, Cimbri, Boii if <5 settlements.....bonuses in east settlement specif to parthia/ seleucid < 5 settlements and so on. Don't know if this can be done.
    Last edited by Agrippa19; March 20, 2015 at 09:00 PM.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

@Agrippa19 It's maybe too easy because you play on very hard campaign difficulty (it's bugged and even easier than medium and maybe even easy). I play on H/VH and that's still a challenge, even with Rome. And if it's still too easy you can make custom money scripts that give tha AI even more money (and for balancing reasons you can edit the money script so that it gives an extra bonus when the AI faction has only a few settlements or the player has a lot of settlements, or both. If you really want a hardcore challenge, do both.)

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

@ Wraith.. Nope I don't play on VH/VH. Only H/m at most. Never play hard battles, it's not that it's too hard it's just I don't like anything that seems gamey and hard battles just buff units up unrealistically I feel.

Again the game is not lacking for challenge. It's quite the opposite especially since I like the turtle a lot which allows other factions time also to build. It's just that the challenge and enjoyment disappears once I've a strong empire near the end game, which is the same for many people I think. Eg as Rome once you've conquered the historical borders of the Roman Empire then that for example is when the enjoyment starts to decline. Building an empire is great, maintaining it is without a challenge at that point, due to factions going extinct, unrivaled power isn't. It's a shame as I usually try to wait till the end game before I have all my numbered legions but then I get a bit bored due to factions not fighting back anymore through fear.

Just trying to throw suggestions out there to keep the end game interesting. And buffed up settlements in the extreme borders of the map might be plausible as I think only players going for total map conquest would go that far.

Agrippa,

A good player won't 'play' as 'badly' as the Romans did. You will have no inner demons to plague you and none of the outside pressures.

The game is 'won', effectively, when you have reached the limits that the Romans did and/or have achieved the 125 settlements. RTW & RSII are for the establishment of empire and not afterwards.

What you are suggesting when you are 'near the end game' - is actually that you have already won and should start again, or move on.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Hi team,

it is possible to create an alternative background script where the spawning Rebel Legions at the Roman Civil War are 'generic' roman legions instead of the 'numbered&named' ones?

I know the fact that many players hurry up things in Roman campaign in order to get the 'numbered&named' legions as soon as possible and the current status is OK for them, but I'm used to fight the Civil War with the 'generic' ones and just when it's done and I regain the control over the Roman territories I create the barracks where I can create the 'numbered&named' legions, and use them for my further expansion.

If you don't have time for this, just give me some clues and I will try to do it for myself.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ferike_2007 View Post
    Hi team,

it is possible to create an alternative background script where the spawning Rebel Legions at the Roman Civil War are 'generic' roman legions instead of the 'numbered&named' ones?

I know the fact that many players hurry up things in Roman campaign in order to get the 'numbered&named' legions as soon as possible and the current status is OK for them, but I'm used to fight the Civil War with the 'generic' ones and just when it's done and I regain the control over the Roman territories I create the barracks where I can create the 'numbered&named' legions, and use them for my further expansion.

If you don't have time for this, just give me some clues and I will try to do it for myself.

Thanks in advance.
    I doubt that dear dvk' has time for this and therefore a nicely maintained sub-mod would be great.

I would note that, wanting to encourage more 'realistic' play, I have argued several times for the Civil War legions to be of the 'Generic' (Pompey, Caesar, Crassus, Antony & Octavian) type as they actually were.

I am also guilty of loving the N&N too, however, and tend to transition to these after a mere 100 years and not wait over 200! That said, I would stll prefer the Generic to be the Civil War ones, or, better still, them to be non-scripted. If I can help dvk' with a Loyalty-based system that actually recruits instead (and gets some of the existing ones the player actually has at the time); then a 'Civil War' could happen at any time throughout the campaign - perhaps more than once - and be much better overall!
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

As my friend points out above, a re-write of the Legions being used for the Rebellion will not happen in the next version of RS...which will be '2.8', by the way. I had already written 2.7 quite some time ago before I decided to re-work all the settlements...and then Wraith came along with a ton of great work and suggestions and fixes...and one thing led to another. It got too big to make everyone wait for what will be decidedly the biggest changes RS2 has seen in a while. RTW will no longer have much of anything that looks 'Vanilla' anymore.

But after this is released, with its great content and bug fixes, we will all be working on campaigns on an individual basis...more or less. In particular, the Roman and Seleucid Empires will get a lot of attention...and new traits that I hope will completely change how rebellions happen. But these will be new campaigns. The existing one will all be left alone.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hi there! Some feedback about planned features:

More complexity features are very nice. But please make sure that it will not make the AI weaker compared to the player. I am thinking about the fortified and economic cities feature. The player is smart enough to deal with economic centres and fortified ones to make smart decisions. But the AI? i doubt that. I mean how will this affect the AI recruiting behaviour for example?

Let's say the AI has economic and fortified settlements. Where does the AI recruit? What if it recruits only from economic cities? This would make the AI weaker compared to the player.

Let's say the player first conquers the fortified cities of an AI faction. That would mean the AI faction only can recruit weaker units from now on to defend itself.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

In terms of recruiting, the AI has no restrictions on its ability to recruit....in terms of economic OR fortified city. Only the player has those restrictions.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Marcus Rutilius Scipio's Avatar Foederatus

Wow! This mod just keeps getting better and better! Thank you, dvk, we appreciate your work!

Please please please make the map as large as the roma surrectum 1 was. the map was so much more expansive and interesting in 1, then you downscaled it for 2. I remember there being a lot more settlements and made it a lot tougher to quickly conquer areas. Everything else was brilliant, just bring back surrectum 1 map!

Quote Originally Posted by Samueldodson1 View Post
    Please please please make the map as large as the roma surrectum 1 was. the map was so much more expansive and interesting in 1, then you downscaled it for 2. I remember there being a lot more settlements and made it a lot tougher to quickly conquer areas. Everything else was brilliant, just bring back surrectum 1 map!
    How can that be, RS2 has the maximum number of settlements allowed in the RTW exe

clone's Avatar Primicerius

just a question . could you change the campaign date to the one europa barbaroum uses.in your date many factions have a lot of settlements and this makes people who like playing small factions not want them to play them like rome or makedon (and maybe more.
    Last edited by clone; July 15, 2015 at 06:24 PM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Hello,

I would love to see separation of Greek factions so it's not just one enormous faction. Maybe for RSIII??

Quote Originally Posted by Rob003 View Post
    Hello,

I would love to see separation of Greek factions so it's not just one enormous faction. Maybe for RSIII??
    RS already uses maximum number of factions, so any additional faction would require one to be abandoned

Quote Originally Posted by Shmanky View Post
    RS already uses maximum number of factions, so any additional faction would require one to be abandoned
    One to be abandoned.
    Roma Surrectum has swapped Factions so in theory you can have more and more Greek city states.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Would there be any point though? They're all the same anyway.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

All of this is from a m/m difficulty level playing pov..

After a break from RS2 to play other mods (for the first time in years) I've come to think that there is far too much money available and far too many troops at my disposal and for the AI also. For instance I like to play on huge settings but still isn't 202 units for polybian cohorts a bit overkill alongside 202 for triarii? Would it be more realistic ti have less units of triarii in a unit than polybians? As well as this from the early game once Hannibal is defeated and the 1st rebellion put down I usually don't have much trouble fielding at least 3 full stacks on 1 turn and having enough money to spare to pump into the economy. I think it would make the game more immersive as well as make battles more decisive if unit costs was inflated so there are less stacks.

It is also not uncommon for factions like Gallaeci to field 6+ full stacks alongside garrisons when in complete control of Spain even on 1 turn. While some might like this challenge I personally don't like having to constantly fight battles which are forced on me because the AI has so many troops they don't know what to do with them. Ofc I like being beaten back the odd time and occasionally having to deal with 3 full stacks invading but a full stack vs full stack every turn is a bit boring imo. I'd like to see more ai half stacks represent an ordinary force and a full stack being something really daunting. For eg I think RTR does this aspect of the game well. I'd like to hear anybody else's thoughts..

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No mini campagins?

In my opinion, these sounds would be great in the next Roma Surrectum version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvVXftWNt3U
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Barbarorum-II
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)