Thread: Massgetae, Etruscan League and Royal Scythia DLC?

Default Massgetae, Etruscan League and Royal Scythia DLC?

I've been noticing at the end turn it cycles through all of the playable factions, then after that it cycles through all of the other factions in alphabetical order EXCEPT these 3 factions who pop up first. The same thing happened with the Seleucids before they were released. Perhaps these factions are slated for a unit pack and some DLC somewhere down the line? Or am I just reading too much into it?

Default Re: Massgetae, Etruscan League and Royal Scythia DLC?

The Etruscans always had a weird spot in the lineup. But Royal Scythians, along with two other factions, will be coming out as a DLC faction this week I think. You can also see the three if you check in a co-op campaign menu.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

What about Syracuse and Rhodos at the very end of the turn list?
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
    The Etruscans always had a weird spot in the lineup. But Royal Scythians, along with two other factions, will be coming out as a DLC faction this week I think. You can also see the three if you check in a co-op campaign menu.
    Massagetae and Roxolani

Ordinarius

Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack

Massagetae, Roxolani, Royal Scythia

Etruscan League will be probably part of a future DLC. In all localization file is present its description.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

ooo sweet! Horse archers are done terribly in R2 but I'm excited for the DLC nonetheless. Hopefully it'll also include the firing in circle ability...
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

I have added the Fire in Circle, called the Cantabrian Circle, even though it's not only used by Cantabri in my Nomadic Tribes Expansion mod, which serves as a sort of a primer/showcase for what's in Nomadic Tribes DLC

Yet, only three units, not all horse archers have this ability, since it's a special ability. I may make ALL horse archers have that, maybe.

Tiro

I bet the DLC releasing tomorrow

Lmao. You guys will actualy buy this games DLC?

I will not spend another game on this game until they fix it

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by PietroMicca View Post

Etruscan League will be probably part of a future DLC. In all localization file is present its description.
    Maybe because Etruscan League is part of the prologue which surely is the base for the main campaign ? That's why their faction id is high up in the list. My guess the next free faction will be Baktria (already have descriptions etc) which will come together with (Spain) Iberian Culture pack maybe ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by CatoTheYounger View Post
    Lmao. You guys will actualy buy this games DLC?
    Yeah, I don't see why not. I'm more than willing to give CA a chance with this game. I have seen a lot of nice R2 mods out there already but I wanna see what CA ends up doing with the vanilla game (in terms of patching/DLC) before I start putting mods over it. The nomadic culture pack is going to be a referendum of sorts for me. If CA ends up making us pay for the cookie cutter steppe peoples that are already in the game I'm going to be disgusted, but if the DLC ends up making the factions more interesting to play with as they did with Sparta, Athens, and Epeiros, then I'll see my money as being well spent. We'll see sometime this week I guess...

Hope the etruscan DLC will be valuable, they need to do:

-New unit roster fitting to 300's time frame, not the Porsenna army, no war chariot, nor "Sparta" corinthian helmet, and stop making italics looking northerners.

-New names(obviously), unic culture-Starting with only Velathri and make Ariminium rebels.(Piceni as rebels)

-Crack any good book about Etruscans, to know more about social struggles of the late period. -The type of governement must reflect the nature of their League, instead of a Senate, the political simulation should feature 12 or 15 entities(cities) you have to convince to follow you in war. Not mention of the physical appearence of these cities on the map, eventually the civil war could consist in struggles between etruscan cities, or group of cities which don't support your hostile or friendly politic with Romans.

-Title leader is zilath mechl rasnal, which was translated by Latins by "Praetor".

-To resume, Etruscan League should be a small and very challenging faction, with many internal problems and external threats(celts).

Again, I please C.A to crack a book about italic peoples to definitively understand then etruscans weren't close to samnites in any kind of aspects.Most important book to read for them is "Gli Eserciti Etruschi", by Ivo Fossati. The lone exhaustive book about Etruscan armies.

Actual Etruscans are killing me: samnite soldiers, roman names, and faces from an american B-war movie...just unplayable. I didn't expected Etruscans would be botched at this point.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; October 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Well the Nomadic culture pact has been released and I am impressed. The Messagetae have the potential to become a real powerhouse with all of those Saka units. Not to mention, it's FREE (if you install it before the 29th). The Cantabrian circle has also been implemented thank Zalmoxis.

I understand that R2 has its flaws but CA has worked hard to resolve them and on top of that they've "given" us Pontos, Sparta, Athens, Epeiros, Seleucid Empire, Scythia, Messagetae, and Roxolani for "free." I understand the ambiguous meaning of "Free DLC" but in this day of age, they could have very easily made us pay for these things. We live in an age where digital downloading is taking over everything and companies can charge the out of us for random bells and whistles. Be happy that CA 'cares' enough to give us free things.