Thread: Does this happen often

Default Does this happen often

So i m 2/3 rhirds in my campaign playing with Rome on VH
    i ve conquered gaul , spain , mauretania and the rest of the african coast all the way to Alexandria
    i had a long bitter war with the greek states over the dalmatian coast and greece
    the factions east of the rhine and north of the danube are my client states
    Now i entered Asian minor defeated pergamon and byzintines and rhodes with little effort
    But the rest of the east is empty i mean except for the arabian peninsula every region is in the hand of rebels
    The seulicid and parthians i know where destroyed early in the game pontus somewhere mid game
    but there is absolure nothing any more not a single faction except for rebels
    it makes conquest easy and one sided i know but still

so is this just a coincidence with my game or does this happen often

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Does this happen often

As Parthia my expansion into Egypt faced the same problem. Most settlements were either rebels or factions that had only just emerged after a rebellion.

Every single settlement in western Anatolia rebelled agaibst Athens, all of Italy rebelled against Rome, most of Africa is in rebel hands and I even managed to destroy several allies and take their lands simply by waiting for them to rebel.

The amount of times I have had a message saying Carthage, Pontus etc has emerged only for them to die several turns later without fighting a single war is insane.
    Using your agents to lower public order is pintless in my opinion when the ai can not manage happyness even when it is not being influenced by other factions.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Not really a huge problem for me. I do notice all the AI towns have very low happiness, but the rebellions that happen are crushed pretty quickly. I am (was) surrounded by huge empires though so they have the stacks to do it. Of the 5 big empires though only two remain now after I (Rome) expanded in Gaul and Germania and helped my satrapie Macedonia expand across Greece.

The smaller states those former empires now exist as may begin to suffer from the rebels without their empire to support their armies. I'll keep an eye on it.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

There are no Byzantines.

The problem is much like other TWs - the AI can't handle long-term planning. It tends to do its upgrades based on what it needs right now, and as a result, it basically ends up having its settlements constantly revolt because it doesn't think managing Public Order is important in the short-term.

Quote Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
    The problem is much like other TWs - the AI can't handle long-term planning. It tends to do its upgrades based on what it needs right now, and as a result, it basically ends up having its settlements constantly revolt because it doesn't think managing Public Order is important in the short-term.
    The true problem is that the build order for the AI is handled by static tables. It can build a perfect system if it is alone on the map. But it wont recognoize that is just lost a food province for example and needs to build food building elsewhere. It will continue it's static plan. It does not recognize needs. This is why the CAI fails so often in managing its empire, because actually it does not manage anything at all.