Thread: what to spend money on late game [ROME]

Default what to spend money on late game [ROME]

I'm currently in 76 BC on my Roman Campaign and am continuing my conquests into Germania, and the Middle East, I have almost the max amount of armies (using Radious TW mod) and 300,000 denarii in my treasury. Due to the severe limitations on building upgrades (severe squalor, food penalties for higher tier buildings) and very limited selection in general, I have nothing to spend my money on besides my army which I am basically capped at. So... anyone else wondering what to do with their money in late game campaigns?

Default Re: what to spend money on late game [ROME]

Give it all to someone else. Create your biggest enemy, so to speak. Give it all away.

Hannarr's Avatar Civis

I had taxes on lowest in my spartan campaign and i finished my game with almost 4 million.

Holy mother big-bang!

Man as soon as I'm getting 5k, and have 20k in the bank, I start to yawn. I thought there was admin cost like when you have 10 regions you start dropping income per region down to a percent?

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Hannarr View Post
    I had taxes on lowest in my spartan campaign and i finished my game with almost 4 million.
    Taxes become pointless after a certain point. In my parthian campaign I have long reached the point where tax income is insane regardless of the rate it is set at. I am surprised you did n0 send it all to another faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Holy mother big-bang!

Man as soon as I'm getting 5k, and have 20k in the bank, I start to yawn. I thought there was admin cost like when you have 10 regions you start dropping income per region down to a percent?
    Wait until you have 15 armies, 10 fleets, fully upograded cities and rolling in millions while making 100k+ every turn.
    Like every Total War game money is too easily made on this, it does bring up a concern that if we can end up swimming in it how can the ai be so bad at managing their finances and need extra help?

If there is a drop I have not noticed it,
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Deathcake's Avatar Tiro

For me, part of the reason is a lack of buildings really. Oh sure, in previous iterations you might end up with everything built everywhere even in places you didn't really need it, but at least it gave you something to spend your cash on.
    Maybe unit upkeep needs to be way higher, particularly for elites, like 5-10 times higher.
    I just don't think there is enough to spend your money on at all. Many regions I just build to a certain level (and given the very limited number of building slots, that doesn't take very long at all), set the edict, then forget about the region.

Will take this in as a note for a mod. I've seen in the db entries for income decrease. It says 1, 40, 90 percent at 3, 25, 150 regions. I'm trying to see if it works, and if it does, we could have a mod that will give much more admin cost much earlier.

Also, the elite unit idea is good. Make buildings more expensive, maybe something that requires 3-5 turns saving up money even with army and navy caps reached per imperium.

I'll see what I can do.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Buying off factions to become allies so that you don't have to conquer. I think the 140 settlement requirement does not mean you have to go and conquer everything. In my campaign I only conquer about 80 settlements and 20+ settlements are through alliances. Now the money almost gone I'm now back to conquering to get that 140 settlement victory condition.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; October 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook