Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meneros’ Overhaul Mod (Greeks, Thracians & Illyrians) [08-11-2013]

Default Re: Meneros’ Greek Mod (Sparta, Massalia, Thracians, Illyrians & Athens) [04-11-2013]

Yh I went back to that Maneros. Your mod is very good. One of my favs I use it along aide legionaires army reskins and kaziels romans.i have radious mod to but thinkin to remove it and just keep ai battle and graphical.

Meneros's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Meneros’ Greek Mod (Sparta, Massalia, Thracians, Illyrians & Athens) [04-11-2013]

Quote Originally Posted by krazysigmarite View Post
    Oh, just a heads up guys, I did some testing, and my Massalia mod is fully compatible with this awesome mod, so do not fear if you want to use both! (I use both )

I absolutely love what you've done with the Thracian cloaks for the Spartans, Meneros. Your mod is coming along so well, I'm really excited to see where you take it.
    Glad to hear it! I'm a big fan of your mod as well, and I also run the two alongside each other.

Quote Originally Posted by East Londoner View Post
    Yh I went back to that Maneros. Your mod is very good. One of my favs I use it along aide legionaires army reskins and kaziels romans.i have radious mod to but thinkin to remove it and just keep ai battle and graphical.
    Nice to hear you're enjoying my mod! I'm planning on adding new colour changes to the factions that I have expanded upon in the next release, so you no longer need to install it separately. It will also have a bit more variations in colours within the factions.

Contents of the next release
    I thought i'd give you guys a heads-up on what you can expect in the next release, which I'm currently fast at work with. As I've mentioned previously my intention is to do a general expansion of the minor greek factions (Rhodos, Knossos, Trapezos and Syracuse).

By "general expansion" I mean that I intended to collectively give them access to some new units that would make their rosters as well-rounded as the major Greek factions. After thinking about it I have however decided to also do a major expansion of Syracuse. It will be similar to the Massalian expansion, which is to say that it will receive a number of new units (some of which will be native sicilian units), but many of its current units will also be modified to set them apart from the other Greek factions. I'm also planning on adding unique buildings to Syracuse, but I haven't made any decisions on exactly which so I'm open to suggestions on that matter.

The second part of the next release will focus on buildings. Firstly both the Thracians and Illyrians will get completely new Religious Building Chains, each containing 4 different gods and a unique religious building for each faction. The Illyrians will also get a new port for minor settlements that I'm currently calling a "Corsair Haven", which will provide bonuses suitable for anyone wishing to engage in a bit of state-sanctioned piracy. Aside from that I am also adding a completely new type of building: Tradeposts, which will act as a land-based trading building. The Tradepost building chain will consist of 6 different buildings with one focusing on Food whilst the other 5 will give access to small amounts of trade resources alongside other bonuses. The trade resources you will be able to procure through this method are Iron, Timber, Olive Oil and Marble. Aside from the resource bonuses, the general effects of this building chain are Wealth from Commerce, Growth and Tariff income from trade agreements.

I welcome any potential feedback on these plans, as well as if any have any ideas of building-types that might be interesting to add and would improve the campaign gameplay.

Here are also a preview of 3 units that the minor Greek factions will be getting (While the Shield Bearers carry the same name as the ones the Macedonians use, the appearance has been modified to give the unit a better "true Greek" feel):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Is there anyway to mod the thracians buildings so that say when they take over say pella or a civilisied city they dont convert it to some barbarian village?

Is there anyway to mod the thracians buildings so that say when they take over say pella or a civilisied city they dont convert it to some barbarian village?
    Yeah, if it's possible, this would be a nice touch. In Rome 2, I think the Thracians feel to 'barbarian'. Same culture, same buildings, same technology. I preferred them in Rome 1, where they were a little more hellenized. That's one of the many things I like what Meneros is doing with this mod.

dom385's Avatar Senator

Has anyone balanced this for any of the combat mods? I tried and broke it...

Meneros's Avatar Artifex

I hadn't actually thought of that, but that's a good point. I'm going to look into it and see if I can change that. I suspect it is because the Odrysian faction is in the barbarian culture group, so I am able to alter that I will (thus also giving Thracians hellenic building chains instead). It certainly seems more reasonable that Thracians should have greek-looking settlements, rather than barbarian. But then again I am no historian. No promises though, as I don't know if it is possible yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dom385 View Post
    Has anyone balanced this for any of the combat mods? I tried and broke it...
    I haven't looked into exactly what the combat mods change, but the only thing that I believe would be required is to change the stats in the land_units_tables DB.

Preview of new Armour
    The next release is going to feature a new variation of the Greek linothoraxes, with more reinforced scale armour. It will be used by select units in all Greek factions.

Screenshot

dom385's Avatar Senator

Yeah it turns out it wasn't that that broke it, for some reason none of the variant mesh files had anything in. I redownloaded it an its fine now.

Yeah i just think that its funny when play a barbarian faction how you bascily destroy the city to make it in to a wood village of huts that just didnt happen. this mod is looking good. Any chance you will look at Cimmeria (Bosporon Kingdom) real interesting faction as they had a mix of greek, scythian-sarmatian units and they even had influence from roman legions too. good mix

Meneros's Avatar Artifex

Yeah i just think that its funny when play a barbarian faction how you bascily destroy the city to make it in to a wood village of huts that just didnt happen. this mod is looking good. Any chance you will look at Cimmeria (Bosporon Kingdom) real interesting faction as they had a mix of greek, scythian-sarmatian units and they even had influence from roman legions too. good mix
    After reading up on it I'm inclined to agree. It does seem quite interesting and unique. I just might actually.

Meneros's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Meneros’ Overhaul Mod (Greeks, Thracians & Illyrians) [08-11-2013]

Version 1.4 has now been released featuring an expanded Syracusan faction as well as new buildings!

usmcsultan's Avatar Civis

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Illyrians are my favorite Thy are my ancient people but even though this might not be historic it gives me a chance to fight against uber oponenents like Rome and Sparta.....Can you please create Achilles unit of Myrmidons with the same shields like in the movie troy PLEASE!!!
    "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."
    George W. Bush-after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

+ rep Meneros, awesome armour variation ! Good work and thank you again for giving us permission for AGA !

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Very nice, Meneros! Glad that Trapezos is getting something new, I always had a soft spot for the black/blue octopus!
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Top class job Meneros!

A must have mod indeed.

Godspeed and keep up the good work my friend,

Meneros's Avatar Artifex

Just to give you guys a heads up, I've ceased work on this mod and thus it won't receive any further updates. The reason for this is because I've joined the Ars Gratia Artis team. All of my textures will be integrated in that mod, as well as my future work. You can read more on the mod here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ated-15-11-13)

And just to give a bit of a teaser, here's some pictures of new armours that will be included in an up and coming update to Ars Gratia Artis:

Screenshots

Last edited by Meneros; November 16, 2013 at 03:01 PM.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Hi Meneros, excellent new armours as usual, no chances anymore to keep your accurate units for people using other battle mod? thank'u and congrats for your new adventure

Default Re: Meneros’ Greek Mod (Sparta, Massalia & Athens) [All new skins!]

Hey there Meneros,

Is there any chance we could have permission to use your textures in Lines of Battle? We'd give you due credit, and likewise if there's any textures I did here ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...xes&highlight= ) that you want to use you can feel free to do so.

Meneros's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Meneros’ Greek Mod (Sparta, Massalia & Athens) [All new skins!]

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Hey there Meneros,

Is there any chance we could have permission to use your textures in Lines of Battle? We'd give you due credit, and likewise if there's any textures I did here ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...xes&highlight= ) that you want to use you can feel free to do so.
    You are welcome to use my textures in your mod.

Terrific! Thanks mate.

I love this unit:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast