Thread: [RTW AAR] The Hounds of Germania

Default [RTW AAR] The Hounds of Germania

Hiya! My name is XDHunterNest and I'm new to this forum. I know this isn't an introduction subforum but I just want you to know a little bit about me. So I'm a Rome Total Fan (yeah :p) and I saw some AARs earlier and I was motivated to make one, too! I'm not from the US so excuse me if my English looks bad. Anyways, here is the campaign settings screen. Now, LET'S GET IT STARTED! (but before that, when I press enter it doesn't make a new line-help me please?)

Default Re: [RTW AAR] The Hounds of Germania

Wow that post looks horrible. Well, I'm just a noob lol.

Uhhhh it's the thought that counts? Meh, I'll just get it started.

CHAPTER I: Destiny Awaits
    "My King, your eldest son, the glorious Ariogaisus has defeated another wave of Gauls. When do you think this madness will stop, sire?" King Arminius, though weary and tired, had the gleam of bravery and anger in his eyes. The Gauls have sent wave after wave of their warriors to attack the settlement of Trier which is governed by the King's son, Ariogaisus. "Lad, send for my sons, the generals and the governors. I don't think the Gauls will ever stop if we let them continue." "Aye, sire." Something was going to happen. Something that would change the world's destiny and something that would change the fate of Germania forever.

Introduction for the first chapter for today, guys. Don't have much time so yeah.

The Meeting Of Destiny
    The hooves of horses could be heard everywhere in Damme. The nobles dismounted from their horses on the front of the great meeting hall where the king was waiting. The nobles entered, as with the king's sons. "Welcome, brothers! I have called you here for a very important reason." "And what is that my king?" asked Hans, the ruler of Mogontiacum. "War." "War? How could we win a war?! We lost many wars against outsiders. How do you think we could win this one?" complained Alfred, the young general that accompanies the king's son, Arosaigus. "Quiet! I know that I turned down your request for help when your town was besieged. You ruled well and I regret not helping you but you need not become one of our childrenfolk again and complain! The gods will help us win, but we need to do our part. The omens are numerous. We have been oppressed long enough!" Everyone saw courage and conquest in the eyes of the old king as he raised his hands to the gods. "Our tribes were once numerous but many were fooled to think that they could stand alone against the world. The Britons, as they call themselves, disgust me by their cowardice. They ride chariots and have sailed away from us!" The congregation went into an uproar and soon, everyone seemed to agree with the idea. "The Gauls may be great warriors but who may be greater than us Germans?" Some stood up and shouted their battle cries, some drank their beer, some said, "Aye!" and some tapped the table loudly. Everyone had courage and conquest in their eyes like the king. "We know in ourselves that we are better than those fools! I have defeated the Romans in Teutoborg Forest. We all can defeat the Romans, too! The great gods be with you, my brothers. To arms!" The nobles were ready and the king did not see them as brothers only anymore. He saw them as great warriors that were lion hearted and brave enough to do anything for their country. Arosaigus, Hariulfus and Ricburgis stayed with their father in the hall when the nobles left. "My sons, lead your armies bravely. I shall take the rebel settlement up north with my men. Arosaigus, take Alesia. Hariulfus and Ricburgis, stay here with the other nobles so I will teach you the way of the hoplite. The Greeks taught me it when there was still a settlement of theirs here." "When will I attack Alesia, father?" asked Arosaigus, with wrath and vengeance in his eyes. "Whenever you want, my son." The great war was beginning and there was nothing anyone could do to stop it.

UPDATED, GUYS. IF ANYONE DOES READ THIS POST. :/

Nice work dude, just add a little pics.

Dayum. I left this thread long ago. I will continue it!

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Don't be discouraged because of a lack of posts! I assure you that many people are reading it and not posting. I encourage you to include some pictures though; it makes things more interesting! Great work thus far.

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

Ownager's Avatar Senator

While my attention had turned toward the EB mod, this one caught my attention. Have you read the proud blood of Germania? You could take some inspiration from there. But don't make it too good, because. I really want to get through my Arche Seleukeia campaign, and don't want to divert into a Sweboz one.
    "It is the part of the fool to say, I should not have thought." -Scipio Africanus

"We will either find a way or make one." -Hannibal Barca