Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: (1.1.2014 - New Preview, Post 60) An Official Announcement

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Default (1.1.2014 - New Preview, Post 60) An Official Announcement

For the past few months we've given no more than silence, and the fears have risen that Westeros is dead, it's about time we acknowledged rumour, that yes indeed, nothing of late has been done, but it's about time we did something about it.

The past week has seen some hint of revival and I shall give some detail as to what efforts are underway to re-establish some control over the chaos, to kick some life into the poor beast and bring all this hard work, of so many people, to the stage of completion. To you alas, it remains distant; to us and perhaps a select few yet to be chosen, it's in sight. We have been hindered by software struggles, by internal disagreements, by the simple fact that each addition has brought on board new ideas to implement or models or artwork of far finer quality, and that has slowed us down; and indeed I could spend a further thousand words criticising our faults, my own included, but blame gets us nowhere, so instead I am reforming how we work, overseeing the implementing of files to the master copy to ensure we don't get anything game-breaking thrown in, I have been finding fresh active modders (a shoutout to SoulGamesInc and Stannis the Mannis), and might still be after some more (anyone good at economy? ) and mostly I've been persuading others to work, but that's nothing really, either they're busy or they have it in themselves to produce something of their own volition, and so Murfmurf has been toiling away in Milkshape, on what you shall soon see, Dux has been filling in reams of code, Noobas compiling artwork, but he's never needed motivating to do that, Kilic is back in November, Hanni has something else to show and I think Mhaedros mentioned he would actually do some code... others shall return in their own time, but we can't wait forever.

So this is the change, and the majority of the team do not support this, do not condemn this, do not acknowledge this, because the majority are silent, inactive, busy with their lives. Westeros 1.0 will not be all the things we have promised, 1.1 may be or perhaps it will be 2.0; it will one day be, but if we are to get anywhere, we must consolidate what we have, cut out the excess, the glitter, to produce for a certain, undisclosed, date something that is concise, finely polished, and ultimately, most importantly, a final released product.

Do not fear, we are, still, alive.

- Inarus, October 2013.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: An Official Announcement

House Baratheon of Dragonstone
    Still Alive

“L

ord, cast your light upon us, for the night is dark, and full of terrors.
    The Baratheon dynasty is in splinters, brother faces brother as the illegitimate son of the Lannister Twins sits upon the Iron Throne, the hour is nigh, let all true men declare fealty or rue the day they opposed the rightful King of Westeros.

Unit Preview:
    Peasants

Spear Levy

Crossbowmen

Spearmen

Men at Arms

Mounted Men at Arms

Queensmen

Marines

Sworn Swords

Household Guards

Nobles

Credits:
    Units by: Murfmurf
    Text and Coding: Inarus Dux Mhaedros
    Mapping and Settlement Model: Toho Inarus
    Thanks to the other mods letting us use their stuff! Rusichi TW, Mare Nostrum, Narf, Dejawolf and others in the M&B community
    Last edited by Murfmurf; October 20, 2013 at 05:16 AM. Reason: The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

After all this time you are still full of surprises! all the units looks great! I love te reverse black shields and the florents being present! Throw in a couple of sellswords and charge Renly! Rep is coming!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

When Inarus is not making me delete all the files, he's actually working on stuff!

Wasn't my fault, i have video evidence that proves he told me to do it. In seriousness, this should shut up the 100 people i get weekly asking me if it's dead.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: An Official Announcement (and something special...)

Now all we need are the buildings and recruitment system...
    If only they knew....listening to Inarus for hours on end talking about nothing, just complaining, then his Internet fails...
    Last edited by Iron Aquilifer; October 19, 2013 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis the Mannis View Post
    Now all we need are the buildings and recruitment system...
    If only they knew....listening to Inarus for hours on end talking about nothing, just complaining, then his Internet fails...
    I'm a Brit and winter is coming what else can spend all day doing, its hard work complaining but it has to be done.

And yes, we need the buildings coded in, we need the recruitment coded in (I think it is, but I need to make sure the farms are all correct so thats a weekend's work), then I need to fill in all the final recruitment stuff, which could take a while and variate it according to what type of province it is (new system, long story) and then that's done and I get the other coders to build up the armies and fill up the provinces with buildings, and then we need to make sure the scripts are all present and correct, and finally, at last yippee, we can test, but we're still using autoresolve because Murf is alone working on a faction and a half, so that holds us back but still testing, and then we realise the economy doesn't work and needs redrafting, or maybe there'll be stack spam from the pass of the Bloody Gate terrorising the Tullys, or maybe the scripts aren't working or we have to redo an entire system because of them, and that's probably negating the fact that I forgot something or that 20% of the Map is frozen (in all meanings of the word) and doesn't really do anything. So as much as it doesn't seem to be, it is a lot, and God knows, those are merely the things that come to my coding mind...

P.S. If I forgot to credit anyone, my apologies, it's been a busy week and my memory is bad as it is.

What exact problems are you having with the economy? I'm not a pro coder or texter but for what i know it shouldn't be that hard balancing it , at least not after everything you guys have done (The map,units,etc...).

Not for lord, not for king! For Westeros!

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!

You guys are awesome. But I still don't understand what is the conclusion from your announcement? are you guys going to restart the work or are you going to release 1.0 soon without it being everything you wanted it to be?

YAY well done modders!
    Thanks so much for continuing your epic work and showing us that this mod isnt dead
    All of your previews are amazing and I hope that everything runs smoothly from now on.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Uriyaca View Post
    STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!

You guys are awesome. But I still don't understand what is the conclusion from your announcement? are you guys going to restart the work or are you going to release 1.0 soon without it being everything you wanted it to be?
    Conclusion is just honesty really. We're not going to restart work, but we're going to trim back some of our ambitions for the first release as they are unrealistic in terms of ever releasing anything!

But it will still have lots, lots more than .53, including all new skins and models from me, loads of scripts, new UIs, the new map etc. etc. Main thing is we want to get something out to the public rather than sit on it for ever.

Can't say how that's gonna take as we've given rough dates before and missed them. But it's looking good at the moment. And we promise to be more transparent about progress. (HINT HINT FOLLOW US ON TWITTER).

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Is there a rough estimate of a timeframe in mind? Not necessarily what will happen, but what you are shooting for.

Wow, this is really exciting. Cant wait to see some sort of release, whether it be perfect or not. Just want to play a play-able version thats a little bit more than the .53 build. Keep up the good work and please don't this die or wither away. Its something really good, most probably the best Westeros-based mod there is out there, for any game, and it'd be a shame to see all the hard work go to waste. Can't wait to dominate as the beloved Tyrell Family. Growing Stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    Is there a rough estimate of a timeframe in mind? Not necessarily what will happen, but what you are shooting for.
    I wouldn't want to give false hope.

Ehmagerd I cant wait any longeeeeeeer

Hermod's Avatar Miles

Wow, this is really great news guys. I am really excited to see any release, whenever it may come, and wish you all the best of luck in continuing this effort.

Davos as a fleet?

Hey guys it's great to hear from you. I' am excited for the release, thank you for all your hard work.
    "Man... I shot the crap outta that guy, huh?" - Ellie(The Last of Us)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

This was fun wasn't it?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Davos as a fleet?
    What's the problem?

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast