Thread: Hooray! (I won)

Default Hooray! (I won)

I was only playing on M/M (because I was fed up with losing all the time) but given the difficulty of ATW, I'm still a bit proud of myself. The hardest battles were against the angles. They had a couple of full stacks that came out of nowhere at one point, when I had just lost a big battle, and took 2 or 3 cities off me before I recovered. It's a very different game to playing as the germanic factions. With Dumnonia I was relying on heavy cavalry almost exclusively to win my battles. Infantry mostly just held the enemy while my cavalry got behind them.

Shazbot's Avatar grant woodgrain grippin

Default Re: Hooray! (I won)

Very nice, do it on H/H and I'll be impressed.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

hmm... 67 rounds... did you update to 0.62?

uh...You mean the latest one? With Sprites? No, I didn't, In fact I finished with this campaign almost a week ago, It's just I only got round to posting it today. The reason it's still so early in the game is because everyone kept attacking me (I really wanted a bit of peace to build buildings and roads and stuff, honest) so I had to invade them, and after I got out of debt I was making a lot of money per turn, as you can see from my treasury, so I was able to buy all the mercenaries I could get my hands on, and train troops constantly. After I beat the saxons and the jutes it became a lot easier because all my wars were along my northern border. It became easier still when I'd taken east anglia.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

With Dumnonia I was relying on heavy cavalry almost exclusively to win my battles. Infantry mostly just held the enemy while my cavalry got behind them
    Thats excatly how I am fighting with Dynfeint. Saxons are very tough though, their infantry can often take a cavalry charge, expecially in the woods. I have to outnumber them to beat them.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Try VH/VH, now thats a challenge, as the Connacht I had to resort to assassins to eliminate the other Irish factions (and I bribed the Dal Riada out of Ireland.....that cost me so much money that the family member must live in a golden palace on a mountain made of gold....).
    Either way I am the king of Ireland...if in name only considering half of it (or more) is still rebel, but nevertheless, hail to the king...the mad, gay, sodomising, drunken, King. (My faction leader has issues).

hoh damn.. guys. 062 is way way more difficult... try the Jutes with 062 on H/VH.. it's just awsome. I currently have a DRAMATIC campaign with the Jutes, after i have given up on VH/VH with the Saxons. The economy in 062 grows very slowly and the factions are much better balanced. I think even M/VH can be challenging with 062. I'm very very contentious with this build :] Next we'll add naval behaviour for Mumainha and whatnot and new... extremely cool TOP SECRET stuff is to expect in following patches

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

I won my Gwynedd campaign around 520 AD in VH/VH started on 0.6. It was way too easy at the end with the heavy cav, now in 0.62 it will be really different :tooth:

sorry, i knwo it isn't the correct threat, but what has changed with the balancing in .62? i didn't find a list of all the things
    cymry

it's too much to be listed precisly (there is a ReadMe). It also includes sprites which increases the performance.
    Last edited by swabian; September 21, 2006 at 06:16 AM.