Thread: Is anyone interested in a Multi-player AAR? I've got a good idea...

Default Is anyone interested in a Multi-player AAR? I've got a good idea...

Hi everyone!

I had a really good idea about a Multi-player AAR and i need some other people to be the other players.

I dont want to say too much about it because i want to surprise the majority of forumers with my idea, but I'll put it like this:

It is Multi-Player and uses a Faction Switcher mod.

I need at least 3 people (including myself) but preferably 4 or 5 if it is to work best.

It will be for RTRPE1.7 (maybe ERS mod, depending on what others have installed).

Will anyone interested in taking part please PM me

Any comments about the idea would also be appreciated.

Thanks to ARCHER29 for the amazing banners!! (I need to work out how to make it actually show the slideshow)

EB vs RTR!!!

Barca Payne's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Is anyone interested in a Multi-player AAR? I've got a good idea...

ok I'm in legionairosmatt

Welcome aboard King Hannibal!

I suppose we could do it with just us two, but it would be better if someone else joined in.

Do you think we should tell everyone the plan?

Thanks to ARCHER29 for the amazing banners!! (I need to work out how to make it actually show the slideshow)

EB vs RTR!!!

maybe if you could enlight us all with your marvelous plan, more will join the cause

Okay:

Using a Faction Switcher Script i have made the following steps are taken:

1) Player 1 (P1) starts a Campaign (House Rules will be finalised when people join) as Republic of Rome
    2) P1 then uses the Faction Switcher to switch to any faction he wants and plays as them for 10 years (40 turns using 4tpy)
    3) P1 then switches back to Rome, saves and uploads the save game
    4) P2 downloads the save game and switches to their chosen faction and plays 10 years.
    5) P2 switches back to Rome and saves and uploads the save game
    6) This continues until all players have played 10 years.
    7) P1 then writes up his AAR on his 10 years of playing, revealing the faction he has chosen
    8) P2 writes his AAR, revealing his faction
    9) This continues untill everyone has written their first 10 years.
    10) play continues with each player playing 10 turns then writing up.

NB: During each players first go (10years) he will not know what the other player's factions are until everyone writes up.

What do you think?

EB vs RTR!!!