Thread: How can i add all the other factions like Dwarfs, Skaven and Tomb Kings to the campaign?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default How can i add all the other factions like Dwarfs, Skaven and Tomb Kings to the campaign?

I tried adding the Dark Elves to the campaign by giving them some settlements from the Cultists. But they are always defeated faction when i start the game..

I managed to get every faction in the selection screen. These factions include "Dwarfs, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Empire, Araby, Dark_Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Britannia and the other human nation. But of course they need some settlement in game..

When modding the Hyrule Total War mod i managed to get the Occa in the campaign as a playable faction by giving them some rebel settlements and then adding their three different units to their roster.

But when attampting to do the same with the Dark Elves it doesn't work..If i give the Dark Elves many cities from either Naggarythe or the Cultists then the game will not start, and is loading forever in the start loading screen.

And when i gave them one city from the Cultists they seem to work.. But after starting the game i get the message "Youīre nation has been defeated" or similar message.. And i am asked to return to the main menu..

In "Hyrule Total War" it always worked to give a settlement from one faction to another.. But in "The Sundering" it won't work.. Why?

Also, if i remove all the spawning generals and armies in the descr_strat for letīs say, the Cultists, then the game will not finish loading when trying to start the game..

This is weird as it actually worked in Hyrule TW. I would want to include every faction in the campaign..

And one more question:How do i put the factions of Britannia, Empire, Araby, and the last human faction in Custom Battle?

Default Re: How can i add all the other factions like Dwarfs, Skaven and Tomb Kings to the campaign?

Brittania, Empire and Araby are not included in the released version of the mod, so you cannot have them in CB.

About the campaign I think you need to create for them the buildings tree, and perhaps also to inckude models for them... This is perhaps why there are problem on the campaign.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: How can i add all the other factions like Dwarfs, Skaven and Tomb Kings to the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    Brittania, Empire and Araby are not included in the released version of the mod, so you cannot have them in CB.

About the campaign I think you need to create for them the buildings tree, and perhaps also to inckude models for them... This is perhaps why there are problem on the campaign.
    I managed to add Arabya and Estalia to the custom battle, even the empire.

My memory is rusted now since i have left modding medieval 2 for quite some time but the gears in my head start to turn every time i encounter modding questions. First you should do is always ask modding questions in the medieval 2 mod workshop and read the index of modding tutorials, it has a detailed tutorial for adding a new faction from scratch.
    always defeated faction when i start the game.
    IIRC this could do to following reasons:
    1) You forgot to put victory\lose conditions for that faction.
    2) All family members die instantly at start since you forgot to assign them proper models (NE_general etc) and stuff.

I am very interested in this if you get it working.