Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative Assembly Business Practice Discussion Thread (Rome II)

Default Re: CA Posted on the forums- NO family tree and NO updates to Political System.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    We must not forget, that SEGA itself is owned by that Sammy Corporation. I doubt that those Pachinko makers are pulling the strings behind this, though. Sure, they are arcade makers, but they never interfered in game development for their greed.

You're right that SEGA being publisher can have huge influence over devs.

But for the Gods sake! CA itself told us that they got more money then ever, RII has been announced one year ago, and it was in failry advanced stage. So- removing features from game was CA decision and while I can't do anything to get my money back, my decision is to never buy their games anymore.
    Last edited by Mixxer5; October 29, 2013 at 03:05 PM.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: CA Business Practice Complaint and Discussion Thread

what you described is classical conditioning

but I never been to his house, i just read all the books my mother has on psych from her college days

and addiction isn't defined anymore by the need of physical or chemical stimulant. it hasn't been that way for a while

but that is still besides the point of this thread or are we entering the territory of people buy games because they are addicted to them and to get the fix, they play whatever crap they throw at us? because that would be problematic in several levels including elitist crap that has become the norm in discussions here, i.e. my taste is superior to X for example

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

omzdog's Avatar Campidoctor

You right about the ever changing defintion of addiction,
    I honestly don't care about what those big wigs at the medical-psycological-another big word convention say
    nor do I care about which definition of 'addiction' you read in the big bad book of 'definites'.

When I say addiction to you, you most likely know what I mean whether it is caused by chemical or emotional (since emotions are largely a result of biochemicals anyway).

Specifically however what I'm describing is operant not classical.
    As I said before the condition is centered on a voluntary behavior; purchasing a game, buying a cigarette.
    Those are not reflexive reactions.

The Germans bombed it in WW2.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Just kidding
    its just a guy famous for having the same name.
    Last edited by omzdog; October 29, 2013 at 03:17 PM.

Default Re: CA Business Practice Complaint Thread

Quote Originally Posted by big_feef View Post
    <snip> The industry has moved on from the days of the big bad publishers that breathe down a dev studio's neck. Most publishers nowadays allow dev studios a large degree of autonomy... <snip>
    As someone who works in that industry, I disagree.

What I say certainly doesn't not apply in all cases. I'm purposefully being very broad, but I think I illustrate the rule rather than the exception. Certainly my own opinions and perceptions play into it, but they're not guesses, they're based on experience and observation from within the beast.

big_feef's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: CA Business Practice Complaint Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DropkickCleary View Post
    As someone who works in that industry, I disagree.

What I say certainly doesn't not apply in all cases. I'm purposefully being very broad, but I think I illustrate the rule rather than the exception. Certainly my own opinions and perceptions play into it, but they're not guesses, they're based on experience and observation from within the beast.
    Really? Because I also work in the industry (13 years this coming February primarily as a programmer) and from what I've seen, experienced, and gathered in conversations with others in the industry; that seems to be more the case than the 'big bad publisher' scenario. As a simple illustration of how much the industry is different from just 10 years ago:

1. Many of the the big name independent studios are now fully-owned subsidiaries of a much larger corporation who may or may not focus on video games.
    2. While there are still many independent studios, they're not beholden to publishers anymore because of the advent of digital distribution and cloud-funding.

Simply put, publishers just don't have as much power anymore to push around independent development studios because they're no longer the only gateway that has to be crossed to get your product into the marketplace.
    Last edited by big_feef; October 30, 2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: addendum
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools" - Thucydides

They explain the DLC blood is a lot of work, it need to be paid. Ok
    But... the communauty want familie tree = it need work to be create... = DLC 2€ to 7€ ?!
    More buildings / locations to build ? DLC 2€ to 7€ ?!
    Possibility to land people on ship, on boat arbor and not only on beach ? DLC 2€ to 7€ ?!
    and what more ?

The question : how CA decide what can be free and what can be paid, when we read the CA apologies where they explain to us they will continue to support the game and increase it for long time in futur years...

They post a message saying that they apologize, and they will improve the game, and materialize it by paying DLC ? WTF
    Last edited by super_newbie_pro; October 30, 2013 at 07:03 AM.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Quote Originally Posted by super_newbie_pro View Post
    Possibility to land people on ship, on boat arbor and not only on beach ? DLC 2€ to 7€ ?!
    More looking first for a fix of transport fleets that make this game completly alien. Its not reasonable to let the transport fleets in this state of total historical inaccuracy.
    After why not that new feature you're mentionning, why not Veneti ships, or whatever else that can make warships and their use better.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; October 30, 2013 at 07:46 PM.

Default Consequences at CA

With Rome 2 being the total disaster that it has been. The most money ever being spent on a Total War and the worst rated and received. I'm really curious what is happening at CA right now. What do you guys think is happening with management/teams and being said?

omzdog's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Consequences at CA

Exec 1: Cream get the money
    Exec 2: Dollar dollar bills yall.

I mean what would you do if you just scammed millions of young adults out of their parents money?

Moved to business discussion thread.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

This is what's happening at CA:

Quote Originally Posted by blackberryalpha View Post
    With Rome 2 being the total disaster that it has been. The most money ever being spent on a Total War and the worst rated and received. I'm really curious what is happening at CA right now. What do you guys think is happening with management/teams and being said?
    I bet there was some friction between CA and SEGA already before release. Atleast I hope so. Otherwise it would mean that CA has become completely unethical or blind.

I'm tired of having the game patched every 5 minutes, and then shutting me out for no reason, forcing me to verify the cache. I will play Skyrim and all its DLC, by which time CA will have got its act together.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Ah blood. Now I can watch my hoplites blob with blood everywhere! Such is life in total war world.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    If you ever lived next to a volcano, the fact that you had nothing to do with your neighbour failing to properly throw in his virgin daughter to appease the local deity doesn't stop the lava from engulfing your home.

I personally think bashing CA and individual developers is totally of limits. I don't think its their mistake. The biggest pressure I think came from the marketing office and the SEGA offices pushing for a release of the game before the other blockbusters were going to be released. Its a pitty, but we see it with way more developers. Yes, their promises were not all true, Yes, we all hoped for something more but no, this is not a reason to go out and insult people who have worked so hard on a product they were most likely pushed to release. I also think it did get way better with the recent patches, and some DLC in the future can go on with this.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

I personally think bashing CA and individual developers is totally of limits. I don't think its their mistake.
    Not their mistake? It was CA that made the desicions on what to include in the game, and how to do it. You know, being the developer of the game and whatnot. They deserve everybit of flaming they're getting. I especially find CA's slience post-release to be even more alarming of what is to come.
    Last edited by Holger Danske; November 02, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Default $19 of DLC in less than two months

Just a thought that crossed my mind. There is already $19 worth of DLC in under two months since release. I don't think I've never seen that much DLC that fast.
    Last edited by Riekopo; November 02, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Default Re: $19 of DLC in less than two months

And only $3 of it did you have to actually buy. The rest you could've gotten for free pretty easily.

Crazyeyesreaper's Avatar Primicerius
    Citizen

Correct all I see in the OP is BOO HOO I DIDN"T PRE ORDER, thus you didnt get the Greek City States, and BOO HOO I didn't get off my ass and download the Nomad pack and missed it while it was free. Blood pack is dirt cheap, heres an idea sell the steam cards you earn playing games and pretty much every piece of DLC for Rome 2 is then free. OMG who would have thought?

As for never seen that much DLC that fast. I beg to differ most EA titles such as Battlefield with the premium pack / Bioware games come to mind. At least the CA DLC will go on sale where as most EA games the DLC eventually costs more than the entire game lol.
    Last edited by Crazyeyesreaper; November 02, 2013 at 02:36 PM.
    CPU: i7 3770K 4.6GHz / i7 4930K 4.4 GHz / i7 4770K 4.6 GHz
    CPU HSF: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro / Review Samples / Review Samples
    MOBO: Biostar TZ77XE4 / ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Champion / MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    GPU: Integrated / GTX 780 / HD 5450 Passive
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same
    CASE: Nanoxia DS1 / Nanoxia DS1 / Lian Li Test Bench
    HDD: 160 HDD / 512GB SSD + 120GB SSD + 5.5TB HDD / 60gb SSD

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

C'mon, it was clearly extra content.