Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bioware characters

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Bioware characters

In Loghain's defense very few people believed it was a Blight and he had evidence of the king cheating on his daughter and conspiring with the queen of country he barely kicked out 20 years prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Perhaps you should post it rather than have me look for one specific comment made by BioWare.
    Perhaps you should stop pretending you have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Comes Domesticorum

I don't, but let's not continue this pointless discussion if you're unwilling to contribute any meaning to your posts.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Loghain teamed up with Howe and that killed my Human Noble family, so I've always murdered both.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

It's not murder it's revenge. They are %200 guilty already.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Agreed. Those bastards killed Fergus' son.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Perhaps you should stop pretending you have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Perhaps you should stop pretending you two are the only two reading the thread.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

If Howe didnt kill the human noble's father, I'd have done it myself. My character was obviously middle aged and far from a child, yet was called pup which sounded quite insulting.
    Wasnt much of a surprise attack anyways, the entire human noble origin is one big cliche. Killing rats, the "surprise" attack at the beginning..ugh. Definatly the worst origin of them all, I just couldnt get into it with that one.

As for Loghain's actions, I'd not say he's a great king. Simply better than Allistar. Robert Baratheon wasnt a good king either, but better than Geoffrey, to give a familiar comparison.
    Allistar has no notion of leadership at all. Hes quick to take orders from a newer grey warden recruit after all, just lets you handle everything. His poor moments to make jokes also makes him a weak diplomat.

I still think they should have kept the darkspawn out of the game alltogether though as well as the grey wardens. Loghain was the true antagionist anyways, the darkspawn was just a horde of dumb things for you to slaughter, including the dragon. Though a better canditate for the crown than Allistar and Loghain should have been involved as well.

Comes Domesticorum

You mean, like Anora?

From what i recall Anora is the one who rules anyway, even if she marries Alistar, that much is quite mentioned several times.
    I would say the mix betwenn alistar and Anora is perfect.
    A popular beloved king, with a great queen behind it, more interested and competent in the govern of the state at least. In fact having alistar there to aford a certain moral compass to Anora in some matters seems ideal as well.

The human noble origin was always the less of all origin stories, i only played it so i could marry Anora ( male) or Alistar ( female) and become royalty.
    I also find the loghain story a bit overated... yes he was human, with his faults, and had his concerns, it just happen it was silly hassed bigoted concerns. For all of his tactical espertise, he seriously lacked comon sense and perspective. He is cleary not fit to be a leader but a great folower instead. A great general but an horrible politician.

Also from what i see alistar in dragon age 2, he was in a leading part there as king or leading the grey wardens, and i had no complains there. Naturaly most of the point in Dragon age origins, was to show that Alistar could do it, if he put his mind to it, and to show progression. imo.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Anora didnt really leave much of an impression on me. Only finished the game once though, with a city elf.

Comes Domesticorum

You've only played the game once and yet you have all this criticism? Jeez.

Oh god it's like he's played the game before!
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Comes Domesticorum

No, it's not that, it's just that so much criticism, I thought he'd be one of those guys who played it a few times through at least, because that's what the whole point of DA:O is. I guess there just weren't enough bad teeth and medieval stereotypes.

No way I could play all the endless grinding just to switch a few answers and start intro's. I remember how both me and my brother got honest to God tired after every major final mission, because it's pointless grinding on and on and on...

Not to mention the my biggest grip with DA:O (and lot of other games) is lazy modeling. You fight the same demon models for a gazzilion times, even when it's major character&boss they still use the generic models with slightly different color. I mean seriously if modders can make hundreds of models for free they could have at least made on ing model for the major boss.

Comes Domesticorum

I'm not saying make endless playthroughs just to get each minor variation, but there were various significant differences between potential playthroughs that warranted at least playing it 2 or 3 times. I'm not saying everyone should play it as often as I did

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Not to mention the my biggest grip with DA:O (and lot of other games) is lazy modeling. You fight the same demon models for a gazzilion times, even when it's major character&boss they still use the generic models with slightly different color. I mean seriously if modders can make hundreds of models for free they could have at least made on ----ing model for the major boss.
    The difference between modders and developers:

One does it for fun, the other does it for money. One will throw more and more and more and more into it just because they like doing it. But even modders, once they get hired, will have to deal with management that says, we've gotta save money where we can. Do it this way. Thus, reused models looking slightly different. This crap costs money to a company and they will cut as many corners as they can. Reality is a painful wonderful -----.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kotor 1 twelve saves
    Kotor 2 ten saves
    DA Origins eight saves
    DA2 ing three barely
    Mass Effect 1-2-3 probably twenty-five more or less

How's dat huh?.

Comes Domesticorum

I don't have many saves, since they're mostly autosaves and quicksaves.

I meant finished the game and kept my savegames.

Also check this

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bio.../1100-6420918/

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    I meant finished the game and kept my savegames.

Also check this

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bio.../1100-6420918/
    Is this about Dorian being gay?

Just a few days ago BioWare revealed Dorian as a party member, described by writer David Gaider as "legitimately gay."
    We have (well at least I) known for awhile that Leilanna was going to reappear as an adviser, rather than a companion, for quite awhile. Who cares if there is going to be same sex romances or gay characters in the game (by the way did you know Zevran was a romance option for both males and females. His ex-boyfriend even shows up), I actually think it is a good thing that they are included. It's not like you have to engage in a romantic relationship with that particular character (I do anyway ). Like Lieutenant Cortez, he was a cool character, and had very detailed interactions. I only have played as Femshep, so I never have tried a romance with him.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    To be honest this one will bomb big. The first information they gave for game is same sex marriage. This is bad sign but who i am kidding it's ing EA ofcourse it was expected such a moronic stuff.
    Get over it.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; July 04, 2014 at 06:57 PM.