Thread: Xenophonous for R2TW

Default Xenophonous for R2TW

Hi there
    I'd really like to see a mod similar to RTW's Xenophonous but for Rome2.
    A good start would be to have Romans speak latin and Greeks greek (modern greek would do the trick really)
    Is something of that kind already in development, or has been discussed of?
    Regards all,
    ΔΡΆΚΩΝ
    Ceci est une signature

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Xenophonous for R2TW

Μακάρι να ήταν αυτό το μόνο του πρόβλημα.... Europa Barbarorum was the first mod I saw where cultures would speak their own language. Paeninsula Italica 2 also has this feature. It's a great feature that should be modded into rome 2 as well.

@Hoplite of Ilis above:
    Έχεις απόλυτο δίκιο (δυστυχώς)

In fact I wrote it wrong, it wasnt RTW but M2TW which had that xenophonous mod. It was awesome.
    RTR had it too as an optional mod. That was really great.
    Ceci est une signature

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

No need to do modern Greek. We have almost all the ancient languages made for Europa Barbarorum. We are the only ones who did it. Other mods that asked permission were allowed to use it.

Xenophonia mod was a different project where they collated all the localized (modern) languages into one mod.

Otherwise, in EB we have:
    Classical Latin, Ancient Greek (5 sets of voices for variation), Pahlavan (for Persians), P-Celtic (Gallic), Punic.

We were working on K-Celtic (for Britain), and Proto-Germanic, we are also redoing Gallic (P-Celtic) voicemod, so will be version 2.0 at some time. And there's also Proto-Germanic, which still needs some work.

We have had no plans to do Scythian language, which the closest living language would be Iron Ossetian.
    Last edited by Shigawire; October 17, 2013 at 01:50 AM.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Awesome!
    Do you have a thread about it yet?
    I'm really looking forward to that mod
    Ceci est une signature

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

This is an old mod for Rome TW. I'm not working on a mod at the moment.
    www.europabarbarorum.com

There are forums on both TWC and The ORG
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...arbarorum-(EB)
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Kymmuriel's Avatar Civis

WOWOW ,but the audio files of r2tw are still hardcoded right? If no would you guys give permissions to modders asking you to use them?

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawire View Post
    No need to do modern Greek.
    Yes, yes! Keep it ancient. Anytime soon?

Bump!
    Any news from this project or from an equivalent?
    Thanks
    Ceci est une signature

rather than create a new thread I choose to dig this one up since it involves both the thing I was looking for (native languages) and the original source (xenophonia from EB)

Are the voices still hardcoded or is it possible to implement this into Rome 2? I wish i could do it myself but all the audio modding info I've looked up is either badly out of date, or contradictory, and the Total War Rome2 official wiki just flat out gave up and removed all info on audio modding completely

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    rather than create a new thread I choose to dig this one up since it involves both the thing I was looking for (native languages) and the original source (xenophonia from EB)

Are the voices still hardcoded or is it possible to implement this into Rome 2? I wish i could do it myself but all the audio modding info I've looked up is either badly out of date, or contradictory, and the Total War Rome2 official wiki just flat out gave up and removed all info on audio modding completely
    I believe that the voices are hardcoded, if you check data_rome2.pack you will see on the land units three columns: selected_primary, selected_secondary, selected_tertiary and there is nothing in the same .pack file that refers to these.
    The shouts are probably in the sound.pack and sound_rome2.pack (you will find tons of .wem files there) though no one has been able to edit those