Thread: RNJ2 compatible with RTW 1.5 patches

Tiro

Icon3 RNJ2 compatible with RTW 1.5 patches

I managed to let RNJ work with RTW 1.5 (no BI 1.6, no RTW Gold).
    You need to create an empty BI file within your RTW file, to put the Shogun2 file within the BI file (you can put the rest of the RNJ2 file in the Shogun2 file) and to change the three data files below.
    You can play the campaign through the provincial campaign.

I don't manage to play the campaign through the main campaign or to play a custom battle. Help is welcome.

Norton doesn't allow me to download the 2.6 and 2.8 patches. Does anyone have them in a zip file or another file that is not deleted by Norton?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

Default Re: RNJ2 compatible with RTW 1.5 patches

Hi, pm your email, ill send a zip.
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Tiro

BiggBudd, is your e-mail account still valid?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

glaude1955's Avatar Libertus

Hint to prevent Norton clears your downloads.

Disable it before or during the download.
    Once the patches 2.6 and 2.8 downloaded, extract them to a temporary folder.
    Example temporary folder H: \ Unzip (on my PC, hard drive is named H: instead of C )
    And inside this folder create two subfolders: H: \ Unzip \ 2.6 and H: \ Unzip \ 2.8
    Then reactivate Norton. Sonar protection erase files 2.6exe and 2.8exe but you have their content in your folders H: \ Unzip \ 2.6 and H: \ Unzip \ 2.8
    It will need to manually replace the affected files chronologically (no rush, look carefully where the exe should decompress otherwise ...)
    Of course, this method is applied only with exe that you know reputation otherwise it would be pointless to have a antivirus!

Regards

Yves
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Un tuyau pour éviter que Norton efface vos téléchargements.
    Le désactiver avant ou pendant le téléchargement.
    Une fois les patchs 2.6 et 2.8 téléchargés, les extraire dans un répertoire temporaire.
    Exemple répertoire temporaire : H:\Unzip (sur mon PC le disque dur est nommé H: au lieu de C)
    Et à l'intérieur de ce répertoire créer 2 sous-répertoires : H:\Unzip\2.6 et H:\Unzip\2.8
    Réactiver ensuite Norton. La protection Sonar effacera les fichiers 2.6exe et 2.8exe mais tu auras le contenu dans tes répertoires H:\Unzip\2.6 et H:\Unzip\2.8
    Il faudra manuellement remplacer chronologiquement les fichiers concernés (pas de précipitation, bien regarder où l'exe devait les décompresser sinon…)
    Bien entendu, cette méthode n'est à appliquer qu'avec des exe que vous connaissez bien de réputation sinon ça ne servirait à rien d'avoir un antivirus !

Tiro

I have sent a message to Norton to check the reputation warning and removal.

EDIT: Norton sent me an e-mail back. Patch 2.6 and 2.8 are now considered to be safe. Thank you!
    Last edited by The_Judge; December 09, 2013 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    I have sent a message to Norton to check the reputation warning and removal.

EDIT: Norton sent me an e-mail back. Patch 2.6 and 2.8 are now considered to be safe. Thank you!
    Many thx
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Tiro

What file(s) do I have to change back to RNJ 2.0 in order to have a blue (and red) Uesugi icon at the right bottom of the screen and on the diplomacy tab?
    Did anyone make a blue (and red) flag/standard above a unit of Uesugi soldiers?
    Does anyone have a RNJ desktop icon different from the RTW one?