Thread: Something New

Team Sleep's Avatar Semisalis

Default Something New

I haven't come through here in a very long time. It was before Shogun 2 came out. In fact I can't even remember if this mod was completed when I first stalked these forums. The mods I've mostly played have been EB (still playing) for RTW & Stainless Steel for M2TW. I'm interested in historical mods and have always been interested in this particular time period. Now I see that Europa Barbarorum 2 is said to be released w/in the next few months. That means soon M2TW will be reinstalled and I will be playing the released alpha. However in that time period of transition between both of the games, I'm looking to play something new. And I was actually debating about this mod or...purchasing S2TW, and installing the Rising Sun Mod. Both are historically driven mods...one on a much more updated engine. However I know that S2TW has a stigma because of it's poor execution and horrible nearly game breaking state in which it was released (much like R2TW).

I expect somewhat that the answer to the question I am about to ask will be biased or jaded to one side. But I am still wondering. Should I install RNJ or should I purchase S2TW install the fixes and install the RSM? Which is a better experience?

Also what are your opinions in comparison and contrast between the 2 mods?

Default Re: Something New

Cant make a proper comparison as I haven't played s2tw, but I can say RNJ is made to be as historic as possible, and if you "turtle" as Satomi clan you should find the clans expand historicly.
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Team Sleep's Avatar Semisalis

Sounds good. I'll have to do some more research. So what kind of features does your game offer that the vanilla version doesn't?

Better buildings tree, musket units, longer battles, better graphics, good dynamic campaign.

Any way Fans can help improve this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheiftan View Post
    Any way Fans can help improve this mod?
    We need a bigger map, with Korea and china, already have the Korean units done.
    And we could add some more units but need new skeletons and skins for them.
    So if you can do any of the above pm me.

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Shogun 2 was actually one of CA's best initial releases. You're probably thinking of ETW.

hey there is something I picked up on, in Ran No Jidai 2.0 it says some of the factions have buffs like for example the Oda clan are supposed to have better Ashigaru units. Is this only in campaign because when I compared the stats in the custom battle menu they were the same.

Also if I wanted to edit unit stats for each faction for what file path would I go to?

Thank You for your time and effort with this mod I wish you every success

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance208 View Post
    hey there is something I picked up on, in Ran No Jidai 2.0 it says some of the factions have buffs like for example the Oda clan are supposed to have better Ashigaru units. Is this only in campaign because when I compared the stats in the custom battle menu they were the same.

Also if I wanted to edit unit stats for each faction for what file path would I go to?

Thank You for your time and effort with this mod I wish you every success
    Tis true in campaign mode only.