Thread: A little question about the region venetia

Default A little question about the region venetia

First of all i have to thanks all the developers for their work, i played a lot EB that remain even after many years one of the best mod ever made and it's from years that i regularly check this forum for news about EBII, and every prewiew it's fantastic (sadly i didn't find a clapping smiley, that probably would fit better)

My question is: if i'm not wrong every region will have a building with its own peculiar culture right? If that it's true why for the region venetia you chose the rhaetian culture, as i can see on the map i downloaded from another thread, and not the venetic culture, different from the raethian culture and without any doubt predominant in that region?

Default Re: A little question about the region venetia

If I had to guess, there are probably two potential reasons for the EBII team assigning Rhaetic to Venetia.

1: There are limited building slots. There are a lot of one-or-two province cultures already (Tocharian, Callaeciae, Judean, Ethiopian, Rhaetic). They could have simply decided that it wasn't worth spending a building slot on that (especially since every faction seems to have their own unique descriptions for buildings.)

2: It could be that there is archaeological, historical or linguistic reason to believe that the Italic Veneti were closer to the Rhaetians than any other surrounding people (that would make a certain amount of sense; The Veneti would be at the mouth of the Adriatic trade route, and trade coming up the Adriatic would probably cross the Alps within the Rhaetia Province. In addition, IIRC, both the Rhaetians and the Italic Veneti seem to be autocthonous Italic peoples, so it might be possible that they share a common origin.)

Default Re: A little question about the region venetia

you know for the first possiblity i thought the same, and for that only a developer could answers.
    For the second i have to disagree, rhaetians and veneti were geografically close and used the etruscan alphabet both, but the raethian language was related to the etruscan, the venetic no, infact adopted also some letters from the greek alphabet,the veneti had their own culture and religion influenced by the etruscan but still different, with a probably common origin with the latin. If the reason it's only historical i totally disagree, but in case i offer my help to give every information about the veneti for change the idea that rhaetians=veneti.