Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD=============[UPDATED VERSION 3: 11/13/2013][New Screens] UPLOADED to Steam Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    Yes. Version 2 changes Neapolis to Capua, but Version 3 changes this back to Capua (vanilla)
    Haha thanks I wondered why I was crazy! You mean back to Neapolis? I kind of liked Capua whats the reason for the reversion?

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD=============[UPDATED VERSION 3: 11/13/2013][New Screens] UPLOADED to Steam Workshop

Yeah sorry about that (BACK TO NEAPOLIS) I reverted back to Neapolis to reduce as many supplementary changes as possible so that it does not conflict with other mods that might alter the db-text file. I wanted a barebones version with just the added cities for my mod

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

really good mod.

So..........do I need all three versions or just version 3? Great idea btw, it looks great. +rep
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Just version 3

Nefarious's Avatar Tiro

Yeah sorry about that (BACK TO NEAPOLIS) I reverted back to Neapolis to reduce as many supplementary changes as possible so that it does not conflict with other mods that might alter the db-text file. I wanted a barebones version with just the added cities for my mod
    I also noticed Velathri (Aretium?) was changed in V2.
    I tried V3 through Steam for 6 turns and, while additions are usually welcomed, my Campaign map began to stutter. Perhaps my pc can't handle the added eye candy.
    V2 worked like a charm so I reverted back. I'm quite happy with V2 but am wondering if you could revert that version's town names as well. No big issue; I just like to keep things clean and tidy.

I'll stick with (and be happy with) V2. Just hoping those names could be reverted to vanilla.
    As always, thanks and + Rep.

Edit: I need to spread some rep around but will + you when able.
    Last edited by Nefarious; November 14, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Every time I venture from New Orleans,
    I get the sensation of leaving Oz and landing on Kansas.

-------
    You want to know what? Really?? My political profile? Are you sure? Alright, then...

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    I also noticed Velathri (Aretium?) was changed in V2.
    I tried V3 through Steam for 6 turns and, while additions are usually welcomed, my Campaign map began to stutter. Perhaps my pc can't handle the added eye candy.
    V2 worked like a charm so I reverted back. I'm quite happy with V2 but am wondering if you could revert that version's town names as well. No big issue; I just like to keep things clean and tidy.

I'll stick with (and be happy with) V2. Just hoping those names could be reverted to vanilla.
    As always, thanks and + Rep

Edit: I need to spread some rep around but will + you when able.
    http://rapidshare.com/share/20C50959...C97194E053ABCF

Nefarious- I uploaded 2 different versions for the mod. One is V2 without any name changes and just added settlements, and V3 with improved performance

As always, all of them are Save Game compatible as well as compatible with all other mods

Try the new V3 and see if it still stutters, if it does, then use the new V2

Place the downloaded .pack files into STEAM > COMMON > ROME 2 > DATA folder. Then activate the mod using MOD MANAGER in the Rome 2 launcher

Nefarious's Avatar Tiro

Outstanding and appreciated.

V2(no-name-changes) suits me quite nicely.
    I'll be sure to give the new v3 a spin later.

This mod adds a level of depth in such a subtle way. It's permanently on the 'must have' list.
    Thanks for your efforts.
    Every time I venture from New Orleans,
    I get the sensation of leaving Oz and landing on Kansas.

-------
    You want to know what? Really?? My political profile? Are you sure? Alright, then...

STELLover do you know if its possible to :
    - add to all your new cities, the possibility to be played as in the vanilla game ? building etc... ?
    - Add more locations in the vanilla cities for buildings ?
    - add 10x more different buildings ?
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

@Newbie

Unless mod tools are released:
    -No
    -No
    -No

Ok. Thx. When mod tools will be release, the first topic i will come to see will be here !
    Good luck for the futur.
    Hope CA will release them asap
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Yeah, please make it work for higher than High terrain settings, because I run the game on Extreme, and High looks terrible by comparison. This mod looks great on high, but the surrounding terrain looks terrible. Therefore, being able to use this mod to its potential while also being on Extreme terrain settings would be awesome!

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

Gotta say, this mod really helps to just add some extra life to the campaign map! Great work!

Now only wondering if there is any way to run at higher graphical settings and avoid the ground textures that really stick out with the new settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackles View Post
    Gotta say, this mod really helps to just add some extra life to the campaign map! Great work!

Now only wondering if there is any way to run at higher graphical settings and avoid the ground textures that really stick out with the new settlements?
    I really wish this was possible though, but with the current engine this is hardcoded and there is nothing I can do about it. You just have to bear with a lower terrain setting. But mind you, "High" is still a pretty good setting on the scale

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

I really wish this was possible though, but with the current engine this is hardcoded and there is nothing I can do about it. You just have to bear with a lower terrain setting. But mind you, "High" is still a pretty good setting on the scale
    It's more to do with the blood textures. If I want it to stick around in battles terrain needs to be set to extreme. Was hoping to avoid switching options between every battle!

Awesome work nonetheless dude!

But mind you, "High" is still a pretty good setting on the scale
    I meant yeah, it is pretty good if you have a low end computer, but even if you spend $300 upgrading a stock $400 computer (like I did) you can play on Extreme graphics, which mind you, creates a HUGE difference in look. You're right, high still looks good, but comparing High to Ultra or Extreme is like comparing standard definition to HD, there is a substantial difference, doesn't mean it is unwatchable, but for someone used to HD it is. Takes away the immersion aspect of the game, and makes me feel like I'm playing original Rome style graphics by comparison.

If it is hardcoded that's okay, I mean, it's a great mod and I'd love to use it but unfortunately since you can't make it work for higher graphics there is just no way I can use it at this time. I have it favorited on the workshop however in case one day you are able to fix it!

Ciao man.

You can set your graphics on extreme when you go to battle. and when you are on the Gampaign map you set it on high, its your choice

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    You can set your graphics on extreme when you go to battle. and when you are on the Gampaign map you set it on high, its your choice
    That's a bit of a faff though lol. Why oh why can't we have separate settings...

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

So i guess this is not compatible with http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-15-11-2013%29

why do you think that of course it is