Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD----------------[UPDATED VERSION 2: 10/12/2013][New Screens]

ok i have it! great stuff!!!! But i must modified your mod type... i save as .movie. Not as mod. When you doing this you dont need the "userscript". i do it the same by my mods...

greetz
    Last edited by 5MM5; October 13, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD----------------[UPDATED VERSION 2: 10/12/2013][New Screens]

Quote Originally Posted by porthos5 View Post
    It does not work! Why?
    Can you advise me? I did everything according to the instructions, but nothing! Please advice ....!!

Reference to pirates edited out. ~LestaT

First of all, the mod should work for all patches so either you didn't install right or you are using an illegal pirate version, which you are.

You do realize that we don't support anyone who pirates, right?
    Exactly. i know its a ripoff paying 60 dollars but do not complain if a mod does not work if you dont even have the official game. Its obvious why it does not work. Please bugger off
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; October 17, 2013 at 01:04 AM.

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Man from Moon? Wake up....

Quote Originally Posted by porthos5 View Post
    It does not work! Why?
    Can you advise me? I did everything according to the instructions, but nothing! Please advice ....!!

Reference to pirates edited out. ~LestaT
    Mods are less likely to work with pirated versions of the game.

Buy the game, mate.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; October 17, 2013 at 01:04 AM.

So far everything is OK. I do not see a problem. I have unfortunately collision on Steam for a password. Withdraw any patches. Otherwise, it was not yet ... I'm not a fan of buying games, but the BEST I buy. Here I have bad luck so far ... I have to go with what I have.
    So I hoped for a little friendlier access creator mode ... That's all.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; October 17, 2013 at 01:05 AM.

I Bought the game, but without patch 2 is basically unplayable ... I wanted to say.

NO mods are supported/work with pirated illegal games. I think you are lying but if you mean it, send a complaint to steam if u are having problems.STELL

icant see the new pics. can you post another site?

can you please upload the pictures to image shack? photobucket is a money grubbing, buggy, satanic and all round company that must be avoided like the black plague.

Great mod, i have put the pack in my data folder start it with mod manager but i dont see any new towns on my campaign map? Can you give also walls for the towns? I bought the game from steam so i have all the patches. And again great mod thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    can you please upload the pictures to image shack? photobucket is a money grubbing, buggy, satanic and all round company that must be avoided like the black plague.

Ok i reuploaded all images. Thanks for letting me know

Quote Originally Posted by Dude
    Great mod, i have put the pack in my data folder start it with mod manager but i dont see any new towns on my campaign map? Can you give also walls for the towns? I bought the game from steam so i have all the patches. And again great mod thanx.
    Hmm the pack file should be in the data folder ok. I believe only .movie works with ModManager. Try the user.script method. it only takes 15 seconds.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Why do pirates think we would support them? @original post So just to make it clear if you position an army on the settlement and are attacked the battle will not take place in a minor settlement like Syracuse but instead on an open field with, possibly, a few buildings on the battlement?

Thanx stellover.

Last edited by Nesai; October 14, 2013 at 01:40 PM.

My game only crashes when using this mod what mods might it conflict with?

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    NO mods are supported/work with pirated illegal games. I think you are lying but if you mean it, send a complaint to steam if u are having problems.STELL
    Try a few times FORGET PASSWORD, CREATE A PROFILE AGAIN AFTER forget it again - and you'll know what I'm talking ...

It is a pity that the cities are dead ... Sure it could be a lot of work, but I was wondering if it would not only some of the existing, smaller city to copy and reproduce the map. I do not know, I do not understand - my point is that the city was the same as the others - part of the game - they went to conquer and expand as other cities and among the provinces.
    If this is nonsense as I say, so sorry ...
    Anyway, I support further work and thanks for the mod.

Cool Mod !
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Why do pirates think we would support them? @original post So just to make it clear if you position an army on the settlement and are attacked the battle will not take place in a minor settlement like Syracuse but instead on an open field with, possibly, a few buildings on the battlement?
    Exactly. Developing the algorithm to edit/replace the RGD files was hard enough. Unfortunately, it is impossible to link the townships with actual battlemaops, not to mention ambient settlements. I really wish it was possible though. But like I said, if you edit battle_cities, you often get maps (I say ~40%) in which you have clusters of villages in the actual battlemap when you fight near a township.

If you have ever heard of Roma Surrectum II mod for ROME TOTAL WAR or Westeros: Total War for M2:TW, both of which have minor townships scattered across the map, none of them are actually programmed to initiate a battlemap stage or load an ambient settlement. They were purely for campaign visual purposes

It is a pity that the cities are dead ... Sure it could be a lot of work, but I was wondering if it would not only some of the existing, smaller city to copy and reproduce the map. I do not know, I do not understand - my point is that the city was the same as the others - part of the game - they went to conquer and expand as other cities and among the provinces.
    If this is nonsense as I say, so sorry ...
    Anyway, I support further work and thanks for the mod.
    '

Yeah not possible. If you really want the features you are talking about, try modding it yourself with your own algorithm as I did

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    Exactly. Developing the algorithm to edit/replace the RGD files was hard enough. Unfortunately, it is impossible to link the townships with actual battlemaops, not to mention ambient settlements. I really wish it was possible though. But like I said, if you edit battle_cities, you often get maps (I say ~40%) in which you have clusters of villages in the actual battlemap when you fight near a township.

If you have ever heard of Roma Surrectum II mod for ROME TOTAL WAR or Westeros: Total War for M2:TW, both of which have minor townships scattered across the map, none of them are actually programmed to initiate a battlemap stage or load an ambient settlement. They were purely for campaign visual purposes

'

Yeah not possible. If you really want the features you are talking about, try modding it yourself with your own algorithm as I did
    First off, I congratulate you for the initiative to do this. Great job. I do have a couple questions. Are those start models of cities an accessible .cas file and texture type that could used elsewhere...(like in RS2) I'm drooling over them. LOL

Secondly, yes, the little towns in RS2 scattered over the map are just eye candy...BUT, there is a difference. You could feasibly construct a 'Custom Tile' for each one of them, and actually fight battles in them. You cannot do that in Rome2 because Rome2 really doesn't have a 'battlefield', so to speak. It is basically ALL 'Custom Tiles', some specific to major cities like Rome, Carthage, etc., but as for the rest? Generic 'canned maps' that have no (or little) relationship to the strat map. That means that adding cities as you have would need a corresponding addition of a 'place' to fight a battle in it.....and I don't think that's possible.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Woah man! woah. Fantastic!

It would be good to see these settlements have the current minor region sieges for their battlemaps (but without capturepoints, obviously). Alternatively, when you fight outside a town, you can see it just off the battlemap. This could be a good idea for these settlements. Nice job
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse