Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD----------------[UPDATED VERSION 2: 10/12/2013][New Screens]

Quote Originally Posted by Americanus Supremus View Post
    Just played and had to say I do like the additions made. Now if those small towns could be turned into resources or points in which to destroy/protect we will really be talking about something special here.

Also would like to say that if you could make building bigger cities possible, example being Rome being a 4 slot city at present and making it a 5 slot city, you sir would single handedly be making this game what I BELIEVE it should be.

Thanks again for your work and good luck in future

Yes that is what I am planning to work on for future releases. though, I believe many of the features you provided seem hardcoded. I HAVE HAD some success in the slots aspect. For example, making Rome a 5 slot city is easy, but game becomes very unstable, especially at End Turns

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD----------------[UPDATED VERSION 2: 10/12/2013][New Screens]

Nice buddy, makes the game tenfold more lively-like and immersive. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post

Yes that is what I am planning to work on for future releases. though, I believe many of the features you provided seem hardcoded. I HAVE HAD some success in the slots aspect. For example, making Rome a 5 slot city is easy, but game becomes very unstable, especially at End Turns
    You my friend are fast becoming a modding hero of mine. Keep at it and I hope you iron out those bugs. Annoys me to no end the slot limitations. Oh trust me I get and like the fact you are somewhat limited, but it should not be a handicap if you know what I mean, and I think you do. Good on you bud and Good Luck
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

stupar123's Avatar Miles

Nice placeholder town/villages
    If you fix floating cities it would be great

Haven't tried it yet because I'm a bit dubious..but I have a question.

The towns/villages and or cities are different right? I mean for the cultures. We won't have an eastern looking village in the frigid winter forests of Britannia, will we?

Hi very good job.
    That + the mod on traits ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-2TPY-HOTFIX) ) + the mod on the sea ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...R-WATER-III-HD ) + 4 turns / year ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-(10-10-2013) ) + the familie tree (when ? who ? CA ? mods ? we dont know for the moment, but maybe CA in next months) + possibility to move all members of all families in cities like Rome 1 + unlock slots in all cities + 10x more buildings = A real Rome 2 !!
    Last edited by super_newbie_pro; October 13, 2013 at 06:22 AM.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Great Work. Thank you! but could you upload the files to another filehoster? The Download Link is always invalid on fileswamp

New Download link as requested

http://www.2shared.com/file/K6hMk91r/MOD_MoreTownsAndCitiesV2.html
    http://www.2shared.com/file/K6hMk91r...CitiesV2.html?

Quote Originally Posted by Socktu View Post
    Haven't tried it yet because I'm a bit dubious..but I have a question.

The towns/villages and or cities are different right? I mean for the cultures. We won't have an eastern looking village in the frigid winter forests of Britannia, will we?
    Yes, of course they are. Have you even bothered to look at the images on the 1st post? There are 4 mega-cultures for these minor settlements. I have posted at least 1 pic for each of those: Roman, Barbarian, Greek, and Eastern. You can see on the pic of Anatolia those are Eastern townships. The picture of gaul has barbarian townships.
    Last edited by STELLover; October 13, 2013 at 09:56 AM.

Tuhaj bej's Avatar Libertus

Great Job!

Libertus

whoaaa awesome idea.. incorporating this in my ROME II

on a side note, it would be epic to see this change with the loading screens where instead of seeing the generic battle for of pella, battle of xy for the entirety of the region you instead see the battle of olympia battle of cannae if the battle takes place near that city.
    also will this carry over to actual battles? like when you're fighting near or in a minor city in the campaign map it too carries over?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaero.xiii View Post
    whoaaa awesome idea.. incorporating this in my ROME II

on a side note, it would be epic to see this change with the loading screens where instead of seeing the generic battle for of pella, battle of xy for the entirety of the region you instead see the battle of olympia battle of cannae if the battle takes place near that city.
    also will this carry over to actual battles? like when you're fighting near or in a minor city in the campaign map it too carries over?
    I agree it would be epic for the battle names for minor cities to show up. Unfortunately this mod was never something CA plan to include and so far as I see it changing specific battle names is IMPOSSIBLE.

A lot of people keep answering me if the cities mod carries over. My short answer is: KINDA.

My long answer is, there is no added battlemap feature or ambient settlements for these minor towns, but if you go into DB >> Battle_Cities and increase the # of buildings and decrease town radius, you do see random towns and buildings inside or outside/near the battlemap.

i have the packfile in my datafolder and the Settings changed... but i see not in Game . Whats wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by 5MM5 View Post
    i have the packfile in my datafolder and the Settings changed... but i see not in Game . Whats wrong?

Hmmm weird. Try using MOD MANAGER, or go into Rome 2 >>> scripts >> user_scripts and tyoe

mod "MOD_MoreTownsandCitiesV2"

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

This is great stuff. To bad CA can't be bothered to finish anything for this release, not even up to Empire standards of completion.
    One thing before I would download this excellent work -- I suggest removing the floating cities entirely if they cannot be corrected for a public release. If I was playing Macedon or Athens (or any faction where I had to look at them every turn, I would uninstall until they are fixed).

Absolutely brilliant! This is something I've wanted from the beginning and it's well done!
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    This is great stuff. To bad CA can't be bothered to finish anything for this release, not even up to Empire standards of completion.
    One thing before I would download this excellent work -- I suggest removing the floating cities entirely if they cannot be corrected for a public release. If I was playing Macedon or Athens (or any faction where I had to look at them every turn, I would uninstall until they are fixed).
    Not possible, unless you remove the cities completely which defeats the purpose of the mod. You have to bear with SOME floating cities. If you don't like it because of it, then don't play the mod Sorry

wow, looks sweet mate keep up the good work!
    This is my original review for Rome II, posted in October 2013.

Rome II: Totally Casual.

Streamlined features, zero diplomacy, no family tree, lack of character progression, magical transports, complete lack of battle, siege and campaign AI, blob style fighting formations, 3minute battles, magical fire burning torches, zero seasons, 1 turn per year, awful performance on high end systems, monotonous and incredibly tedious campaign,

A year later, sadly, not much has changed.

It does not work! Why?
    Can you advise me? I did everything according to the instructions, but nothing! . Please advice ....!!

Reference to pirates edited out. ~LestaT
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; October 17, 2013 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by porthos5 View Post
    It does not work! Why?
    Can you advise me? I did everything according to the instructions, but nothing! . Please advice ....!!

Reference to pirates edited out. ~LestaT
    You do realize that we don't support anyone who pirates, right?
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; October 17, 2013 at 01:03 AM.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.