Thread: SPQR mod, hapiness icons GONE !

Icon5 SPQR mod, hapiness icons GONE !

Hello,
    i've just downloaded the mod, and it's very good, i get the strategy of diplomacy so that the romans contre each faction in it's place.
    but my problem is that i don't have any icons of the happiness icons in the campaign map, what to do ?!

Default Re: SPQR mod, hapiness icons GONE !

It's a feature, completely on purpose. It makes it harder to manage your cities, especially later on

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

you can still tell their happiness by clicking on the cities, you just can't see them from the campaign map

will, that sucks !

can I reactivate it !?

Laetus

I just reinstalled RomeTW and SPQR and got that bug. I dont remember it in my last SPQR 8.0 game.
    If a bug: please fix it.
    If a new feature: PLEASE, how can I revert it? Is annoying looking in to the city tabs. I like move garrison units and adjust taxes manually each turn, but without that funny happiness icons such micromanagement is a nightmare. I wont play SPQR anymore now. Is there any file I can edit?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akra Leuka View Post
    I just reinstalled RomeTW and SPQR and got that bug. I dont remember it in my last SPQR 8.0 game.
    If a bug: please fix it.
    If a new feature: PLEASE, how can I revert it? Is annoying looking in to the city tabs. I like move garrison units and adjust taxes manually each turn, but without that funny happiness icons such micromanagement is a nightmare. I wont play SPQR anymore now. Is there any file I can edit?

Thanks
    I don't know how you can fix it, perhaps LT will respond later.
    If you don't want to wait, you should ask in Modding sub-forum.

IMO it's not a big issue as each turn:
    1) I press the HOME key to go to capital and then open city details window which DOES show happiness.
    2) Once any preventive actions are taken, I click on the right arrow for the next city, this way you can cover all your cities literally in 20 seconds each turn.

Have you tried and dislike this?

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by themrwho View Post
    I don't know how you can fix it, perhaps LT will respond later.
    If you don't want to wait, you should ask in Modding sub-forum.

IMO it's not a big issue as each turn:
    1) I press the HOME key to go to capital and then open city details window which DOES show happiness.
    2) Once any preventive actions are taken, I click on the right arrow for the next city, this way you can cover all your cities literally in 20 seconds each turn.

Have you tried and dislike this?
    I always move several garrison units between neigbourg cities. Most of the initial roman cities are 1 turn away and have hastatis, townwatch, velites and slingers. Useful for happiness adjustment. Some cities need more garrison than others:
    Ex: City1 are on green and has 6 units, and City2 are on red and has 2 units. Move one unit from the city1, and have 5 and 3 units. If the second city is still red, I move more units, until the smile is yellow. If the initial city becomes red in the process, I low taxes, or low taxes in the second city and move a not moved unit from the second city to the first one, and low tax in the second.
    You can play with units and taxes easily for max income and grow proficency. Sadly, without that smiles, I need to check both city tabs after each unit movement. Its not impossible to play with but a time waste.

Icon14 Re: SPQR mod, hapiness icons GONE !

Quote Originally Posted by Akra Leuka View Post
    Its not impossible to play with but a time waste.
    exacly !

You can still see population order of all settlements at once through the settlements scroll if I recall. Lets you glance all settlements fairly quickly
    Last edited by Ejergard; October 13, 2013 at 03:02 PM.

You can't easily add them back sorry the Pack file was over written. I guess you will need to play another mod.

BTW use Town Watch for garrisons the Engine doesn't care if the unit is elite only the number of men in the garrison. Its pretty easy to figure out what number of garrison to use in each city, the cities closest to Rome need very little and the Farther ones will always need FULL 20 unit garrisons. the icon was removed to help assist in the civil war that comes later in the game.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

AH,still !!

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956 View Post
    (...) the icon was removed to help assist in the civil war that comes later in the game.
    I know this thread is a little old, but I couldn't resist: to HELP assist? Why don't you tell: to make it more difficult for the player when it comes to civil war?

PS: lt1956, Give Me Back My Legions, err .... Icons!