Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hic Sunt Dracones Enhancement Mod

Default Re: Hic Sunt Dracones Animations Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Phaylanx
    when i download the 1.7 patch whenever i try to start a custom battle it CTD on me any help?
    Delete your map.rwm file found in:

* c:\RTW\data\world\maps\base
    * c:\RTW\data\world\maps\campaign\base
    * c:\RTW\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    They can be in all or in only some/one of those places.
    Or run the "campaign_map_reset.bat" batch file from your RTW folder. That will automatically delete those files.

Thanks florin80

Phaylanx, I'm sorry buddy but it's past mid-night and I'm going to bed I've been revising the descr_stat.txt file and the one I uploaded just recently should fix it. I shall update my first post accordingly. I will check back in the morning to see how you're doing.

For those who aren't using Marcus Camillus' 4TPY Mod

Because the 4TPY mod is so popular, I was unaware of this issue until Flavius Agustus and Phaylanx reported a CTD in Hic Sunt Dracones if the 4TPY mod is absent.

I have created a fixed descr_stat.txt file, which you can get from the link below. In the pack there is also a shortcut pointing towards BI.exe just incase anyone is having trouble using it!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TKB03T15

Also, if you're a first-time downloader, please aquaint yourself with the "Known Issues" and the "Notes" section of the first post.
    Last edited by JoeyJubb; September 27, 2006 at 06:49 PM.

yeah it worked but they still dont have spear wall or shield wall by the way am i suppose to put the in the files in the RTR folder or the original RTW folder or both?? also when i besieged the rebel town near phyrrus as soon as i attacked it it said i was missing 2 files somthing with pin high.cas horse or something but in reality they were all there this is the error http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/Phaylanx/god.jpg
    Last edited by Phaylanx; September 27, 2006 at 11:03 PM.

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

what do you mean by "Changed:Gave legionaries different animation to from Hastati etc"... i dont see any difference between them in the DMB files... they use the same anims... so how do they differ?

btw. you might want to add the "two handed horseman" anim to the sarmatian cavalry... all of them are "supposed" to use two-handed spears (even tho the old RTR sarmatian mercs have an intrestingly short spear for that purpose... but it still sais so in their description)
    Last edited by Oddball_E8; September 27, 2006 at 11:12 PM.
    addicted modder... but crap at it

Quote Originally Posted by Phaylanx
    yeah it worked but they still dont have spear wall or shield wall by the way am i suppose to put the in the files in the RTR folder or the original RTW folder or both?? also when i besieged the rebel town near phyrrus as soon as i attacked it it said i was missing 2 files somthing with pin high.cas horse or something but in reality they were all there this is the error http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/Phaylanx/god.jpg
    Hmmm.... try loading a custom battle with Roman cavalry Vs. any infantry

The only way it could report pin_horse_high.cas missing is if it wasn't there... Please download a fresh copy of the mod just to make sure you have no corrupted files.

No files are meant to go in the RTR folder, I've mirrored the file structure in the archive (so data>model_unit goes in data>model_unit). If you don't already have that folder there, create it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_E8
    what do you mean by "Changed:Gave legionaries different animation to from Hastati etc"... i dont see any difference between them in the DMB files... they use the same anims... so how do they differ?

btw. you might want to add the "two handed horseman" anim to the sarmatian cavalry... all of them are "supposed" to use two-handed spears (even tho the old RTR sarmatian mercs have an intrestingly short spear for that purpose... but it still sais so in their description)
    Oh poosticks! Lol. One night I can remember vividly changing the pilum animations back so that non-legionaries would take a bit longer throwing them... it seems that this change has magically corrected itself - but I will change it ready for the next release.

o_0 I shall indeed include the two-handed animations for those samartian cavalry, I was hoping to find more that used it! Tonight I have to go babysitting and so after the little guy has gone to bed I shall study the export_units.txt (having found it just recently) file quite extensivley to see what animations each unit should have.

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

could you just give out the name of the "longer pilum throwing anim" for us that can fix it ourselves? (i assume its in the anim files?)

oh and i was expecting a new and different gladius anim when you said "Gave legionaries different animation to from Hastati etc" hehehe...
    addicted modder... but crap at it

fs_pilum is exactly the same as fs_javelinman, except 30% faster

As for the gladius animations, theres no noticable difference between the varients except the speed, so I decided to keep them the same because the legionaries already have a better attack etc

i did what u said and everytime i try 2 start a new campaign i get taken back to the new campaign screen and when i exit it says something about a fat warlock file? also the custom battle worked but my campaign dont lol
    Last edited by Phaylanx; September 28, 2006 at 06:49 AM.

Yeah, when you start a new campaign the descr_stat.txt file tells the game where everything needs to be. The DMB file tells the game what the units look like. If theres a unit in the descr_stat.txt file but not the DMB the campaign won't load.

You have to copy the new descr_stat.txt file (found if you click "Readme first" in the first post), to this location:
    Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Your Rome Total war folder is usually found at:
    C:\Program Files\Activision\

or if you have "Creative Assembly" written on your RTW box, at:
    C:\Program Files\Creative Assembly\

o ok thnxz ill brb and try that ugh i have school

ok its working for now bu they still dun have sheild wall as a speacial formation anyways ill be back later i have skool ill inform you if i have any more troubles thnxz again

I'm really out of ideas as to why Phaylanx's shield-walls aren't working. Does anyone have any ideas? So far we've:
    Made sure the files are in the right place
    Made sure the shortcut is using BI.exe and not RomeTW.exe
    Made sure that he's using 1.7 beta patch

EDIT: I'll be offline now for a day, I'm going to go babysit! Once the little guy goes to sleep I'll have a great oppertunity to start on all those changes I need to make!
    Last edited by JoeyJubb; September 28, 2006 at 08:51 AM.

Really glad you are going to be making a patch to make this compatible with Candelarius' Extended Realism 2.2e mod, Joey. Looking forward to that! Thanks for all your hard work.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Yes, I'm really looking forward to this one. too. It'll make a big difference!
    But, take it nice and cozy, JJ. No need to rush it. We'll be glad whenever we get this mod. Sorry that I can't help with some technical knowledge here.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

its fine u guys ill wait for ver 1.3 or the next mod and thnxz for helping me

Good news everyone!
    Last night I was babysitting, which gave me a lot of time to experiment with the mod! I've found many minor tweaks I shall be including I just need help with two things:

1) Is "Phyrric" the correct spelling?
    2) Does anyone know how to add the advice in properly? You know when the advisor pops up and helps you in the game. I've copied the shield_wall and can_swim bits from each BI file into the vanilla files but it keeps saying that the thread is unrecognised... can anyone point me in the right direction??

Webster says it`s "pyrrhic victory".

Ehhh? Damn.... I thought it was based on the name "Phyrus"... well I'll take webster into account and try to find more sources to back it up.

Florin80, about the shield-wall buttons - whislt I was experimenting last night I found that I wouldn't be able to just include the buttons themselves, but repack the entire UI pack in RTW - if you have a look at its size, they are both about ~200MB in size!!! I think I will include a post about how to fix the buttons instead of bulking my mod by that much

1. Erm..... maybe I`m having a bad moment, but isn`t that Pyrrhus also? Of course that is the english spelling, but in wikipedia and other places you`ll find it as Pyrrhus. Oh, and I hope that I didn`t turned your whole thread into a discussion of the spelling of his name.

2. That`s ok. No need for your mod to be bigger then the mod you want to change.