Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hic Sunt Dracones Enhancement Mod

Default Re: Hic Sunt Dracones Animations Pack

There are some new screens in the first post.

I'm uploading it now, but I don't have a great upload speed so it'll take a while. Could I ask someone to reupload it somewhere else once mine is done just incase?

Looking nice! BTW, the shield wall button will display properly if you use the BI exe, right?

The shield wall ability is not available if you don't use Bi.exe, and the button will not display properly. I remember seeing a thread how to mod it to work, but it would make my file so huge and I have trouble uploading 15mb as it is....

where is this mod download!? everytime i download 1.7 or watever my greek units are still the same and im getting ******

Quote Originally Posted by Phaylanx
    where is this mod download!? everytime i download 1.7 or watever my greek units are still the same and im getting ******
    What are you talking about? 1.7 is the version of RTRPE. You need this mod(HicSuntDracones) on top of RTRPE to change the animations and I quote Joey:
    DOWNLOADLINKS
    Packed: 15MB Unpacked:50MB
    Download will be ready within 12 hours
    @Joey I was wondering about the horses. You said something about the "Crested horses (non Pinarius) have not been changed". How about the iberian heavy horse that has chain armour? Did you changed their horses with the ones made by Pinarius?
    Last edited by florin80; September 26, 2006 at 10:02 PM.

huh is this thread just now? if it is i appologize i was just wondering why my greeks are still holding their spears in ackward positions when i just downloaded that 1.7 patch srry i never knew he was still working on it sorry by the way will this be easy to follow im not good at modding and stuff like that
    Last edited by Phaylanx; September 26, 2006 at 09:39 PM.

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

so... exactly why isnt this savegame compatible? i dont see anything that would stop it from being that...

oh and good work on getting rid of that pseudo phalanx crap... yeah yeah, i know it wasnt you that did the anims, but good work anyways...
    addicted modder... but crap at it

Now Ready for download, please go to the first post for download links

@Florin80: I changed the reins on Pinarius' horses so that they fit in the hands of the riders, but because the "Crested Heavy Horse" (those rode by Hellnic generals) are RTR originals I had to ask someone else permission to edit those. 95% of horses are properly equipped with reins in this release, and now that I have permission to edit any model I wish, 100% will be okay for release 1.3.

@Phaylanx: All you need to do is download the pack and copy the files into position, version 1.3 will come in its own installer so all you need to do with that version is run it...

@Oddball_E8: You are correct, you should techically be able to continue your save-game with this mod installed, but I am encountering a CTD issue every so often with my old save. You are very welcome to try this mod with your current saves but I can't garuntee it'll run smoothly 100% of the time.

@Everyone: As ever, your feedback is welcomed and encouraged
    Last edited by JoeyJubb; September 27, 2006 at 06:11 AM.

No, my question was whether you were careful not to replace an armoured horse from RTR with the unarmoured horse from Pinarius(with reins or not).

Ahhhh, sorry I misunderstood. I wasn't that careful, quite shamefully. I believe the Iberian horses you speak of will not have armour right now. But rather than release a "quick fix" that will revert the horse back to normal, I'm going to attempt to reskin-pinarius' horse to include the armour you speak of so that the reins can be included too. (Because I now have permission to edit pretty much anything I want to for the next release)

I'm wondering, could I use the pictures in the unit-description to know weather a horse needs armour? :hmmm:

my greeks cant do shield wall and i havee dun everything u said and i already have a BI version 1.6 help?

Humm.... I don't understand - if you copied all the right files over they should be able to do the shield-wall no problem.. exactly what units can't do it?

EDIT: Here's a list of greek units that can do the shield wall, please check if they are able to in your game. If they're not please tell me exactly how you installed Hic Sunt Dracones

Athinaioi Hoplitai
    Corinthian Hoplitai
    Hoplitai
    Hoplitai (AOR)
    Hoplitai (Elite)
    Hoplitai (Levy)
    Mercenary Hoplitai
    Spartiates Hoplitai
    Last edited by JoeyJubb; September 27, 2006 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJubb
    Ahhhh, sorry I misunderstood. I wasn't that careful, quite shamefully. I believe the Iberian horses you speak of will not have armour right now. But rather than release a "quick fix" that will revert the horse back to normal, I'm going to attempt to reskin-pinarius' horse to include the armour you speak of so that the reins can be included too. (Because I now have permission to edit pretty much anything I want to for the next release)
    That would be splendid. And while you`re at it, how about making some ornaments for the iberian horses(the light and medium ones) as they had in reality. Something similar to what EB has done with their textures for
    ebunit_aymar_horse_medium_iberia
    ebunit_aymar_horse_light_iberia
    They add to the color of the game.
    I only told you about them as an example. I doubt that EB would give you permission to use their textures, but who know? I think some of the horses from Iberia Total War also have ornaments, but I think I like the ones from EB better. Take a look at them.

I'm wondering, could I use the pictures in the unit-description to know weather a horse needs armour? :hmmm:
    What do you mean? As a source to see which of them have armour and which don`t? In principle yes. I think that it is reflected in those pics.

Also, you might want to try and make those button (shield wall and such) to display properly in a later version. I know it makes the mod alot bigger, but it also makes it complete. Once you finished everything else of course. Maybe you can upload those files separately as an optional add-on...

You`re doing a great job. Keep it up!

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

about the CTD and save game incompatability... im incorporating these anims on my own... by hand... so im not sure that will cause any crashes...
    i dont see why it should...

just to be clear im not including any models or anything else except the new anim files...
    addicted modder... but crap at it

@florin80: Thanks florin80, I do appreciate it Once I have fixed my upload speed (blueyonder are helping me out now), I shall include the button fix because it won't matter about size after that! About the ornaments thing, I shall try to add them as I would love the practice, probably take a while though...

@Oddball_E8: Yeah, I just didn't want to give the thumbs-up to it being savegame compatible when I don't have a reliable save to test it on. Also, with the next release I'm going to make an "Animations Only" version

This works with MNMod right? I assume they don't tinker with the same files

Unfortunatly both mods tinker with the EDU. If you know what you're doing then you should be okay, if not then I believe Maced0n (author of the MNMod) is working on including an "Animations only" version of my mod into his shortly.

i just dropped all the files in the places they needed to be

"Graecia capta ferum victorem cepit et artes intulit agresti Latio."

Quote Originally Posted by Phaylanx
    i just dropped all the files in the places they needed to be
    ...and didn't install any other mods/patches over the top?