Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: The Wedding Feast of Maron Martell and Daenerys Targaryen, Early 195 A.L.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: The Wedding Feast of Maron Martell and Daenerys Targaryen, Early 195 A.L.

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantineCaesar View Post
    "Aye, that they are. Rowena especially makes me very proud, she is strong, reminds me of my own mother, a Flint through and through," Helman said and gazed off into the distance, but then quickly recomposed himself. He took some time to ponder on Beron's last words as the man looked at his food. What does he mean by that? He is married already and surely he can't mean Lord Artos? Helman shuddered at the thought of seeing his daughter wed to such a man. Artos might be his liege lord, but not the marrying kind.

He listened to Beron's words very carefully and took some time before he answered, careful not to insult him, sipping at his wine. "I am certain Lord Stark must have his reasons. It is not in me to judge my liege lord's actions. It is indeed hard to draw a fair and just conclusion amidst the fog of war and the winds of winter."

He then looked at Brandon, his second son, and ordered, "Go and fetch your sisters." The boy dipped his head respectfully and left to search for the girls.
    Beron watched the lord command young Brandon, and was impressed. "Fine son too. You are lucky. I have only the one lad... and he..." Beron suddenly noticed he was missing from his seat. "Gods damn him.... Has disappeared again. Won't sit still that boy." He shrugged at Manderly and shook his head with a slight smile. "Anyway, yes... I know House Flint well, they are good folk. I often send my swordbearer Sirsha to shelter there, she hunts and patrols the Wolfswood and the Flints keep me informed of her health and her comings and goings. She's a good girl that one, promising."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    Come show me to him little cub, he may be wondering where you are.
    Beron rose from his seat seeing the Lannister stride forth with his son in tow. "My thanks, Lord Lannister!" Beron eyed the boy harshly and whispered a curse at him. "I hope he did not disturb you."

Default Re: The Wedding Feast of Maron Martell and Daenerys Targaryen, Early 195 A.L.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    Beron watched the lord command young Brandon, and was impressed. "Fine son too. You are lucky. I have only the one lad... and he..." Beron suddenly noticed he was missing from his seat. "Gods damn him.... Has disappeared again. Won't sit still that boy." He shrugged at Manderly and shook his head with a slight smile. "Anyway, yes... I know House Flint well, they are good folk. I often send my swordbearer Sirsha to shelter there, she hunts and patrols the Wolfswood and the Flints keep me informed of her health and her comings and goings. She's a good girl that one, promising."

Beron rose from his seat seeing the Lannister stride forth with his son in tow. "My thanks, Lord Lannister!" Beron eyed the boy harshly and whispered a curse at him. "I hope he did not disturb you."
    Not nearly as muh as he disturbed my little brother I warrant. It is an honor to meet you Lord Stark. It is well over do in my opinion. Though I do not mean to interupt your current conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Garrett raised an eyebrow. "Tell me all about it, Ser Lannister," he said.
    Tybolt dropped his smile for a moment, allowing the muscles to rest. My nephews Damion and Antony are available. They are my brother Andros' offspring. My brother Lord Tytos, has his son and heir Titus, who is yet to be married and his youngest Tyrion. Tyrion and Antony are both 15 and damion and Titus both 19. For the young lady both Tyrion and Damion seem like they might be the best matches. Of the four, those two are a little more...on the cognitive side of things

Quote Originally Posted by Honors Bastion View Post
    “I thank you for the compliment Lord Lannister. It is truly an honor to hear you say that of me.” replied Daemon with a smile.

After a short moment of silence, a look of realization appeared on Daemon’s face and he said
    “I must tell you Lord Lannister, what you just said has reminded me of what my father told me before he passed away on his deathbed, and surprisingly enough, it appears that you used almost exactly the same words as he did. He too described a potential for ‘greatness’ in me and he too said there was something about me worth investing in. I think that must have been why he legitimized me and all of my other brothers and sisters to give us a chance in this word. Only the Seven know if this was a coincidence or not but it is fitting in a way. Thank you Lord Tytos for reminding me of my father's words.”
    I believe it is the mark of a good ruler to notice talent when it presents itself. To notice threats before they consider themselves threats, and opportunity when it arrives. Never forget the worth of any moment, Blackfyre. You never know which moment will manifest itself later for good, or for ill

Beron smiled in confusion, was this a joke about his brother? He had learnt it best to brush over things some times. "The honour is mine and I mean that in all honesty. Tywin Lannister is a name heard all over Westeros." He looked at Manderly as he sent his son to fetch his daughters. "Please, you are welcome to join us. My lord Manderly was just about to present his two -unmarried- daughters. I admit I worry that my brother, the ruler of the North remains unmarried." In truth, it was not so woeful, since his own son was the heir whilst this remained the case.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Tybolt dropped his smile for a moment, allowing the muscles to rest. My nephews Damion and Antony are available. They are my brother Andros' offspring. My brother Lord Tytos, has his son and heir Titus, who is yet to be married and his youngest Tyrion. Tyrion and Antony are both 15 and damion and Titus both 19. For the young lady both Tyrion and Damion seem like they might be the best matches. Of the four, those two are a little more...on the cognitive side of things
    Garrett's face remained motionless for a moment, as if he was chewing on the words. After a few seconds, he said, "please, bring them here if you would. Oh, and something else..." he paused. "Do you like the Vale, Good Ser Tybolt?"
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

I believe it is the mark of a good ruler to notice talent when it presents itself. To notice threats before they consider themselves threats, and opportunity when it arrives. Never forget the worth of any moment, Blackfyre. You never know which moment will manifest itself later for good, or for ill
    “You speak wise words again Lord Lannister. If only my brother, the king, had heard your words as well. Maybe then he will realize the many threats that are around him, from his disgruntled lords to a rival who shares his same royal blood and then some.” replied Daemon with another devious grin.

Beron smiled in confusion, was this a joke about his brother? He had learnt it best to brush over things some times. "The honour is mine and I mean that in all honesty. Tywin Lannister is a name heard all over Westeros." He looked at Manderly as he sent his son to fetch his daughters. "Please, you are welcome to join us. My lord Manderly was just about to present his two -unmarried- daughters. I admit I worry that my brother, the ruler of the North remains unmarried." In truth, it was not so woeful, since his own son was the heir whilst this remained the case.
    Bah, House Stark is a famed and fabled house all across Westeros! People everywhere know my House and sigil. They know it stands for power and wealth, but little more. Your house however, pride, honor, dignity, just. Many qualities I wish to be associated with mine own house. I also have a daughter and some nieces that are requiring a good marriage.
    Tytos said openly. He was not a lovable man. His demeaner, his perpetual lack of a smile, but behind it all he did not just want his house to be feared but revered.

Garrett's face remained motionless for a moment, as if he was chewing on the words. After a few seconds, he said, "please, bring them here if you would. Oh, and something else..." he paused. "Do you like the Vale, Good Ser Tybolt?"
    I would if I could Lord Arryn but they are all currently back at Casterly Rock. My brother did not want to risk them on the ride, also figuring they could learn a few things in his absence. I have been to the Vale before, in my traveling days. It reminds me very much of the West, but colder. To be honest however, I could not help but feel a degree more of tranquility while there than in any other province.

“You speak wise words again Lord Lannister. If only my brother, the king, had heard your words as well. Maybe then he will realize the many threats that are around him, from his disgruntled lords to a rival who shares his same royal blood and then some.” replied Daemon with another devious grin.
    Tytos Shook his head slightly, mostly for appearance sake, Does he have no one to advise him of such things? If not it is a pity, again, it is a quality of leadership to recognize talented men. I hear you have the noble Ser Quentin Ball by your side is that correct?

Tytos Shook his head slightly, mostly for appearance sake, Does he have no one to advise him of such things? If not it is a pity, again, it is a quality of leadership to recognize talented men. I hear you have the noble Ser Quentin Ball by your side is that correct?
    “Yes, my brother does have advisers who try to do their best to inform him of potential threats, but in my personal belief, I see them as no more than incompetent idiots who can’t see what is before their very eyes.” answered Daemon with slight grin.

“You are correct Lord Lannister. Ser Quentyn Ball is both my mentor and my friend. He has taught me everything that I know about the ways of dueling, jousting, and basically how to be a warrior and good knight. He is a great man and an extremely loyal one to boot.”

I would if I could Lord Arryn but they are all currently back at Casterly Rock. My brother did not want to risk them on the ride, also figuring they could learn a few things in his absence. I have been to the Vale before, in my traveling days. It reminds me very much of the West, but colder. To be honest however, I could not help but feel a degree more of tranquility while there than in any other province.
    "Ah, a shame," Garrett said. "You look like a good administrator with a healthy brain, Ser Lannister," he continued, "And my Lord Hunter of the Gates of the Moon recently passed away... How would you like to be a Lord under me and be away from your brothers, Ser?"

"Ah, a shame," Garrett said. "You look like a good administrator with a healthy brain, Ser Lannister," he continued, "And my Lord Hunter of the Gates of the Moon recently passed away... How would you like to be a Lord under me and be away from your brothers, Ser?"
    Tybolts renewed smiled twitched, I've long thought of venturing away from Casterly Rock. From my brothers. But can I? My brothers need me, my house needs me. Without me, Andros is alone with those hard headed proud elder lions. Lord Arryn, I appreciate such an offer! I am not worthy of such an honor...perhaps I will visit with my neices and nephews soon and we may discuss it more?

“Yes, my brother does have advisers who try to do their best to inform him of potential threats, but in my personal belief, I see them as no more than incompetent idiots who can’t see what is before their very eyes.” answered Daemon with slight grin.

“You are correct Lord Lannister. Ser Quentyn Ball is both my mentor and my friend. He has taught me everything that I know about the ways of dueling, jousting, and basically how to be a warrior and good knight. He is a great man and an extremely loyal one to boot.”
    Tytos' eyes narrowed, Good, I thought as much. Every king needs a hand, no to soon to say.

Tybolts renewed smiled twitched, I've long thought of venturing away from Casterly Rock. From my brothers. But can I? My brothers need me, my house needs me. Without me, Andros is alone with those hard headed proud elder lions. Lord Arryn, I appreciate such an offer! I am not worthy of such an honor...perhaps I will visit with my neices and nephews soon and we may discuss it more?
    "Of course, of course," Garrett answered. "And take those eligible boys with you if you would," he said, while pouring a cup of wine for himself, and a second for Tybolt.

Bah, House Stark is a famed and fabled house all across Westeros! People everywhere know my House and sigil. They know it stands for power and wealth, but little more. Your house however, pride, honor, dignity, just. Many qualities I wish to be associated with mine own house. I also have a daughter and some nieces that are requiring a good marriage.
    Tytos said openly. He was not a lovable man. His demeaner, his perpetual lack of a smile, but behind it all he did not just want his house to be feared but revered.
    Beron swallowed his wine suddenly. "Daughter you say? Nieces? Ah..." Beron, ever the good steward, his eyes shone at the prospect of a good wife for his wayward brother the Lord Artos. His own son could do with a strong betrothal too if it came to that, for Edwyle was the heir whilst Artos remained childless. He spoke calmly as to not play his hand. "And are any of these delightful maidens here? I would indeed spread word of the greatness of House Lannister in the North if I had the honour of experiencing at first hand how the lions raise their ladies."

Campidoctor

Lady Rowena was dancing with her brother Willam, practicing the steps she had learned from her septa. The music could have been better, aye, and so could the partner, but none had invited her to dance and she needed something exciting to do before the feast was over. Thus, her brother. The fool cannot even dance properly, she thought to herself, smiling at him. The burdens of men, ha!

"Rena, Father wishes to speak to you," a familiar voice called. "Do you happen to know where in the Seven Hells Wyn is?"

She paused the dance and then looked at her younger brother, Bran. "I suppose you shall find her wherever the Great Bastard is," she said, laughing. "Go on, Will here will help you find her."

Willam looked strangely at her, somewhat displeased to go sister-fishing, but Rowena paid no mind and made her way to their table. To her surprise, her father had been joined by Beron Stark and a Lannister, of all people, and they were locked in conversation.

"Ah, there she is!" Father exclaimed as she curtsied to the high lords. "My lords, may I present you my eldest daughter, Lady Rowena. Sweetling, this is Lord Beron, Lord Artos' brother and steward, and his boy Edwyle, but you already know them. This man, however, is Tytos Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West."

She did her courtesies. "Lord Beron, I am pleased to meet you again," she said, and then looked at Tytos. "Lord Lannister, it is an honour to make your acquaintance."

Rowena was stunning, a ripe fruit waiting to be plucked. Beron was hardly a ladies man but he found it difficult to cover his usual diplomatic coy. "Blessed be the gods...charming." He bowed a little and thought immediately of his brother, what a prize she would be to the Court of the North. But did he really want to have his brother the lord married to such fertile soil? It was his own son Edwyle, that was heir whilst Artos remained unwed.

Beron swallowed his wine suddenly. "Daughter you say? Nieces? Ah..." Beron, ever the good steward, his eyes shone at the prospect of a good wife for his wayward brother the Lord Artos. His own son could do with a strong betrothal too if it came to that, for Edwyle was the heir whilst Artos remained childless. He spoke calmly as to not play his hand. "And are any of these delightful maidens here? I would indeed spread word of the greatness of House Lannister in the North if I had the honour of experiencing at first hand how the lions raise their ladies."
    Unfortunately they are not. I left most of the younger half of my family at the rock. Only me and two of my brothers ventured this way. But I can be arranged for them to journey to the north for a visit!

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    Daryn laughed after her last sentence.
    "Indeed, it would be amusing, but unfortunately not for me", he explained friendly, "Even dressing up completely unfitting wouldn't be that hurtful for me, I even changed roles sometimes with my sister Darlessa Rivers - everything ridiculous is fine from my point of view, but where knights and lords are nearly murdering eachother in favor of Harrenhall or for honour like my older brother, I would like to avoid the direct conflict and only watch it as a visitor. Of course I wish my brother good luck, but this doesn't mean that I sympathesize with these tourneys. There's always the risk someone dies.
    So I do agree to you. Your dreams are definitly good and an advantage for everyone of us, if they come true. And I also hope, that the Seven will hear them."
    She chuckled at the thought of Daryn in a dress, even seeing his slim figure fitting one quite well. She let go of him and started to walk back to the dais.

"Then we shall meet again at Harrenhall, Ser Daryn. Thank you for this dance, it has been most pleasant making your acquaintance. Now I must return to my seat, enjoy the rest of the feast."

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    She chuckled at the thought of Daryn in a dress, even seeing his slim figure fitting one quite well. She let go of him and started to walk back to the dais.

"Then we shall meet again at Harrenhall, Ser Daryn. Thank you for this dance, it has been most pleasant making your acquaintance. Now I must return to my seat, enjoy the rest of the feast."
    The Tully nodded and also went away.
    "I hope we will meet again, Princess", he said, "This was a quite unforgetable evening, which even my mind couldn't describe in any sort of text, I fear. I wish you a good evening."
    Still impressed by her, he then also left the dancing floor. Reality, you have me back.